CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG!!! THIS JUST HAPPENED!

+15
Chef Lucy
ftiffrenee
HAMPTONSFNST
SighSidhe
Intelligentbeauty
natural83
marhia
Peachtree
AdriEm
BlondeByDesire
cassadie3
sweetdrk1
LadyMika
ktoliver5303
summabrown
19 posters

Go down

OMG!!! THIS JUST HAPPENED! Empty OMG!!! THIS JUST HAPPENED!

Post by summabrown 22nd April 2010, 12:01 pm

Hi yall i am trying to compose myself as im typing this may have happene to several of you out there but i was freaked out by it because i am allergic to bees. I did daily hygiene regimen and i co-washed with HEHH and used EVCO to seal my mositure i walk out of the house to go run some errands and a BEE! was literally following me around. On the top of my head i tried running swatting at him everything and he would not leave. Woooh! I guess my hair must smell reeeally good today. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] just wanted to share that. Has this happened to anyone else since going natural and using natural oils and butters and such?
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

OMG!!! THIS JUST HAPPENED! Empty Re: OMG!!! THIS JUST HAPPENED!

Post by ktoliver5303 22nd April 2010, 12:20 pm

ROTFLMAO!! Girl you made me have an outburst. That is too funny, but no I have not had that happened to me thank goodness. But you handled yourself well because I DO NOT DO INSECTS!! AT ALL!! I will come up out my clothes if something is on me.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 22nd April 2010, 1:53 pm

The only insects I have a hard time swatting away are the ones with two legs and a you-know-what. I've been getting hit on A LOT the last month or so! One damn near followed me into my job yesterday! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Which is funny because the day before it was like I didn't even exist!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd April 2010, 5:38 pm

LOL, I would have been a COMPLETE mess!!! I have never been stung and I plan to die that way.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 22nd April 2010, 5:44 pm

LadyMika wrote:The only insects I have a hard time swatting away are the ones with two legs and a you-know-what. I've been getting hit on A LOT the last month or so! One damn near followed me into my job yesterday! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Which is funny because the day before it was like I didn't even exist!

LOL!!!! pesky ones too!
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd April 2010, 6:25 pm

That was funny.

Note to self: don't leave house with hair smelling good = fatal attraction
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 22nd April 2010, 7:03 pm

Lol, sorry that happened to you although when I told my mum I'd used olive oil in my hair she said to be careful with the oils because ants might swarm me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Not sure if she was just making fun but...
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 22nd April 2010, 11:30 pm

Funny but I know it's no laughing matter. I've had my share of bees semi swarming me after adding honey to my moisturizer. Happened yrs ago though...
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 23rd April 2010, 1:58 am

OH lawd lol, i would have had a melt down I don' t like any insect and espcially bees one day i had one in the car with me and I almost crashed lawd but um no so far no insects lol
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 23rd April 2010, 2:15 am

See, I would've been soooooo outta control! Im terrified of bees! Had a bad experience with yellowjackets when I was in the 3rd grade! Got stung 6 times from a swarm of them! (I get horrified thinking about it!) And plus, Im just not an animal, insect, creature type chick! LOL! Everything scares me! Glad you shared your story! Ha! Will have to be bobbin' & weavin' from the bees now...especially after a fresh application of oils and ish in the hair! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 23rd April 2010, 3:26 am

LMBO lol!

I WOULD HAVE BEEN FREAKIN OUT TOO lol!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SighSidhe 23rd April 2010, 4:16 am

(*dies) that's one of my worst nightmares..
i really can't stand bugs/insects at all and will not hesitate to make a fool of myself by running and screaming from a bee/ant/spider/etc..

i remember my aunt telling me about one summer (in the 70s) when she was staying with some of our family in New Orleans.. she was in the living room with some cousins and a huge f'n roach flew out of her fro! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
..i pray nothing like that happens to me cuz i might never recover..

Last edited by SighSidhe on 23rd April 2010, 4:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : remembered relevant anecdote lol)
SighSidhe
SighSidhe

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd April 2010, 6:27 am

SighSidhe wrote:(*dies) that's one of my worst nightmares..
i really can't stand bugs/insects at all and will not hesitate to make a fool of myself by running and screaming from a bee/ant/spider/etc..

i remember my aunt telling me about one summer (in the 70s) when she was staying with some of our family in New Orleans.. she was in the living room with some cousins and a huge f'n roach flew out of her fro! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
..i pray nothing like that happens to me cuz i might never recover..

I WOULD HAVE DIED!! I MEAN DIED!! MY HEART WOULD HAVE STOPPED!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 23rd April 2010, 9:46 am

Ladies, you all made me laugh this morning and thank you for starting my day off that way. I can just imagine you guys running and screaming trying to get away from that bee. I will be sure not to leave the house with honey in my hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 23rd April 2010, 11:54 am

OMG!!! Freaks me out. I was just thinking about this the other day, I had some coconut hair butter in my hair and thought I was going to do some yard work. I too am freaking HORRIFIED of any type of bugs except lady bugs but just dont get too close. Anywho, I'm minding my own business, in my OWN yard, tending to my OWN flowers when Mr bumblebee decides to interrupt my bonding time with my tulips. He flew by me the first time but I swear it was like he pumped his brakes and came right back like he missed a flower or something. I dropped everything and took off running. He followed me too like "woman where you think you going, I want that!!!" LOL..this frightens me!!!
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

http://www.fotki.com/ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 23rd April 2010, 9:21 pm

I had to come back and laugh one more time lol
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef Lucy 23rd April 2010, 11:06 pm

ftiffrenee wrote:OMG!!! Freaks me out. I was just thinking about this the other day, I had some coconut hair butter in my hair and thought I was going to do some yard work. I too am freaking HORRIFIED of any type of bugs except lady bugs but just dont get too close. Anywho, I'm minding my own business, in my OWN yard, tending to my OWN flowers when Mr bumblebee decides to interrupt my bonding time with my tulips. He flew by me the first time but I swear it was like he pumped his brakes and came right back like he missed a flower or something. I dropped everything and took off running. He followed me too like "woman where you think you going, I want that!!!" LOL..this frightens me!!!

LMAO!!!!! The first post was HiLARIOUS.....(however, I am so sry you had to go through that. I am HORRIFIED of bees and insects in general....so had I been in your shoes I probably would have had a full blown panic attack and a stroke) BUT anywho, then I scrolled down and read this comment....BWAHAHAHA!!!!! See what happens when you steady minding your own business in the spring/summer. SMH. The balls on those bees!

This makes me sooo nervous about using all of these natural products in the summer! I LOVE putting a little honey in my deep conditioner, but I think I'm going to put that practice on hold just until these bees hibernate again. LMAO
Chef Lucy
Chef Lucy

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 23rd April 2010, 11:16 pm

lmdao don't be scarrred lol
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 24th April 2010, 11:50 am

Ladies, you have given me a good laugh. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But please be careful. If you run around swatting and stuff you might really get stung. I know because it happened to me when I was younger. My great auntie though had the perfect remedy. Put tobacco on the bee sting and it draws out the stinger and helps with the swelling. Now that I think about it, where did my 70+ auntie get that cigarette from? I don't ever recall seeing her smoke. Anyway, just be careful and ready with your sweet smelling hair potions and bee fighting skills. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 24th April 2010, 12:31 pm

lol!

Ya'll are too funny !
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 24th April 2010, 11:11 pm

LOLOL to the tulip bonding interrupted! I've often wondered that. My favorite thing to seal in moisture is coconut oil, purchased straight from the food store. It doesn't smell like coconut oil; it doesn't have any smell....hope the animals can't smell something that I'm missing!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell_with_the_Curls 26th April 2010, 12:29 am

LOLOLOL!!! I'm in here gasping for breath and trying not to wet myself laughing at y'all! I'm one who enjoys the outdoors but prefers that the stinging insects stay to themselves, thank you! Now that you mention it, I have noticed a few bumbles acting a little too interested in my 'do...don't they have melted ice cream to play in?

Kell_with_the_Curls

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 26th April 2010, 12:35 pm

Kell_with_the_Curls wrote:LOLOLOL!!! I'm in here gasping for breath and trying not to wet myself laughing at y'all! I'm one who enjoys the outdoors but prefers that the stinging insects stay to themselves, thank you! Now that you mention it, I have noticed a few bumbles acting a little too interested in my 'do...don't they have melted ice cream to play in?

I know....LOL...this is a funny one!!!!
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

http://www.fotki.com/ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum