CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jamaicacurl

+58
krazy coils
MomnWife
CurlsGalore
crvng4mr
MellowOne
Nikcoils
CurlCita
MahoganyCurls
mochamoments
jcanalena79
NubieNatty
curlyboricua
Mz. Thang
cutephantasm
blondie
bholmes87
Miss CurlyT
StephanieB
Notthecoolmom
Kshamile
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
vmichelle
Juices-n-Berries
A85
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
SheeTacular
Corygentri
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
NylaCoils
Intelligentbeauty
Curly Film Chick
splitsun
Kea::curls
Pinkrage
Courtie
LilMsPuddles
adiaha
HumanNature
tiashaunteé
d.denise
beautifuleyez
crustaceans
dajewel
Lanamarie
CocoEuro
MeekMonique
RoseNaturalBeauty
Free2009
Enchantment
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
nmoultry
Blackbeauty
jamaicacurl
62 posters

Page 10 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Go down

jamaicacurl - Page 10 Empty Re: jamaicacurl

Post by sweetdrk1 7th January 2010, 3:05 pm

Awesome job!!! I love it!! Your hair is so shiny!!! Pretty lady!! Woooo Natural hair gives you such versatility, don't you love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 7th January 2010, 3:22 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, I love that style. Did you twist in the same direction for all 4? I need to give this a try.

Um...actually no. I twisted in different directions on each side. So both twists on the left went one way and the twists on the right went the other way.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 7th January 2010, 3:25 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Awesome job!!! I love it!! Your hair is so shiny!!! Pretty lady!! Woooo Natural hair gives you such versatility, don't you love it!

Thanks Sweet! I'm still in awe at how much your hair has grown in just a couple of months!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th January 2010, 3:49 pm

Beautiful bun!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th January 2010, 12:19 am

Your first on purpose flat two strand twists are a slam dunk. Amazing results!

I will try the bentonite clay for my skin.

What did you use for your oil rinse?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 8th January 2010, 12:25 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Your first on purpose flat two strand twists are a slam dunk. Amazing results!

I will try the bentonite clay for my skin.

What did you use for your oil rinse?

Thanks Chrs!
I used EVOO for my oil rinse.
Let me know how the B-clay facial goes when you do it.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 8th January 2010, 1:19 am

I'm planning on doing a bentonite clay mask tonight as well Wink
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 8th January 2010, 8:48 am

I may do a bentonite clay mask after work! Look how you've inspired us JamaicaCurl! jamaicacurl - Page 10 678474

---Reese jamaicacurl - Page 10 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 8th January 2010, 10:58 am

Yay! I'm looking forward to hearing how all your clay masks go!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

jamaicacurl - Page 10 Empty 1.8.10

Post by jamaicacurl 8th January 2010, 6:45 pm

Well it snowed (slightly) last night and today is a snow day so we are all home.
I still have my flat twists in but when I went to the store this morning I was afraid my scalp would be cold or something so I dug up a crocheted hat I bought a few years ago. It didn't mess up my hair at all, the way I wore it. What I love most about this hat is that you can wear it different ways. I may need to get more in different colours...

jamaicacurl - Page 10 1_7_ha10

jamaicacurl - Page 10 1_7_ha11

I may or may not take down the twists tomorrow. Still debating. I was invited to a birthday party tomorrow night but I'm still not sure if I want to go. If I do, I don't know if I want to rock the twist out (if it looks alright) or just keep it simple and keep the twists in. I may just stay home...it's too cold to go out lol!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 8th January 2010, 7:27 pm

love the twists + bun combo Smile you and chrs...have me yearning for more growth just so i can try these out!

you skin looks great btw &&& i def need to invest in some more hats...

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2010, 7:55 pm

your skin is beautiful!! and uhm I just made a hat like that for my bestie!!!

jamaicacurl - Page 10 Dsc01024
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th January 2010, 1:43 am

I love the beanie on you. I may try to find a hat or two to wear to work. I have not been covering my head and it is cold here.

