CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOMEOWNERS

+3
goombagirl
crvng4mr
Peachtree
7 posters

Go down

HOMEOWNERS Empty HOMEOWNERS

Post by Peachtree 4th May 2010, 4:13 pm

I'm creating plans to remodel my kitchen. Pretty excited and nervous about it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyone else working on home projects?
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

HOMEOWNERS Empty Re: HOMEOWNERS

Post by crvng4mr 4th May 2010, 11:22 pm

I have been doing my bedroom, finally! It's not nearly as big a project as a kitchen but my house is only 5 years old. Due to a flood of the whole house last year I got the wood floors I originally wanted and the carpet is gone. I also am not good hands on. I'm great at hiring though. ISo far the crown moulding, venetian plaster and walls/ceiling painted. I did make my own tufted headboard and am now completing 2 roman shades for 2 windows.

I still have to hang(attach) material to 2 walls and customize both closets. Then all that's left is to furnish! Then it's on to the next one........
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 5th May 2010, 4:18 pm

I've been painting every room in my house. You wouldn't believe what a fresh coat of paint can do. I've also been refurnishing. and decorating. Some of my favorite stores are Ikea, Pier One, Burlington Coat Factory, Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I also love catching sales at Home Depot and Lowe's. I redid my whole bathroom with cabinets, lighting, and towel racks on clearance. Woot!
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 8th May 2010, 3:49 pm

@goombagirl: I just started thinking about the same project! I want to paint one wall in each room of my house. I'm planning on starting this summer...ready to make a trip to Lowe's!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 8th May 2010, 4:20 pm

I've been planning to paint my bedroom and 3rd (extra) bedroom, but I haven't yet. Painting is so tedius!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 8th May 2010, 4:27 pm

Oh I forgot, I'm also re-doing my bedroom. Nothing major, just new window treatments, new wall portraits, new bedding (skirt, shams, linen, etc). Now all I have to do is buy a wall bracket to hang my flat screen and I'm done. I would like to paint the walls, but that's too much of a job [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 10th May 2010, 12:01 pm

I was lucky. I "hired" my twin brothers for a bottle of Grey Goose and 2 pizzas. I wonder if they know anything about landscaping....
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 10th May 2010, 2:42 pm

My 12 year old daughter got a room makeover for her birthday. We painted the walls, replaced the curtains, purchased a sofa chair from ikea. A shelf was added to the wall, which she uses as a vanity. We also built her a loft style bed, with plenty of room underneath for storage. Her room is very small and having the 20" under her bed cleared up alot of the clutter.

A new front door and sidelite was ordered yesterday. After that, we will be painting the outside of the house. Hopefully before it gets cold. Then we can focus on the baths and kitchen.

Did I mention the need for new furniture and my desire for an electric fireplace in the living room?

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 14th May 2010, 2:36 am

I have so much to do in my house. I have to paint, I still need furniture in my Formal Dining, and my bedroom (I have a bed and frame I do not want my husband to pic the furniture on his own for our room), and my main project is a deck for my backyard. I want a outside kitchen and jacuzzi. I am trying to find a contractor for that in the Houston area.

As for the paint I have to find paint for my living room, dining, master, and the kids rooms (3), game room, and breakfast areas. I want each room a different color and feel. I do know for my 6 year old I want to use that chalkboard paint so that he can use chalk and write on the walls and it will come off with an eraser.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 22nd May 2010, 9:57 pm

I am planning to do my master bedroom and master bath. The bathroom will require the most work since I'll be taking down mirrors, replacing drywall, and installing a new vanity. I'm going to hire someone for the tile work and painting.

In the bedroom I just plan to paint, add some accessories and new bedding. Just freshen it up a little.

The home projects never stop. There is always something to do.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum