CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think i'm too old for this?

+4
KinkyNappyHappy
MicaiahTy
ChrsLvsBks
Ashima
8 posters

Go down

Do you think i'm too old for this? Empty Do you think i'm too old for this?

Post by Ashima 2nd May 2010, 9:17 pm

Hi Ladies,
I had my last relaxer in March of 2010 with no intention of it being my last. After noticing my edges were not growing back after 3 years but getting thinner I knew I had to do something. I do not know how I found curlynikki.com. God must have directed me to save my hair and vanity. Anyway after reading all the posts and seeing all the beautiful naturals on this website I got inspired. I found beauty for the first time in natural textured hair. I made my choice to stop being a slave to the creamy white crack. I am on a mission to go natural. My only qualm is that I am not in my teens or twenties. Infact I am in my late thirties. Yes, I look a lot younger. You know "black don't crack". I want that big fro. I guess I just wonder if I am too old to go "funky". Help ladies. I need your support and honest opinions.

Ashima [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ashima

Back to top Go down

Do you think i'm too old for this? Empty Re: Do you think i'm too old for this?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd May 2010, 12:23 am

No, go for it! Check out the styles in the 35 and Older forum in Stylin' and Profilin'. I, too, used to wonder if certain styles were acceptable. The key is to have confidence in whatever style you wear. I am also in my late 30s, 38 and loving life.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MicaiahTy 5th May 2010, 5:20 pm

I say go for it.. im 40 and fabulous.. and will forever have big hair!!

The first thing i told myself is this is a young folks hair style, but my mom who is 61 and fabulous has been natural longer than me.

Who figure.

My goal is for my hair to slap folks as i walk by... so come on over, you have a happy family waiting if you need help.

Big Hair for-ever!!

Ty
MicaiahTy
MicaiahTy

https://www.youtube.com/micaiahty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th May 2010, 5:38 pm

Girl heathly hair has no age!! I'm 48 and will be 49 in June!!! I'm trying to convince my mom to go natural as well. (she's 74)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] @MicaiahTy's goal for her hair to slap folks as she walks by!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashima 5th May 2010, 10:28 pm

I Love you guys!!! Reading all your responses to my post and seeing how beautiful you all are I am totally inspired! Thank you so much!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ashima

Back to top Go down

Post by lmw1950red 7th June 2010, 11:04 pm

I say go for it....I'm in my late thirties and I plan to rock a BIG FRO. I've been in transition since April 2010. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lmw1950red
lmw1950red

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 7th June 2010, 11:44 pm

I agree with everyone. Age is just a number. I am almost 50; it is never too late to rock a new do. You can be natural and fabulous at any age.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashima 8th June 2010, 1:51 pm

Again thank so much Women. Your words have made me say screw it and go for it! Next week will be 3mos since my last relaxer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I have no desire of turning back to the creamy crack! Seeing all your faces and seeing my own it is a fact that "black don't crack".

Ashima

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th June 2010, 5:48 pm

35, and I currently have a TWA, but by the time i am 40. baby i want my fro to be out of this world! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by bajangyrl 28th October 2010, 6:42 pm

Hi All!
I"m also in my late 30"s and have been natural almost 3 years. I just want to say ALL of you Ladies look wonderful!! and I am happy to see that I am not the only one that's 30 years young going natural!! Any advise from you Ladies would be wonderful. I am also very new to this site but have been reading the post for a while and have learned quite a bit. Hope to hear from you all soon.... Very Happy

bajangyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum