CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a few words of wisdom!!!

5 posters

Go down

I need a few words of wisdom!!! Empty I need a few words of wisdom!!!

Post by Natural_GlamDoll 14th April 2010, 12:31 pm

]My last relaxer was in November 2009. I am really tired of the weaves and not being able to see my hair. The only problem is...I want to transition for a least a year because I've never had short hair and it's gonna be a big shock finally seeing it.(I cut at least an inch every installation) I'm so stressed because I want my hair to be able to breathe but I'm scared to rock it short! Help please!!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Natural_GlamDoll
Natural_GlamDoll

Back to top Go down

I need a few words of wisdom!!! Empty Re: I need a few words of wisdom!!!

Post by Janet36603 14th April 2010, 12:43 pm

I say go for the transition! I was the same way. Never dreamed that I would want to cut my hair...and now I'm counting down the days till my big chop! You never know where the transition will take you but the best part is that you can choose to chop (or not) whenever you're ready. Get to a year and don't like your length? Keep going! Get to 6 months and can't stand the two textures anymore? Chop it off. It's completely up to you.

You can also look into protective styles such as kinky twists or braids to kind of let your hair do its own thing and rest a while. That way you will still be letting it grow and you won't have to worry about fussing with your hair.

You can do it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural_GlamDoll 14th April 2010, 12:48 pm

Thanks!!! I'll try!
Natural_GlamDoll
Natural_GlamDoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 14th April 2010, 5:44 pm

No problem! Also I know my blog with my "status tickers" (how long since last perm and until BC) have helped keep me motivated a LOT! May not seem like much as you're inching along, but it adds up fast!

Edit...I added my tickers to my signature to keep me motivated even when I'm NOT looking at my blog [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 14th April 2010, 6:13 pm

Well, I've kind of come to peace with having short hair. When I b/c it will be about a year since I had a relaxer. I pull my hair back alot so I thought, what's the difference?

I find that learning about my new growth is a rewarding experience. I've never really liked weaves so i had to deal with these two textures whether I liked it or not. I find that trying new styles is fun, I've never had so much involvement in my hair when I was relaxing. So maybe you will enjoy styling your hair too? Learning what products it likes, and what it doesn't. Smile

Well...that's what gets me through it anyways. Smile Congrats on making this transition.

Last edited by Treece on 14th April 2010, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by bevyboo628 14th April 2010, 11:27 pm

The long transition is possible! I'm almost at a year and a half. I did it by coming online and reading blogs, seeing pics and videos for styling and product ideas. Some days I hated it and wanted to put the creamy crack in and other I jut wanted to chop it off already. Those days I just pulled it into a bun and called it a day. Having all the support online will definitely help you make it through!!
bevyboo628
bevyboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 15th April 2010, 1:09 am

i felt the same way when i was transitioning. i have never even had neck length hair. my hair has always been full shoulder or longer. but you will be surprised because when i chopped, i loved it and decided that rather like short hair on me.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down