CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie to being natural.... lots of questions

2 posters

Go down

Newbie to being natural.... lots of questions Empty Newbie to being natural.... lots of questions

Post by HoneyBee 2nd June 2010, 12:18 am

Hi. I'm a sophomore in college and I just decided to go natural about six months ago. I use this product called Noodle Head to get my permed hair to curl like my new growth (since I don't want to cut if off just yet). It works for about two days. I'm afraid of washing my hair every two or three days. Does anyone have any suggestions of products that will curl longer?

And when is a good time to cut my hair? I've always had long hair and I'm afraid to cut it all off

Thanks!!!

HoneyBee

http://www.twitter.com/@Hunie_B_

Back to top Go down

Newbie to being natural.... lots of questions Empty Re: Newbie to being natural.... lots of questions

Post by Karyn 2nd June 2010, 1:15 am

I know many transitioners used rollers/flexi-rods to curl their permed ends. But I'm not sure of any products. I'm sure one of the long transitioners on here (Muz or IntelligentBeauty) will be able to help you a lot better than I can.

I say just cut it off whenever you feel comfortable with the length. Some people cut their relaxed hair off after two months of transitioning and some people cut their relaxed hair off after two years. It's all up to you really.

Good luck!
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down