Remember to try to let your style last, if you do not like the twistout, try putting it in one of your famous buns or create a new one. You can also pin it. I hope you will share what you decided regardless.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th January 2010, 1:49 am

I love the beanie. I need to get one too. jamaicacurl - Page 10 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 9th January 2010, 1:52 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:your skin is beautiful!! and uhm I just made a hat like that for my bestie!!!

jamaicacurl - Page 10 Dsc01024

Nice Sweet! One day I'll be as talented as you with the crocheting or knitting hats.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 9th January 2010, 1:57 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I love the beanie on you. I may try to find a hat or two to wear to work. I have not been covering my head and it is cold here.

Remember to try to let your style last, if you do not like the twistout, try putting it in one of your famous buns or create a new one. You can also pin it. I hope you will share what you decided regardless.

My shorter hairs around my hairline are starting to stick out. I have been putting some hair butter in the front but it doesn't seem to be doing what I want it to do, which is stay down! But the twists themselves still look good. Today I retwisted the ends and bunned them again. But I didn't apply any products because my hair felt pretty soft and moisturized.
However, maybe because I'm so used to wearing my hair all out but having it bunned for this long makes my head hurt a little. It's going to feel so good when I take it down.

I do plan on doing another flat twist style though. I need to learn/experiment more on how to make my styles last longer.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 9th January 2010, 2:03 am

Thanks for the compliments on my skin ladies Smile
I'm trying to get it back to the way it used to be. I never had acne or anything but I did get breakouts here and there but for the most part my skin was pretty clear. But after having kids my life has gotten so busy, hormones do what they do, and I had neglected some of my self-care routines and my face would just get these little bumps all over and blemishes. I even contemplated going to see a dermatoligist because I thought part of it was that I was getting older and I thought maybe I need to do something different. Until I read about the Oil Cleansing Method here on CN. com. I've been using the Oil Cleansing Method for about 1 month now and I really think know it has helped. Most recently I also beleive that the Bentonite clay facials are working in my favour as well. My skin is definitely looking better so I am going to try and keep it up.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

jamaicacurl - Page 10 Empty 1.9.10

Post by jamaicacurl 9th January 2010, 8:16 pm

Well I took out my flat twists and my hair was a mess! Some parts looked nice and others just didn't. It was also kind of greasy. Maybe I used too much hair butter when I initially put them in? I let it out for a while to see if it would get better but it didn't really. Then the front of my hair line started itching. This cold weather is really taking a toll on my scalp. Very dry in spots.

So, I decided to just wash my hair instead of hoping some magical curly fairy would come by and make it look right. And since I was washing, I decided to try a new product that I bought that is highly recommended by Blondie. It is Elasta QP Feels Like Silk styling gel. I

I co-washed with Suave Coconut, conditioned with GVP Conditioning Balm and used that as my leave in as well. After detangling, I applied the FLS gel on soaking wet hair (as Blondie advised to) by raking it in and scrunching the ends. At first the smell of it got to me...it smelled like a salon....not my favourite fragrance. Then as I scrunched my hair started looking like I put too much. The bottle says to use a dime size amount or less depending on the length of your hair. I probably used a whole dollar lol! I put maybe a little over a quarter size on each side of my head and then a little more underneath.

I then plopped for a little over 30 mins as I got things done around the house. I took off my flour sack towel and let it air dry the rest of the way. The smell was still there but not as strong as before so I was ok with that. It got a little crunchy...I beleive Blondie said it's not crunchy for her but at this point I was sure it was because I may have put too much in. But it still wasn't super hard like other stylers make my hair feel. After it was about 90% dry I scrunched out the little bit of crunch and I fluffed at the roots. Top of my head was still a bit damp but that part is always the last to dry.

Here are the ending results:

jamaicacurl - Page 10 100_2823

jamaicacurl - Page 10 100_2824

jamaicacurl - Page 10 100_2825

jamaicacurl - Page 10 100_2826

At first, I was undecided about the results but as my hair dried more I liked it. I would compare the results to how my hair looks after applying flaxseed gel...except this time it's more curly. My hair is definitely soft and there is minimal frizz. I keep playing in it and looking in the mirror and it's still looking good. I haven't left the house so I'm not sure what effect the outside elements may or may not have but I will find out one of these days. Smile
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2010, 8:24 pm

It looks good!!! Love the family tree on the wall!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 9th January 2010, 8:26 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:It looks good!!! Love the family tree on the wall!

