CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry Stying

3 posters

Go down

Dry Stying Empty Dry Stying

Post by aprilj90 4th May 2010, 2:43 pm

So I've been transitioning for almost 5 months [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I know for a fact I am no where near the mentality for the BC. I've been depending on twist outs and roller sets to style my hair but I do them on damp hair and let them air dry which takes a good amount of time. My question to you guys is what do you all do when you don't feel like getting your hair wet to style it or you don't have the time to let it air dry? Are there specific styles you resort to that work better on dry hair? If my hair is dry its in a pony tail [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I need to find something else to do with it.
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Dry Stying Empty Re: Dry Stying

Post by Muz 4th May 2010, 3:04 pm

Honestly, I don't really style my hair when it's dry unless you count unraveling twists/bantu-knots. My advice, since you don't like the wait time, is to do it when your hair is about 90% dry right before bed, then when you wake up it will be dry and set. Or if your hair is already dry just use a spray bottle of water and spray each section once or twist before you knot or twist it. The styles you are talking about could/should last about a week and if you're like me, by the time it looks like crap, it's time to wash your hair anyway Smile

HTH
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 4th May 2010, 3:57 pm

My hair has never lasted more than a day lol I don't know how in the WORLD people get 2nd day hair. haha another lesson I gotta learn
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 4th May 2010, 4:11 pm

Well I've never done a rollerset on transitioning hair, but with bantu-knot outs if you do them really small it will last you a week and all you have to do is sleep in a satin bonnet. When you get up fluff and go. LOL twist outs are a little trickier, sometimes you have to put them in huge loose twists. I think for her twist n curl Nikki said she puts her hair in a high ponytail to sleep. It also depends on how you're styling. Like if I let the knots or twists dry from completely wet hair, it will last longer than if I just do it on dry/sprayed hair. Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 4th May 2010, 10:15 pm

One time , when I had a braid out that I didn't like anymore, I braided the hair again, in plaits. (The first time was corn rows.)

Then after I braided it, I watered my scalp. I just put water all over the scalp and a little on the braids. I didn't put enough to soak it, so it was dry again by morning. But I put enough to 're-set' it I guess. Doesn't always work; I tried it with corn rows, and they didn't want to cooperate. But I'm hoping it will work tonight, since this braid out needs help! I might be with some bobby pins tomorrow.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum