CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bible Anyone????

+18
Heart2Worship
KreyolKatt
lena73
Tmochava
honeybaby1124
Intelligentbeauty
TerraD
Konstant Kurli
Naturally Nu*
Jonezy
BajanPrincess82
KiNkYnEsT
crvng4mr
StacyB
snappynappy
CarlsM
tiashaunteé
brittany_smiley
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bible Anyone???? Empty Bible Anyone????

Post by brittany_smiley 11th November 2009, 3:25 pm

I'm a born again christian and I was wondering what does the bible say about natural hair or hair period.

If anyone doesn't mind wat religon r u or r u raising ur children. What about ppl who don't agree with ur religon?????? I'm baptist. U don't have to answer all this stuff I'm just askin out of curiosity. And because at first I wasn't to close to God. (Bad childhood/past) that shattered any faith I had and now that I'm back on track (maybe even better) I'm starting to see the real side of ppl. The ppl in sheep clothes. Sometimes I had to cut some ppl short because they cudnt understand how I felt about my religon and they didn't like that I found something that works for me and isn't convenient enuff for them. (Lol venting)

Sorry I started to vent. Well if u don't want to tlk about all that u can just give me some good verses/chapters ect. To read thank Wink
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r4e80eddd&refi

Back to top Go down

Bible Anyone???? Empty Re: Bible Anyone????

Post by brittany_smiley 11th November 2009, 3:27 pm

Sorry if spelling errors.
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th November 2009, 4:19 pm

ok first, whenever I have questions about what the Bibles says I like to visit: http://www.openbible.info/topics/long_hair

There are so many topics on that website. No opinions, just verses out of the Bible.

Another thing I like to keep in mine is "what God gave me is just fine." As Christians we have to keep from worrying about what other ppl think of us. No person on this earth has a heaven or hell to put us in. And the Bible does tell us not to judge....but yet they do. People like to do was is convenient and easy for them to do. But being a Christian is anything but easy. Jesus was tried, mocked, and crucified so why should our lives be any easier...even when it comes to our hair. However, now when I look in the mirror I like what I see and I thank God for that everyday.

I hope those verses on that site are what you are looking for.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlsM 12th November 2009, 1:24 am

Happy to come across this one... I can talk with, and about GOD for hours upon hours!
The most important verse that I can give you is Matthew 6:31-34. It addresses how you should pray. Seek his kingdom! Once you begin to do that he'll begin to make a way out of no way, and I am a living, walking, breathing testament for that!
One thing that I've always noticed is that GOD will give you what you need in order to witness. Especially when it comes to dealing with people who do not understand, or agree with where you choose to place your faith. Just keep praying on it. I've had conversations where I'm quoting scriptures that I can't even believe I remember. Trust me if you need it, GOD will provide it.

IMO it's important to surround yourself with like-minded people. Especially when it comes to faith. Since at times it can be so easy to fall off it's just good to have someone around you who can, and most importantly, WILL hold you accountable. Feel free to message me girly! I love people who love GOD! I'll be more than happy to speak with you, pray with you, or for you.

If you're interested, there is a book entitled "Prayers" it's distributed by the Christian Word Ministries, and I take it with me wherever I go! I am constantly in prayer from morning to night. Even if it's a quick "Thank You Jesus!" That book is amazing. I have a feeling you will love it. You also may be able to find it at any commercial bookstore.

In the meantime... I love Psalms. Here are a few psalms that I've highlighted:
Psalm 27: 1, 3
Psalm 16:8
Psalm 34:10
Psalm 34:17
Psalm 62:1-2
Psalm 91:14-16

These last two are posted on my board for encouragement. :-)
Proverbs 3:5-6
Isaiah 40:28-31

I hope this helps you

@tiashauntee COOL site! Bookmarking that one! :-)
CarlsM
CarlsM

http://twitter.com/carlsm

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th November 2009, 1:08 pm

Yes! Surrounding yourself with like minded people is a must! And it won't come easy but once it happens, it's amazing. I remember feeling so lonely for a long time because I stopped clubbing, cursing, drinking heavily, and stopped listening to secular music. Spiritually, I felt fantastic but my "friend"ship circle really shrunk to almost nothing.

However, I have surrounded myself with like minded people and now my social calender is beyond packed. And when I go out I truly have fun and no one talks about my hair in a negative way because talking about me is talking about my Father's creation...
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 12th November 2009, 3:34 pm

I dont consider myself Christian( personal reasons.long story....) but i dont think the Bible would have anything against going natural and embracing natural hair.
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyB 12th November 2009, 11:21 pm

My issue is I struggled to stay on track. I'm not sure how to identify myself but I believe in God without a doubt in my mind, I was born and raised Baptist, and I attend church when I can. I guess you can say I am trying to strengthen my relationship with God and keep it there. It seems like I go thru spurts where I am reading the bible, reading anything christian related (spiritual books, self help books, christian fiction etc) but then I get caught up in something else in my life and I don't read as much or attend church. With my schedule I have now if I don't attend church on Sunday I can at least attend bible study on Wednesday or something but yet I don't. But one thing I can say is I pray all the time and I do thank God for everything he blesses me with (ex. I find a dollar in my pants pocket "Thank you God") But I just need to strengthen my relationship.
StacyB
StacyB

http://naturalbloggingsofayoungsocialworker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 13th November 2009, 12:11 am

I and my children are Roman Catholics. We go to church and do everything "good catholics do" e.i. lent. I however am very spiritual and really don't give too much credit to man's organized religion.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany_smiley 13th November 2009, 12:37 am

Thank you everyone. Oh one or rather ae more things. I was watching a service on tv last night and it was super great but I found out at the end that it was catholic...... They are christians too so can I watch it. Is it ok as long as it a type of christianity. (Jewish baptist catholic etc cuz I can't remember anyothers) and my second I forgot. Lol
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 13th November 2009, 12:51 am

Of course Brittany! Catholics are Christians too. I generally like to experience all religions and you'd be surprised how many are actually the same when it comes to the bottom line.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by KiNkYnEsT 13th November 2009, 1:02 am

When I was around 9 or so my family joined the Seventh Day Adventist church. After that I have been doing my best to live the Adventist lifestyle. I too have at times fallen prey to peer pressure and doing wrong. The closer I found myself growing in my relationship with God the more I wanted to spend time with Him by attending church services and fellowshipping with others who shared my same ideals. I have a group of friends at church that I spend pretty much every weekend with. Its really nice to have a strong support system and people that will call you on things and will help you when your weak.

I was excited when I saw the title of this thread and just had to pop in. Some of my friends in college thought I was weird because I went to church on Saturday and didn't like to go to parties. It used to bother me but now I realize they weren't really my friends if they could not understand what a major role my religion played in my life.

Ok I'm done don't want to hijack the thread lol. I have been reading the book of Proverbs and that is a really inspiring book and it makes think about who I want to be and how I can get there.
KiNkYnEsT
KiNkYnEsT

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th November 2009, 11:04 am

KiNkYnEsT wrote: Some of my friends in college thought I was weird because I went to church on Saturday and didn't like to go to parties. It used to bother me but now I realize they weren't really my friends if they could not understand what a major role my religion played in my life.

A lot of my so called friends (real friends wouldn't treat me differently) think I'm weird now because I stopped partying and love going to church functions. They don't understand that it is possible to have fun and enjoy fellowship with other Christians. Rolling Eyes
I just keep it moving and continue to invite them to everything I attend.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 13th November 2009, 12:23 pm

I am a Christian and I love the Lord. I go to a non-denominational church and I love the various people that God has brought into my life through my re-connection with Him.

People say I'm "religious", wonder how I can live w/out smoking, drinking, clubbing, and think I go to church too much (Sundays and Wednesdays). That is foolishness to me. I love my life and I feel that now I'm living better than I ever was!

When thinking about "religion" I like to keep this in mind - Its not about a religion, its about a relationship with God. As long as I keep God at the forefront and live in a way that is pleasing to Him, its all good.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 13th November 2009, 3:22 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:
When thinking about "religion" I like to keep this in mind - Its not about a religion, its about a relationship with God.

Exactly.

What some folks don't understand is that the Pastor, Church, and their Praying Grandma can't save you. They are just there to aide in your growth, understanding, and focus.

You have to know who He is for yourself & live your life accordingly to what you have studied.
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th November 2009, 3:24 pm

Jonezy wrote:
BajanPrincess82 wrote:
When thinking about "religion" I like to keep this in mind - Its not about a religion, its about a relationship with God.

