CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappointed

+5
BrownSkinDiva
Erica5417
HappyCurly
kinksncurls
sdlovette
9 posters

Go down

Disappointed Empty Disappointed

Post by sdlovette 4th May 2010, 10:08 pm

Hello Ladies!

I recently BC'd on 4-16-2010! I have abt four + inches of new growth but my hair grows out instead of DOWN! I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you realize how long it's gonna take me to look like I actually have hair. I'm paranoid. I love my natural hair but I hate that it grows out. Does anybody have this experience? Has anyone's hair began growing out but is now "hanging"? Please help I'm starring in the face of a texturizer....
sdlovette
sdlovette

Back to top Go down

Disappointed Empty Re: Disappointed

Post by kinksncurls 4th May 2010, 10:25 pm

Don't do it! lol. Just give it time. Our hair naturally grows out instead of down. Maybe as it gets longer it will hang, but that's just part of natural hair. It does get easier to take care of, and you'll find styles that you like if you try different things. Part of the natural journey is about acceptance, and you're going to have to accept what your hair does and doesn't do.
I big chopped two months ago, and I've found that braids and twists get my hair to "hang". When I wear an afro it doesn't but that's just the way our hair grows. Also with shrinkage, our hair can look alot shorter than it really is. The week after I big chopped I was not sure about my hair either but decided to give my hair a year before I made any decisions to chemically alter it, and now two months later, I love my hair. So just hang in there, you'll have to do different styles, and learn to like the shorter look, but its worth it.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 4th May 2010, 10:29 pm

Step away from the texturizer! Use that thing, and you can say good bye to dry hair!

At least , now, you can have dry curly hair, even if it sticks out. Wet hair can make you have a cold too often!

It will be just fine. You can make it with the natural hair!!!

Congratulations on BC!!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 4th May 2010, 10:31 pm

Mine grows out. I like it that way. It hangs when wet and as soon as it dries it goes right back to its natural position. Didn't take me long to look like I had hair.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 5th May 2010, 9:34 am

please dont TEXTURIZE!!!
It is natural for coily hair to grow outward instead of down, its because of the texture and pattern of growth....learn to love your hair...usually the heavier the hair is it hangs so just give it some time...what I think you should do is play around with doing braid outs and twist outs, with 4 inches you should be able to try that...also try some wash n go styles...definitely check out youtube for the great natural hair community on there also!! if you need more support you have all of us on curlynikki and im here for ya too Smile hit me up on PM or all other avenues in my siggy

HTH
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 5th May 2010, 10:24 am

That is natural afro hair.. you now have a TWA (well not soo teeny). If that's your current hair in your avi, you look nice! I think it's just that maybe you were expecting a different result after you chopped. Remember that your hair is unique and beautiful just the way it is. A texturizer will not make things better. You will have to get touch ups, might suffer breakage, etc.. it's not worth it.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th May 2010, 10:57 am

*pullin you away from the chemicals* Don't do it..everyone has given you encouragement...
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 5th May 2010, 11:07 am

It will hang! You just have to give it some time. I had the same concern when I first BC'd and started wearing my hair in styles that encouraged hangtime...twists... There are plenty of style ideas on this board, youtube, fotki. look around, get some inspiration and get to twisting.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Disappointed Empty GIVE IT TIME, You will Love it soon enough!!!

Post by Kinky Hair 5th May 2010, 9:58 pm

Dont texturize ....you have to love your stages and learn to enjoy each stage. You can try coils aka comb twist for a two week low maintenance style

Kinky Hair

http://www.locsbyalisha.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down