CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darcy's Botanicals

+5
NylaCoils
Pinkpearls
TMS
ChrsLvsBks
LaToya28
9 posters

Go down

Darcy's Botanicals Empty Darcy's Botanicals

Post by LaToya28 13th April 2010, 12:43 pm

Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing conditioner [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Use as a cream rinse or rinse-out conditioner to give your curls a wonderful boost of moisture and softness. (the bottle says to leave it on for 15-20 mins)

WHAT'S IN IT?
Distilled Water, BTMS (a mild conditioning emulsifier), Pumpkin Seed Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Japanese Camellia Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Botanical Oil Complex, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Panthenol, Ximenia Oil (Wild Plum) and fragrance.

HOW DO I USE IT?
*Use it as a cream rinse to naturally condition dry curls, locs & waves.
*Use as rinse-out conditioner to add moisture.
*Use to promote healthy hair growth

My thoughts: This conditioner is awesome! As soon as I put it on my hair, it just melted. Love it, love it, love it! The smell is very faint. I was expecting a loud Yankee Candle pumpkin scent, but it's very, very subtle. I got this in a swap, but once it's gone I will be repurchasing.

Sweet Cream Daily leave-in conditioner [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Use as a daily or weekly leave-in to help detangle, moisturize, defrizz, and soften your lovely curls.

WHAT'S IN IT?
Distilled Water with Yarrow, Sage, Nettle & Lavender, Vegetable Glycerin, Avocado, Sunflower, & Sesame Oils, BTMS (a mild conditioning emulsifier), MSM, Guar Silk, a paraben-free preservative, and fragrance.

HOW DO I USE IT?
Apply a generous amount throughout wet or dry hair for healthy conditioning and moisture.
*Use to gently soften and detangle new growth while transitioning to natural hair .
*Use to soften & detangle your coils & curls
*Use it as a daily or weekly leave-in to naturally condition dry curls & waves.
*Use to add much needed moisture to parched curls.
*Use to condition locs, twists & braids.

My thoughts: This is a nice leave-in conditioner. It has a nice sweet, but not overpowering smell. It doesn't "wow" me like the conditioner, but it is very moisturizing. It helps my hair to airdry soft whereas other products leave it kind of crunchy. May/may not repurchase.

Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Our Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme is a luscious blend of all natural oils that will provide healthy conditioning, add sheen, softness & moisture to your naturally curly hair.

WHAT'S IN IT?
Organic Palm Oil, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Madagascar Vanilla, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Candelilla Wax, Organic Castor Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil and Potassium Sorbate.

HOW DO I USE IT?
*Use it as a hair moisturizer to naturally condition dry curls, locs & waves.
*Use as a styling butter for twists, braids, afros, and locs.
*Use to promote healthy hair growth
*Many of our customers also use it as a body butter!!! Works great as a multi-purpose hair & body butter:)

My thoughts: I really like this product. I thought it would be more like a pudding, but it's actually a very smooth cream. It's not at all like the butters I've gotten from other companies. There's no separation of the oil and butters, just a nice smooth cream. It absorbs well into the hair without being greasy. It's also 100% natural and 100% vegan. Definite repurchase!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Darcy's Botanicals Empty Re: Darcy's Botanicals

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th April 2010, 1:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love her products!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 13th April 2010, 3:54 pm

Her products did not work for me. I'm glad that I got the samples.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 13th April 2010, 6:10 pm

I decided to place an order, however, the gift pack sample is out of stock. So, I might wait until the sample is back in stock or order the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme and Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Styling Creme...idk.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 13th April 2010, 6:33 pm

I am going back to this...the only thing that really moisturizes my hair without feeling greasy

This is my best puff using Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 13th April 2010, 6:46 pm

NyLa, your puff looks great...beautiful curls!
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 13th April 2010, 7:01 pm

Thank you Pink Pearls!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 14th April 2010, 3:00 am

I too wanted to get the sample pack. I'm so sad that it's out of stock.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 14th April 2010, 11:14 am

I had to order through her etsy site because a few products I wanted were
out-of-stock on the .com site. However, the sample pack was not available on either site.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 14th April 2010, 11:16 am

TMS wrote:Her products did not work for me. I'm glad that I got the samples.

I usually order samples whenever possible for this very reason. Sorry they didn't work out for you.

Pinkpearls wrote:I decided to place an order, however, the gift pack sample is out of stock. So, I might wait until the sample is back in stock or order the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme and Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Styling Creme...idk.

Cool, let us know how you like it.

NylaCoils wrote:I am going back to this...the only thing that really moisturizes my hair without feeling greasy

This is my best puff using Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream

Wow! Looks beautiful.

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I too wanted to get the sample pack. I'm so sad that it's out of stock.

I was actually looking at that too. I wanted to get the curly coils sample pack. I've heard good stuff about the curling jelly.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 14th April 2010, 11:18 am

Pinkpearls, do you have the link to her etsy site?

FYI ladies, you can also get her products from honeyfig.com and goodhairmart.com.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 14th April 2010, 12:00 pm

@ LaToya28: I found this link http://www.etsy.com/shop/darcysbotanicals

Thanks for the review, I think I'm going to try the sample pack when it comes in. Smile

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 14th April 2010, 2:58 pm

Cool, let us know how you like it.

Ok...I'll let you all know. I ordered the following: NEW Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing Conditioner, Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme and Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme.

[quote="BAMNcurls"]@ LaToya28: I found this link http://www.etsy.com/shop/darcysbotanicals

Sorry I'm a little late...Thanks BAMcurls!
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 14th April 2010, 4:18 pm

Thank you LaToya! I also used the curling gelly! The owner of Darcy's has the best customer service. I got her stuff really quick plus she sent a sample of the curling gelly. I used it and it worked really well.

I need to learn to use what my hair likes and stop jumping on the PJ wagon!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 14th April 2010, 5:47 pm

NylaCoils wrote:I need to learn to use what my hair likes and stop jumping on the PJ wagon!

I'm still new to transitioning and trying to find products my hair likes. However, once I find what works, I'm done!
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by JerseyGyrl 17th April 2010, 12:27 am

I tried the Curling Jelly for a WNG. On it's own, it made my hair very stiff, and frizzy. Maybe I used too much, cause i Shingled it in. Although i loved the fragrance, I was not a happy camper. However, the next morning, i co washed with Aussie Moist, used a dab of the Curling Jelly and a lil bit of African pride moisturizing gel activator and VOILA i had curls and coils that lasted 3 days! Give it a try. It may work for you.
JerseyGyrl
JerseyGyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 23rd April 2010, 7:13 pm

Just received my Darcy's order, and the products smell heavenly. Last night, I tried the Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing Conditioner, Coconut Lemongrass Transition creme and Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme. The products were great and made my hair so soft and moisturized woot! . Although the pumpkin smell is faint, the fragrance gave me a headache. However, I will continue to use and repurchase it. I'm hoping, after continued use, my allergies will become resistant to the pumpkin fragrance.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybee84 26th April 2010, 1:28 pm

I received my order of Darcy's on 4.22.10 and i was soo anxious. As I waited for my son to finish his TAe Kwon Do practice I couldnt resist smelling and putting the products in my hair. I am a new DARCY customer!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I loved the smell for starters. And from there I fell in love with how moisturizing her products are. My hair is loving it. I will repurchase again. I love that I am a pj btw. If i wasnt how else would my hair have fell in love with this product.

I bought: The hair pomade(C&C butter), Avocado and Honey twisting cream, and the leave in conditioner in sweet cream

ladybee84

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 26th April 2010, 7:48 pm

ladybee84 wrote:I received my order of Darcy's on 4.22.10 and i was soo anxious. As I waited for my son to finish his TAe Kwon Do practice I couldnt resist smelling and putting the products in my hair. I am a new DARCY customer!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I loved the smell for starters. And from there I fell in love with how moisturizing her products are. My hair is loving it. I will repurchase again. I love that I am a pj btw. If i wasnt how else would my hair have fell in love with this product.

I bought: The hair pomade(C&C butter), Avocado and Honey twisting cream, and the leave in conditioner in sweet cream

I am really loving her products. At night, I spritz my hair with rosewater, then apply the Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme and the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme to my hair, and make 6 braids. In the morning, my hair is soft, moisturized and frizz-free. woot! I just ordered the leave-in because I plan to use the transitioning creme for moisturizing in the am and pm.

Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 27th April 2010, 1:09 am

Pink pearls!! Girl- you are is looking (in the words of tony the tiger) GGUUUURREEEAAATTT!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 27th April 2010, 9:55 am

Thanks Nyla! Very Happy
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content