Exactly.

What some folks don't understand is that the Pastor, Church, and their Praying Grandma can't save you. They are just there to aide in your growth, understanding, and focus.

You have to know who He is for yourself & live your life accordingly to what you have studied.

Amen!!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 16th November 2009, 6:17 am

Absolutely - I love this!

We need to start focusing more on the word of God and it's instrusctions on how to live, not our friends', family, or even CHURCH (cuz they're messes up too). I completely agree with everything you've said tiashauntee. The relationship is the key. It should be your most valuable, and it costs a lot..but it's soooo worth it.

I go to a non-denominational church (and am in love-i must say, the anointing is very different), but I grew up in a baptist church with many religious spirits (that's another topic) and 'rules and regualtions' that aren't necessarily in the word of God. This is not to say baptist church's are bad - i love the house of the Lord and being in his presence, and he is certainly there. I just personally receive more from non-denominational...and i appreciate the diversity.

The great part about getting to know God and his word, is that the more you get to know Him, the more you KNOW Him!..and child, can't nobody tell you nothin! - not no 'church folk', friend or foe.

Any of you reading any christian- inspirational books?..I love em' and would love some recommendations!

BE BLESSED!
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 16th November 2009, 6:20 am

& @ brittany_pooh : Vent away girl! That's what we're here for Smile
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by Konstant Kurli 17th November 2009, 5:06 pm

Amen Naturally Nu*! I totally agree. My situation is quite similar to yours and I couldn't have communicated my experience any better than that! It's all about your relationship with Him! Nothing else matters.

I do believe in order and adhering to the Word of God. But, people sometimes allow their beliefs and traditions to cloud the plan of God...and even hinder another's spiritual growth. I think that everyone should be a part of a local assembly, as it serves as a means of learning more about the Word and the way of the Lord at a higher level than one can gain on their own. But, you have to make sure that the church is a good fit. Denominations don't matter. It's all about Him...

Konstant Kurli

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th November 2009, 5:12 pm

Konstant Kurli wrote:you have to make sure that the church is a good fit. Denominations don't matter. It's all about Him...

If only more people realized that your statement is the truth!! Too many folks like one "church" person or one church turn them away from God. Those individuals will have to answer for their mistakes but we must remember that we are responsible for our own actions. That Pastor, Usher, Choir member, etc don't have a Hell to put you in......I'm bout to get started up in here!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Konstant Kurli 17th November 2009, 5:20 pm

I feel you tiashauntee! If I'd let those people have their way, I would have left my church and missed what God had for me. But, I knew I was in a place where my spirit was being fed and I was in need of spiritual nourishment...Shoot, I still am! But, once I turned my focus, no one could touch me. Besides, those naysayers are usually small in number and they usually see something in you that they either envy or see as a threat for whatever reason. I don't know about anyone else. But, those types of people only make me stronger!

Konstant Kurli

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th November 2009, 5:31 pm

They definitely had made me stronger!! We shouldn't be shocked to come across those type of individuals in church or at fellowship, the Devil knows where to find us and if he can stop us from fellowshipping with one another-he's winning the battle.

The best thing we can do is pray for folks.

Konstant Kurli, I am going to pray that God keeps lifting you up! You have truly motivated me today.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyB 17th November 2009, 10:58 pm

Wow, ladies this is beautiful....
But like many of you said it is all about your relationship with God so I am not going to repeat anything but this is so beautiful.
StacyB
StacyB

http://naturalbloggingsofayoungsocialworker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th November 2009, 7:23 pm

I had to share this one! cheers

tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 18th November 2009, 8:15 pm

Thanks for sharing tiashauntee. That was beautiful!
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 22nd November 2009, 10:13 pm

I definitely agree with you both NaturallyNu and Tiashauntee!

I too had to understand that the people around me had a huge affect on me. I was always the person that went to the party and sat in the corner the entire time, because I felt obligated if my friends invited me!
I am now completely comfortable in myself and my love for God. It has caused me to weed out friends, boyfriends and even keep family at a distance. But I am now truly happy!

This thread was a blessing to me, and will continue to be a blessing for all of those that stop by and read and/or respond!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum