CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balded by a Barber

+5
London's Curling
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
NaturallyNormal
9 posters

Go down

Balded by a Barber Empty Balded by a Barber

Post by NaturallyNormal 9th April 2010, 2:46 pm

Ladies,

I did the big chop at the end of March. Well, my hair was growing so fast and I just wanted to get my fro trimmed down some. The hubby was headed to his barber so I thought, "well, I will just go with him, have the barber pick my hair out and just buzz it across the top." When he finished, I was shaved in the back and the sides, only a small amount of hair on the top, maybe an inch [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I wanted to cry but quickly realized that would do nothing to bring my 3 inch curls back. I should have just left well enough, alone.

I am seriously considering a wig. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I just don't know what else to do. I wore the aweful boy cut to work today and I am getting lots of compliments, but I feel really bad. I don't like it at all. WHAT WAS I THINKING?

Any wig tips?

Oh, and for compare and contrast scenario, my hair in my profile picture is like having 10 inches compared to what I have now.

Last edited by NaturallyNormal on 9th April 2010, 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missing info.)
NaturallyNormal
NaturallyNormal

Back to top Go down

Balded by a Barber Empty Re: Balded by a Barber

Post by sweetdrk1 9th April 2010, 3:06 pm

I am sorry you don't like it, it will grow back quickly. I can't help with wig tips but I will say post a pic I am sure it's not so bad, you said folks were complimenting you. What does hubby think?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyNormal 9th April 2010, 3:17 pm

I am at work trying to wrap up so I can't take and post a pic right now, but I will soon. My hubby said that it looks nice, sharp and that I am really pretty. I beleive he meant it, but I was wondering if he was so encouraging because he saw the look on my face. He has been nothing but supportive of this entire process.

I really like your hair. My hair was a little shorter than that, do you have two strand twists? My hair is not even long enough to twist now. WHAT WAS I THINKING, sweetdrk1? WHAT?!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturallyNormal
NaturallyNormal

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th April 2010, 3:24 pm

Well I say listen to hubby! I will come back to see pics later. Thank you!! no that is a WnG in my profile pic, I just found a product I am in LOVE with called Bumble & Bumble curl conscious foam. I am hitting my 8th month this month. I am sure your hair looks beautiful and is healthy so it will grow back. Just take a deep breath. This is the perfect time of year to have short hair, you can feel the breeze!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th April 2010, 3:24 pm

i betcha its not that bad. gotta make the best of it. i do want to try a wig myself.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th April 2010, 3:35 pm

I'm so sorry you dont like your hair. Like Sweet said, it will grow back. I bet it looks great. But I understand it's not what you wanted.

Sorry I dont have any wig advice. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Balded by a Barber Empty Try not to worry

Post by London's Curling 9th April 2010, 5:28 pm

Hey - if it's of any encouragement the same thing happened to me. Except in my scenario my husband warned me not to go to barber, said my hair looked fine, didn't need trimming. But hey, what does he know I thought, all will be well. Needless to say, not only did I end up with more than I wanted gone off the top, the barber took it upon himself to remove my hairline - said it was shaped like a dude's and needed to be more rounded. Problem was, I had sat there reading a mag and only looked up to see the mess he had created once it was all finished! The upshot to this story, and there is one, it does grow back sooner than you think, and normally once you just stop looking at it so much. I know that's easier said than done, cause I looked at mine a whole heap and it made me wanna cry - but all will be well. I have no wig advice, as have never worn one; but have you tried using something like the Mixed Chicks Leave In and trying a wash and go? In the end, that was the thing that helped me weather it a bit. Hope that helps. flower
London's Curling
London's Curling

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th April 2010, 5:47 pm

OMG, barbers are a mess. Same thing happen to me, look at my thread on the BnB and see my cut. he scalped me in the back like a dude, I cried so hard, I have 2 weeks post pictures in there too, to do a little comparing and in two weeks, you can see the diffrence. One thing I can say is that it is less maintance. If this helps I use HETT and HEHH, seal with oils and go. Post pictures so we can see.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 9th April 2010, 6:13 pm

What everyone else said...it happened to me too and I think I felt it was worse than anyone else who saw it did. It will grow back quickly, too, at that length.

I DID buy a wig after that because our school pictures were the next week and I didn't want that "boy cut" to be in the YB. I just bought one for about $30 from a local wig shop in a style and color closest to my former short hairstyle. People at work didn't know the difference. They just thought I'd straightened my hair, but I told them anyway as I have no shame. Smile

Good luck with it growing out. At least now you know not to let a barber try to trim it with a razor. Maybe a barber who is trained in scissor cuts could have done better.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th April 2010, 8:52 pm

Came back to see if you posted pics!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th April 2010, 9:32 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Came back to see if you posted pics!

Me too!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 10th April 2010, 12:39 pm

me three.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 14th April 2010, 8:29 am

ME 4!! I am spit fire so I would have said something. I do not know a lot about wigs and I am disgusted by lace fronts (because everyone seems to think baby hair is ok as they pull the hair back into a pony tail or some bs). Just rock it till it grows back hun.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 14th April 2010, 11:10 am

I am so sorry that happened to you and that you don't like it. You know, after my bc there were some days that I hated the way I looked and I wanted to throw on a wig, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it for some reason...and I used to loooove my wigs when I was relaxed. I think that if you wear it for a little while it'll grow on you, especially since everyone else loves it. You probably just aren't used to seeing yourself with hair that short.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down