Thanks! LOL yeah that's my kids' "Art Wall" where we put up any recent things from school. I actually have a few more things to put up but my 1 yr old keeps ripping things down.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th January 2010, 8:27 pm

your curls look great!!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 9th January 2010, 8:29 pm

tiashauntee wrote:your curls look great!!!

Thanks Tia!

I forgot to mention that since I did the Bentonite clay treatment my roots are still kinda fluffy and I notice it's more curly than before and the curls seem to be smaller.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 9th January 2010, 8:39 pm

jamaicacurl wrote:So I went to bed super late last night because I washed my hair and flat twisted it....but it was all worth it. I did 4 flat twists down into a bun. I must give credit to ChrsLvsBks, Tiashauntee & ALatina for the inspiration. I've been looking at their pics of twists and really wanted to try it too. My style is more similar to Chrs' most recent style.
It's not my first time doing flat twists but it was my first time doing it on purpose to wear it as a style outside the house. I had to do 3 of them over. But practice makes perfect and in time I'm sure I'll be able to do it faster and tighter and smaller.

After co-washing and oh! doing an oil rinse (inspired by Tiashauntee as well), and then conditioning, I applied Taliah Waajid Crinkles & Curls and some Koils by Nature hair & body butter to my ends and edges. I parted my hair down the middle, pinned one side, and parted the other side in half and started twisting.

I put the ends into a bun and pinned it. Donned my silk scarf and went to bed!

Here's my hair today:

jamaicacurl - Page 10 100_2818

jamaicacurl - Page 10 100_2819

jamaicacurl - Page 10 100_2820

And I must say thank God for scarves! I was worried about how my front edges were going to look but they came out nice and smooth.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 9th January 2010, 8:39 pm

jamaicacurl wrote:Well I took out my flat twists and my hair was a mess! Some parts looked nice and others just didn't. It was also kind of greasy. Maybe I used too much hair butter when I initially put them in? I let it out for a while to see if it would get better but it didn't really. Then the front of my hair line started itching. This cold weather is really taking a toll on my scalp. Very dry in spots.

So, I decided to just wash my hair instead of hoping some magical curly fairy would come by and make it look right. And since I was washing, I decided to try a new product that I bought that is highly recommended by Blondie. It is Elasta QP Feels Like Silk styling gel. I

I co-washed with Suave Coconut, conditioned with GVP Conditioning Balm and used that as my leave in as well. After detangling, I applied the FLS gel on soaking wet hair (as Blondie advised to) by raking it in and scrunching the ends. At first the smell of it got to me...it smelled like a salon....not my favourite fragrance. Then as I scrunched my hair started looking like I put too much. The bottle says to use a dime size amount or less depending on the length of your hair. I probably used a whole dollar lol! I put maybe a little over a quarter size on each side of my head and then a little more underneath.

I then plopped for a little over 30 mins as I got things done around the house. I took off my flour sack towel and let it air dry the rest of the way. The smell was still there but not as strong as before so I was ok with that. It got a little crunchy...I beleive Blondie said it's not crunchy for her but at this point I was sure it was because I may have put too much in. But it still wasn't super hard like other stylers make my hair feel. After it was about 90% dry I scrunched out the little bit of crunch and I fluffed at the roots. Top of my head was still a bit damp but that part is always the last to dry.

At first, I was undecided about the results but as my hair dried more I liked it. I would compare the results to how my hair looks after applying flaxseed gel...except this time it's more curly. My hair is definitely soft and there is minimal frizz. I keep playing in it and looking in the mirror and it's still looking good. I haven't left the house so I'm not sure what effect the outside elements may or may not have but I will find out one of these days. Smile

I am SUPER late following your thread, but looking good ma...looking GOOD!!!
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 9th January 2010, 8:41 pm

vmichelle wrote:
jamaicacurl wrote:Well I took out my flat twists and my hair was a mess! Some parts looked nice and others just didn't. It was also kind of greasy. Maybe I used too much hair butter when I initially put them in? I let it out for a while to see if it would get better but it didn't really. Then the front of my hair line started itching. This cold weather is really taking a toll on my scalp. Very dry in spots.

I am SUPER late following your thread, but looking good ma...looking GOOD!!!

Aw thanks!!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum