CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did I BC?

4 posters

Go down

Did I BC? Empty Did I BC?

Post by summerbreeze76 11th April 2010, 2:23 pm

I new to this site and i have truly fell in love. I have been transitioning consciously since 12/08, but my last perm was July 08. I had been getting inches cut off everytime i went to my stylist, but on Friday i got some scissors and cut all the straight ends i could find. I guess this is my official BC, but there really didnt seem to be much to take off. Still not sure if i got them all. I am now more confused than ever on what to do with my hair, as my routine was simply flat ironing and i kinda dont wanna keep doing that, plus after cutting it myself who knows what my hair will look like straight. I cant seem to get the twist or braids well, but i can do them very well on my daughter. I wore my hair out yesterday for the first time and I must say it was liberating, but i was bit selfconscious. I also purchased way too many products, but it was fun. Im still trying to figure out my hair type, i believe it is 4 something, pretty sure it is not type 3. All encouragement and suggestions are welcome. You guys are awesome!!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Did I BC? Empty Re: Did I BC?

Post by Karameldiva1978 11th April 2010, 8:24 pm

Hi SummerBreeze 76!
Two words for you: YOUTUBE! Girl, you will find some of every natural hair style to experiment with. If you BC is your avatar pic, you've got great length to experiment with, so you can do the curly nikki twist in curl. Your twists don't have to look great, since you're just putting a perm rod on the ends. Also, try the Kinky Curly Custard with Kinky Curly Knot today and play with the curl pattern it makes for you as it dries. Since you've bought product you can try wash n go's with a funky headband or flower piece.

Youtube has some great ideas, look for Kimmaytube, Mahogany Curls or ItsMsHeatherNicole.

Hope that helps!
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 13th April 2010, 11:34 am

chisellecouture is another great youtuber!!! There are sooo many out there!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th April 2010, 11:46 am

Congratulations on being 100% natural!

Now, where are the pics? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Keep practicing on your twist and braids. I wasnt that good when I first started but I have improved tremendously!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum