CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it just me?

+2
Free2Be
Just Me
6 posters

Go down

Is it just me? Empty Is it just me?

Post by Just Me 26th April 2010, 10:37 pm

Ok Ladies,

I am going thru the pics and tutorials and everyone; with practice and trail and error, have done their hair styles very beautifully.

I don't feel like I have enough kink in my hair. I have 3b type hair. My curls are often flat or frizzy without the right products.

So in saying that, I have tried twists-outs and have the most horrible results every because my curls are flat and limp and I am not able to get that chunky effect that I soooo crave. I want that BIGGG UMPFFF!! lol and maybe, just maybe I am doing something wrong or using too much product or whatever.

I cannot use too much oil, because my hair stays oily, it just makes my hair oiler....So if I put too much extra oil on my hair, I am usually washing it daily! Though I love washing my hair, I go through so much product when I know there has to be a better way. Not saying that I dont need oil, but I just need to coat it. My hair is usually less oily in the winter, but in the summer or hot weather, its oily and gross and daily washing is necessary.

So, any help with getting a chunky twist with limp, flat curly hair? or maybe it just was never meant to be?

Any help would be highly appreciated. I am going to try some twist tonight.
Just Me
Just Me

Back to top Go down

Is it just me? Empty Re: Is it just me?

Post by Free2Be 27th April 2010, 12:15 am

I've got 3b/3c hair as well and I've given up on twists for the time being. Same disastrous results. I'm wondering if I wasn't using a good holding product, i.e. gel or pomade, etc. I used Qhemet Biologics Honeybush Tea Soft Gel last night to do finger coils and got much better results. I may try twists again over a weekend and see how they hold up.

Good luck!
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Me 27th April 2010, 12:18 am

thanks..maybe I need to make my own coconut oil flaxseed hair gel and use that as a hold---I forgot about that!!
Just Me
Just Me

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 27th April 2010, 12:09 pm

I have loose waves in the front of my hair and I have to use a product that will add texture in order to get hold. So I use a leave in/style cream. I'm currently using creme of nature Style n Fortify. and also Herbal Infusions carrot treatment(love love love). I did a swap for cantu leave in so that will be my next staple hopefully. But if you have loose curls or fine hair I find that I must add texture in order for a twist or braid set to work. U might want to try the Paul Mitchell foaming pomade.
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th April 2010, 2:00 pm

You can try air drying your hair then twisting it up with a mousse or foaming pomade. When I air dry, I usually put my hair in a bun for a couple of days. This way my hair is moisturized but dries naturally. Then lightly spritz hair with water and twist. This may help.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Me 27th April 2010, 10:08 pm

Yeah as I was walking to work today after my twist outs sucked yet again, I realized that I may just need to let my hair dry first and then do twist outs.

My hair doesn't dry overnight while I am sleeping, when I wake up, its always still damp and doesn't hold any pattern of a twist.
Just Me
Just Me

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 28th April 2010, 11:19 am

JustMe, do you have any layers in your hair? I find that a few layers around the front will help with giving more volume and body. I just got my limp hair trimmed around the front where I have no volumen when it's longer. I have sort of angled bangs.. will post a pic when I get a chance.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Me 29th April 2010, 7:33 pm

I do have layers in my hair, that I am adamantly trying to grow out, but they do give me a little bounce when my hair is curly, its not so limp..i find that using the right products help bring out those layers----
Just Me
Just Me

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Felice 2nd May 2010, 1:51 am

I have 3b/3c hair and twist look awful on me. lol . I even posted a thread on it somewhere here. I've just accepted my hair doesn't like it....for now.
A-Felice
A-Felice

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Me 2nd May 2010, 5:00 pm

Yeah, my hair does not like twist outs! My hair does however like braid outs
So I tried braid outs and it was a beautiful alternative to wearning my hair curly...i just had big waves....but because my hair does not dry over night, I mist dry my hair prior to creating a braid out.

So the other day, I braid my hair into 4 big braids and put the sponge curls on the end of the braids and took them down the following day..My hair lasted for 2 days! I have never had a hair style last longer than 1 day--so I have declared this as a safe way to keep my hair healthy and mended at night with beautiful results the following morning!!
Just Me
Just Me

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd May 2010, 12:52 am

Just Me wrote:Yeah, my hair does not like twist outs! My hair does however like braid outs
So I tried braid outs and it was a beautiful alternative to wearning my hair curly...i just had big waves....but because my hair does not dry over night, I mist dry my hair prior to creating a braid out.

So the other day, I braid my hair into 4 big braids and put the sponge curls on the end of the braids and took them down the following day..My hair lasted for 2 days! I have never had a hair style last longer than 1 day--so I have declared this as a safe way to keep my hair healthy and mended at night with beautiful results the following morning!!
I am glad you found something that works for you! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I would love to see pictures.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum