CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed from big sister.

2 posters

Go down

Help needed from big sister. Empty Help needed from big sister.

Post by nativetia 3rd May 2010, 7:48 pm

So Ive noticed that although my hair is growing and I'm maintaining length I still have problems with dry scalp, drying hair, and most recently Ive noticed my hair looks gagged. Im not able to smooth it as I was once able too. From what Ive read on line my cuticles may be lifted causing my hair to dry out and look frizzy. My hair is wavy, some parts are curly, I think i am around 3b, 3c, 4a range.

nativetia

Back to top Go down

Help needed from big sister. Empty Re: Help needed from big sister.

Post by jessimae 4th May 2010, 12:48 am

hi i am almost a year natural now (bc 6/15/09) and am also in college Smile. my first thought was do you drink enough water? i know what college life is like ad its hard to remember stuff like that. i struggle with it all of the time but if you take 2 weeks (sometime after finals of course) to try your best to drink 8 glasses a day. (i recommend picking up a 32 oz jug and refilling it 2x) you body will get used to it and you will start to feel yourself getting dehydrated whenever you dont drink enough so you will know. Also deep conditioning/hot oil treatments can be a quick fix. hth!
jessimae
jessimae

https://www.youtube.com/user/jesssimae

Back to top Go down

Post by nativetia 7th May 2010, 12:02 pm

I think you hit it right on the head. Ive been talking about not drinking enough water but never made the connection to my hair. I realized the only time I drink water is when I eat which is two times a day. That cant be good for me.
Thanks

nativetia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down