CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jaswand Red Hibiscus Review

2 posters

Go down

Jaswand Red Hibiscus Review Empty Jaswand Red Hibiscus Review

Post by ButterQueen 1st June 2010, 10:43 am

Okay so I did a deep condition using this powder and for those of you who are unfamiliar with it's uses, traditionally it is used to not only clean hair, but keep it healthy and encourage growth so I thought as a new product kick off it was worth a try.
Here's how I used it:
50 grams of Jaswandi Powder/aka red hibiscus aka sorrell
100 grams of Hesh Amla Powder
about 1/4 c of really raw honey
enough water to make a paste
Let it sit for 15 minutes then applied to my hair.
It was a pretty interesting experiment and for the most part I was pleased.
1.I was able to section my hair and didn't even have to brush (my hair strands were left smooth, no frizz!) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
2. I didn't wash my hair prior to this treatment because I wanted to see how it acted in terms of a cleanser. My hair was left clean and smelled fresh, no itchies (however fr someone who has dry scalp I would recommend adding some olive oil to the mix.
btw, the powder has a totally earthy smell kind of like wood chips of sandalwood .
3. Another purpose of this was to see if there was any 'coloring' effects to this powder, when I initially rinsed I couldn't see a difference but next day I was sitting in the sun and my 2 year old says "Hey! why is your hair red!" lol and when I looked to see it had deepened to a reddish brown color that was visible indoors as well.
4. I also noticed that this powder doesnt coat in the same way as adding the 'hibiscus' tea to my henna mix (for burgundy) does but it left my hair soooo soft it was unreal. My girls just kept touching my hair and saying "Mommy your hair is so soft...is your hair going to stay soft like this?"
LOL, and here 2 days post treatment it is still very much smooth and very much touchably soft.

Overall I am pleased other than shea butter the only other thing I used on my hair was my aloe spritzer, I will be hennaing in the next few days and I believe I will also add it to my 'burgundy mix' to see how it turns out.
Here's what the powder looks like:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
and in my opinion it's a keeper [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Jaswand Red Hibiscus Review Empty Re: Jaswand Red Hibiscus Review

Post by NubieNatty 6th June 2010, 1:03 am

i will definitely try this mix...esp if u only let it sit for 15 min!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down