CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reassurance

2 posters

Go down

reassurance Empty reassurance

Post by youngscaredcut 12th May 2010, 4:23 pm

I'm not to sure how I feel bout my hair at this point.My mother kinda BC'd me yesterday.. I'm glad it is gone I feel better but not great. I have two textures 4b in the front hairline and 4a in the back. I'm 15 in high school and not quite sure how it will be received at school. They say that if you like it no one else matters. but thats just it I kinda do kinda don't like it. Maybe I'm just overwhelmed. Basically what I'm getting to to is that I really need a big sister or a hair mother if you will.

youngscaredcut

Back to top Go down

reassurance Empty Re: reassurance

Post by Lotusfairie 12th May 2010, 11:35 pm

Hi! I'm not experienced enough to be a big sis, but just wanted to reply to you because I can totally sympathize with you. I was natural almost all of high school and it was hard, hearing the snickers both behind my back and to my face. I think I posted before, but the other kids even had the nerve to tell me that I would be kinda pretty if I just did something with my hair. It's not an easy road to go down, but you gotta own it. Even if you're not feeling it 100% yet, fake the funk until you do. When you exude confidence, you won't be able to believe how fast it catches on. Rock it like you know you are hot and others will start to believe it too.

At the end of the day, your healthy hair and how you feel about it is most important. I didn't have the confidence or even the support to be proud of what I had and who I was back then. If I had it to do all over again....

There's a ton of great people with great advice and great style on this site, so good luck finding a big sis!!! I think there's even other folks around here that are your age, so they can share what they are going through as well. Huggles!!!
Lotusfairie
Lotusfairie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum