CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New & need help

4 posters

Go down

New & need help Empty New & need help

Post by Franny518 27th April 2010, 4:25 pm

Hi. I'm Frances and new to transitioning. Me and my sis Frantasia are both doing it but she started 6 months before me. I'm kinda confused and really don't knowwhat to do especially since I have my sweet 16 coming up & have no clue what to do with my hair . At all. So helppp Sad

Franny518

Back to top Go down

New & need help Empty Re: New & need help

Post by Curly_Star_19 27th April 2010, 8:10 pm

I'm new to transitioning myself and you just have to take everyday as it comes. Last week I was in love with my hair...the past 2 days, not so much. Don't give up on your hair and just realize that going natural means taking time to really get to know your hair and that doesn't often happen overnight. Maybe for your sweet 16 you should try getting a straw set or rod set. They make your hair super curly and you could fluff it out so you could big hollywood hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Good luck with your journey.
Curly_Star_19
Curly_Star_19

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 28th April 2010, 1:41 am

The beginning stages of transitioning can be hard. It might be helpful for you to get a weave or single braids so you don't have to worry about dealing with your real hair for a while.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Franny518 28th April 2010, 2:27 am

Thankss. I really apperciate this. Smile

Franny518

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 4th May 2010, 12:55 pm

Great advice ladies. You may want to consider a protective style such as braids, kinky twists or even a weave to ease your transition and to also have more time to educate yourself about natural hair. Having your hair in a protective style will not only take away stress from your hair but the best part is you don't have to figure out how to style your hair for the day. Whatever you choose, keep your hair well moisturized with cowashing, deep treatments/conditioners, moisturizers and sealing. Remember to always handle your strands with care and no combing dry hair. HTH. You've came to one of the best places for knowledge.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum