CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Scheduled My BC!!!

+6
sweetdrk1
Delta87
bholmes87
Karameldiva1978
popsbaby
SweeTea2011
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just Scheduled My BC!!! Empty Just Scheduled My BC!!!

Post by SweeTea2011 21st April 2010, 7:35 pm

Hey Ladies!!

I just scheduled my BC for 5/14 right after my last final....YEA!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm so excited. Here's the only thing I'm worried
about....I'm a law student and for my externship this summer I'll be at court every morning....I have no idea how I'm going to wear my
hair. Right now I have about 3inches of new growth but I'm afraid that
I'll have to sacrifice some of my growth due to breakage and uneven
lengths. I'm not sure how short my twa will be but I do know that I
won't be able to spruce it up with all of my girlie stuff like
headbands, flowers, and big earrings while I'm at work. I've thought
about wearing wigs during the week...hair out on the weekend....I'm not a
big fan of this idea though [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks ladies!
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Just Scheduled My BC!!! Empty Re: Just Scheduled My BC!!!

Post by popsbaby 21st April 2010, 8:01 pm

OMG, my BC is also scheduled for 5/14. I am taking the day off from work. I have a 9:30am appointment and then I'm coming home to henna.
In preparation for my TWA, I bought some new earrings, a nice shade of blush and I will be getting my brows done before.
I think that you just have to rock it. Don't worry about headbands and wigs until you get used to your TWA in all it's glory.
How long have you been transitioning?
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 21st April 2010, 8:35 pm

awwww....we can be BC twins [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I've been transitioning since mid Oct. I toyed around with the idea of transitioning for a full yr but I just can't take it anymore. I can't wait to be free of these relaxed ends. I like your idea of getting to know my twa before making a decision to cover her up...guess I was jumping the gun on that one. How long have you been transitioning?
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 21st April 2010, 8:40 pm

I've been transitioning since the end of August. I am soooooo ready to cut this crap off of my head. I basically transitioned with a phony pony so I haven't worn my hair out in a long time.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 21st April 2010, 10:25 pm

Congrats ladies! I wish my hubby was down, so I could be joining you girls. I can't wait to see your pics! I know you'll rock it well!!
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 22nd April 2010, 8:22 pm

@popsb...Can't wait to see your pics! I wanted to transition with kinky twists or something but really couldn't afford it so I just got on youtube and watched as many videos about styling that I could find. I'm to the point now where I just wear my hair back in a pony tail or bun....I love playing with my new growth but every time I get to the relaxed part I catch myself starting to frown...hahaha....that means that it's time for it to go.

@karameld....thank you so much! Be sure to keep us updated on your BC plans.
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 22nd April 2010, 8:28 pm

K-Diva, Thanks so much for the encouragement.

Sweetea, I tried braids in the middle of my transition and did not like them at all. I like to have full access to my hair and scalp at all times. The phony pony is really convenient. I buy a new one every two months or when they start looking ratty. I have actually been wearing a big afro puff pony. Talk about inspiration. I have ordered my henna in preparation for the BC. So my plan is to get chopped, come home and henna and then stare at myself in the mirror for the rest of the weekend.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 22nd April 2010, 8:30 pm

How exciting!!! I think you both will love the beautiful hair that will be left once the relaxer is gone!! And I agree with popsb don't cover it up right away! Get to know your curls and fall in love with them before you decide to wear wigs all week. I think a TWA would be soooo fierce in the court room
afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 22nd April 2010, 8:34 pm

hahaha...sounds like a plan to me. Have you used henna before or will this be your 1st time? I know a lot of ladies on this site use it but I'm not really sure what it is or what it does [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...guess I just found something else to take my time away from studying...lol
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 22nd April 2010, 8:36 pm

@bholms...thanks for the encouraging words! BTW...love your avi...how do you get it to change like that?
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 22nd April 2010, 8:44 pm

Henna is a hair color/conditioner. It's all natural.
Sheck it out:
http://www.mehandi.com/shop/hennahow.pdf
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 23rd April 2010, 4:51 pm

This is great timing. I am getting my BC May 14 my 42nd B-Day is May 12 so I said what better time. I have transitioned with curly weave since October. I have a facial and eyebrow arch scheduled for birthday. I am a little nervous my hubby is very supportive (He hates weave, my 13 year old son....not so much, my 10 year old son kinda Smile. I am planning on getting my hair colored right after the BC, I have a head of black hair except for a grey spot right in the middle, I look like Don King Sad, I never thought about the Henna. What products are you ladies going to try? I am thinking about ordering the Oyin sample pack, any suggestions.
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 24th April 2010, 12:18 am

Congrats on setting the plans in motion for your BC. This board is going to be on fire come May 14th [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I've never tried anything from Oyin. Right now I'm using a couple of products from Qhemet Biologics....Amla/olive heavy cream, and the olive/honey hydrating balm. So far I'm really liking these products...my new growth is noticeably softer. I haven't had a chance to read through the entire article posted by popsbaby, but from what I have read Henna sounds like something that I might want to try a little later down the road.
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th April 2010, 12:33 am

Congrats Ladies! I can't wait to see the pic!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulfulSista 24th April 2010, 12:49 am

Congrats to everyone who has scheduled their for next month. My advice is the same as others. I think you should rock your TWA. I'm sure once you cut it, you will fall in love with it.
SoulfulSista
SoulfulSista

http://www.soulfulsista.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 24th April 2010, 12:11 pm

Thanks Sweet and Soulful! Y'all are rocking it in those avitars!
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 24th April 2010, 1:17 pm

Congrats ladies on your upcoming BC. My BC last month was not planned. It was a spur of the moment decision. I was too impatient to wait. Can't wait to see your pictures! I am excited for each of you.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 24th April 2010, 2:11 pm

Sweet Tea, I have read alot about Qhemet. Where do you buy it?

Soulful Sister your TWA looks great! You are encouraging Smile

Sweetdrk1 I love you hair and the color. What color is that? How did you style your hair?

EmbracingNaturalMe, What products are you using?

I feel better having you guys BC'ing on the same day, It gives me more peace of mind!
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 24th April 2010, 4:02 pm

Delta 87, I am sort of a product junkie. I use a combination of the following products; I am still trying to narrow down my list:

For shampooing, I use Organix Coconut Milk, Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture and Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap. I alternate between the three - I use Organix the most. I usually shampoo once a week.

For conditioners, I use Organix Coconut Milk, Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture, Suave Naturals Coconut, VO5 Moisture Milk Strawberry, Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, VO5 Tea Therapy. I use the cheaper conditoners for cowashing. I usually cowash every other day.

For Leave In's, I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Watered down Suave, HEHH, and VO5 conditoners. I have Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In - I use this every now and then.

For Styling, I use Eco Styler gel, IC Fantasia gel, Long Aid Curl Activator gel, and Aloe Vera gel. I have not decided which gel I like the most. Currently, it is a toss up between ECO and IC.

For deep conditioning, I use ORS replenishing conditioner. I usually DC once a week.

For moisture, I use vegetable glycerin and water mix.

I also use unrefined shea butter, virgin coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil and some essential oils. The essential oils I use: peppermint, rosemary, lemongrass. I have tea tree oil but I have not used it, yet.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 24th April 2010, 4:30 pm

@embracingnaturalme...How long did you transition before your bc? I've tried aloe vera gel in the past...i made the aloe gro mix...well my scalp is definitely not a fan...i was itching like crazy. Have you experienced any itching from the a.v.g?

@delta87....i purchased my products straight from their website...shipping took about a week. I think they're closed for business until May 7th but I would definitely recommend checking out their website and reading reviews of their products.
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 24th April 2010, 5:06 pm

SweetTea - The times that I have used aloe vera gel, my scalp tolerated it fine. I transitioned for 3.5 months.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 26th April 2010, 9:27 am

Embracingnaturalme, Thanks for the list. I am really trying not to be a product junkie, but I have a feeling it is going to be a hard fight Smile. I have promised other than the Oyin products I am going to start with inexpensive brands first. I will definitely try the eco and IC Fantasia gels, which eco gel do you use?

SweaTea2011 We are around the same time in transitioning are you going to do wash n go's for the summer. I have around 3 inches of new growth, so not much I can do.

popsbaby what are you planning for styling?
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by opheiliamath 26th April 2010, 11:25 am

woohoo! Congrats ladies on the upcoming bc! I would suggest headbands and cute clips.
opheiliamath
opheiliamath

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 26th April 2010, 4:43 pm

Delta87, I use the olive eco styler gel. It was the only kind they had at Sally's when I went to buy it.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 27th April 2010, 2:20 pm

@Delta87...I have around 3 inches of new growth also but I think that once I do the BC my twa will probably be a lot shorter due to some major breakage at my crown...the new growth there isn't nearly as long as other areas. So yeah...guess I'll be rocking a wash n go too

@Opheiliamath....thank you!
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum