CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11 Months Post Relaxer

+20
Spiritualsearch
Miss_Moni
mahoganytresses
CurlyGirly9
tatertotz
yacoomba
dyamonds10
TiffNotANY
I Luv Grease!
Ladybug83
molove87
Natural423
NFW_THA_QUEEN13
SherylsTresses
Gado-Gado Gal
DivinelyDesigned
mrsmackey
TheRYL1
Muz
*CurlyNikki*
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

11 Months Post Relaxer Empty 11 Months Post Relaxer

Post by *CurlyNikki* 23rd April 2010, 2:24 pm

Post pics and tales of your hair 11 months post!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

11 Months Post Relaxer Empty Re: 11 Months Post Relaxer

Post by Muz 25th April 2010, 2:17 pm

Okay, well when I hit 11 months post (like two days ago, LOL) I had joined the twist challenge, so here's my hair:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here it is today:

Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 3rd May 2010, 10:11 pm

Now I KNOW I'm not the only 11 monther around here[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Where the heck is everyone?

Anywhoo, I'm currently counting down to BC, the two textures aren't HARD to deal with, I'm just anxious to see my fro. On the other side sometimes I'm not sure if I'm going to be ready to cut in 20 days, my hair hasn't been short short since Middle school when I had it cut in a Nia Long (Fresh Prince version) length. . . I think I have about 5 inches all around (maybe a little more in the middle and a little less in the very front). I'm tired of guessing how long my hair has grown. . . Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 9th May 2010, 2:34 am

Hey Muz...I'm an 11-monther, plus a few days! I can't really remember when I did the last relaxer...I'm thinking the last of May...close enough!

I can so relate to being anxious. Last month, I cut the rest of my relaxed ends off...I couldn't take it anymore! I had wrist surgery, so I braided my hair. In braids, the straight ends were KILLING me, so I kept cutting until I thought they were gone. So...I call myself 3-weeks natural! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It has been hard because I had a spot right in the middle of my head that was G-O-N-E...about 1 inch long as of last June. That spot hendered my ability to style. But, I didn't want to cut all my hair off...so I made it through with ponytails.

It's growing in pretty good...and I'm so happy! Now I can try some additional styles.

Keep me posted on your BC...I can't wait to see it...I know it'll look good! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 10th May 2010, 12:15 pm

I think I'm about ready after today's washing session, the natural hair is taking over and the permed ends are not winning ANY battles. LOL. I was sitting next to my Grandma at church yesterday (her hair is natural, I don't think she ever used any product in her hair for as long as I can remember, but she keeps it short) staring at her curls like the whole time trying to figure out if mine will look like her's (I hope they do) LOL, I think I'm going to go hunt down some baby pics and see what I can ascertain from those. i feel like it's around Christmastime when I was a child and was trying to hunt down presents around the house when it comes to figuring out what my curls will look like Laughing
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 11th May 2010, 2:34 am

That's a trip, huh? To be so curious about what your own hair looks like!

My hair was braided and I just kept cutting the ends, so I was scared too, come time to take the braids down. I didn't know what to expect...it'd been since forever that I'd seen my natural texture!

Right now, we are getting to know each other! LOL I've learned it really looks thicker than it is...and it is not as course either. I will truly have to work for my chunky twists to stand-up! It's always something, right?
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 22nd May 2010, 3:56 pm

muz!!!! did you BC yet??! i sooooooooooooo wanna see!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 23rd May 2010, 4:02 pm

LOL. I have now, but at the time you posted yesterday I was at a baby shower Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by DivinelyDesigned 7th June 2010, 12:31 pm

I have been miscalculating my last relaxer this entire time. My last relaxer was July 2, but I didnt decide to transition until Aug 15. For some strange reason, I have been thinking my last relaxer was the latter date. Anywho.... that makes me 11 months post relaxer and I will be 1 year post next month.

This transition has been a breeze so far. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DivinelyDesigned
DivinelyDesigned

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 18th June 2010, 12:16 am

@DivinelyDesigned - your new growth is gorgeous! What's your routine? I lived in San Diego for two years and had a tough time with the water...
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by SherylsTresses 2nd July 2010, 12:14 pm

I'm 11 months post as of yesterday...!!!
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 7th July 2010, 9:24 pm

Congratulations SherylsTresses!

In the past month I've had to bump up my moisturization techniques, because 1) I'm still learning that what works best is ever-changing while handling my two-plus textures, and 2) because winter is more intense this year and in general because it is so incredibly dry. I'm now using distilled water and aloe vera gel everyday, but after doing some reading at Natural Haven think that I'm going to add glycerin and try a low percentage mix with water (less than 1 part glycerin to 4 parts water) with some aloe juice in there. I know that humectants are tricky in dry weather, but I've moved to a combing/leave-in conditioner with humectants lower on the ingredient list (cowash Nature's Gate Grapefruit & Wild Ginger, condition with Jason Apricot Shine, leave-in Giovanni Smooth as Silk), and am also going to incorporate coconut oil into prepoo. I think my sealers are good - shea butter and avocado oil.

Since last month I've been doing weekly coconut cream and avocado deep conditioners (blended in the blender). Awesome! I'm going to try adding some coconut oil on the next one and prepoo with coconut oil (based on Natural Haven info too).

Has anything changed for you in the past month?
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by NFW_THA_QUEEN13 23rd July 2010, 12:26 pm

I hit 11 months post this month of July. I have a week left until I'm a full year post relaxer.
NFW_THA_QUEEN13
NFW_THA_QUEEN13

Back to top Go down

Post by NFW_THA_QUEEN13 28th July 2010, 10:56 pm

I have only 4 more days until I'm fully a year post relaxer! WHOO HOOOOOOOO! I'm so excited and proud of myself. In the beginning of the process I didn't know that I was going to transition. After my last relaxer in like October, the time when I was supposed to get another relaxer, I just decided I didn't want to get a relaxer anymore. My hair was thinning and had gotten shorter and shorter. So not knowing what protective styles were at the time, I began putting them in those styles ALL THE TIME so I wouldn't have to straighten my hair or put heat on it. I also used DooGro Products which were referred by my grandma. By December I noticed thickness in my hair! So then I became anxious to see my once curly hair again. So I will be BCing VERY SOON because I don't have many relaxed ends left so I thought I might as well BC but Imma give it some time though.
NFW_THA_QUEEN13
NFW_THA_QUEEN13

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural423 16th August 2010, 10:16 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum...officially an 11-monther (woohoo! lol). This is my second and final time transitioning. In 2005 I transitioned for 7mos before doing the bc. However, due to lack of knowledge in proper hair care and color gone awry, my hair became damaged and broken. Now, after some time mending, multiple haircuts, trims and two texlaxes (my last was September '09), I'm back, ready, willing and committed to love my hair in all its curly, wavy, kinky God-given glory. My hair type is mostly 3c with a little 4a thrown in, but a wavier/looser curl right in the section in front of my right ear - go figure. lol
I am very appreciative for all of the vital information sharing currlynikki and you ladies do. I'm here to learn and assist others along the way as well.
So far everything is going well. However, I've noticed what I consider to be a "lot" of shedding. Has anyone experienced this, this far into transitioning? I know the two textures can be a stressor.
I was thinking maybe adding an egg yolk to my next dc and continuing that twice/month thinking maybe a little more protein will help. So far, I trim every so often myself because I get tired of the various straight ends that "just won't do right". I got a professional trim (1.5in) earlier this month and will continue (1-2in) every 3mos until all the texlax hair is gone (my guestimation is February). I love coconut oil and shea butter, and castor oil is a new great find for me. I co-wash 1-2x/wk with HE hello hydration and use totally twisted as a leave-in. I'm increasing the frequency of my henna routine to every month as well. If you can think of suggestions to help with the shedding please let me know.
Thanks and happy curls!
Natural423
Natural423

Back to top Go down

Post by molove87 8th October 2010, 9:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Bantu Knots out using Shea Moisture smoothie
11 months post relaxer before my "mini chop" lol
molove87
molove87

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug83 8th October 2010, 7:27 pm

Molove, your bantu knot-out is beautiful! I can't wait to take these braids out so I can try out some of these styles.

Ladybug83

Back to top Go down

Post by molove87 9th October 2010, 3:21 am

Thanks Ladybug!! Yea I love how the bantu knots out blends both textures!! I flat ironed my hair, because I hadn't seen my hair straight since July and I was pleased with my results. The curls are deceiving you know with shrinkage and all.. I just figured out how to post pics, so easy lol, so I'll be able to add more. I'm thinking about starting a curl street journal? Post pics once you take your braids out.
molove87
molove87

Back to top Go down

Post by I Luv Grease! 25th October 2010, 11:23 pm

I'm officially 11 months post relaxer! I have pixie braids in so I have no pics to share but my staple style is usually a braidout. Here's a pic I did at close to 10 months post and they usually look like this or with a part. How's everyone else doing?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I Luv Grease!
I Luv Grease!

https://www.youtube.com/daniellef89

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 2nd November 2010, 4:15 pm

Finally 11 months!! Eight more months until my BC... maybe LOL.
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 3rd November 2010, 10:37 pm

11th month....idk when i will bc! somewhere betweetn 18-24 months
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 19th November 2010, 10:32 pm

I'm so excited-I'm 11 months post relaxer beginning tomorrow (yay). ts.
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 27th November 2010, 12:56 pm

saying bye bye to 11 months

Sad

and hello to 12 months/ 1 year

woot!

well in a few weeks lol!

I just might start a thread of this 1 year transition so far....

anyway bye bye 11 afro
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 27th November 2010, 1:23 pm

dyamonds10 wrote:
saying bye bye to 11 months

Sad

and hello to 12 months/ 1 year

woot!

well in a few weeks lol!

I just might start a thread of this 1 year transition so far....

anyway bye bye 11 afro
Aww Shuckey Duckey Now-don't hurt nobody doing your post 1 year dance!
lol!
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 27th November 2010, 4:15 pm

I reached 11 months post on Wednesday (the 24th) woo hoo

For Thanksgiving my aunt insisted that I see her hair dresser who is also natural. Mind you my aunt and cousins swear by this lady to perm and straighten their hair....but they insisted she knew how to do natural hair. I went to her to get my hair straightened at left in tears from all the heat this lady tried to use on my hair. Blow dryer, curling iron, flat iron, hot comb!!!!!! ugh she swore she knew what she was doing but I could telll she didn't when she told me I needed to "heat train" my hair ughh! Mad

now I'm scared to wash my hair and see if i have heat damage No Sad
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next