CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone at at the 6 month mark itching to cut?

+4
toolieboo
laleepop14
Muz
MsKendrala
8 posters

Go down

Anyone at at the 6 month mark itching to cut? Empty Anyone at at the 6 month mark itching to cut?

Post by MsKendrala 8th April 2010, 10:38 pm

I'm creeping towards the 7 month mark slowly but surely and i have the itch to jus cut it all off. I tried to put kinky twist in myself but that didnt work out at all. Last week i found out my cousin knows how to do them so i sent her a note facebook she never replied. The kinky twist were suppose to be my way of keeping my hands out of my head, but it seems like i wont be getting any (going to a braid shop is not an option it cost wayyyyyy too much) with all of that said is there anyone else itching to cut? whats stopping u?
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

http://twitter.com/MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Anyone at at the 6 month mark itching to cut? Empty Re: Anyone at at the 6 month mark itching to cut?

Post by Muz 8th April 2010, 11:14 pm

I'm at the 10.5 month mark, but around the 7-8th month is when I started to think about BCing even though my initial plan was to transition and trim until the permed ends were gone. The thing stopping me is length. While the permed ends disgust me a little more after each wash, I'm not ready to let go of having length, I'm too used to being able to put my hair in a ponytail. Heck, that's also why I'm not sure if I'll be ready to do the BC at my year relaxer-free mark like I was thinking. So I kinda go back and forth between wanting to cut it so I can see my curls, and wanting to wait until I get more length.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone at at the 6 month mark itching to cut? Empty Re: Anyone at at the 6 month mark itching to cut?

Post by MsKendrala 9th April 2010, 12:29 am

yea length is a factor with me too. . . i have never had short hair its always been at least shoulder length. but im tired of trying to find ways to style the two textures...
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 23rd April 2010, 11:38 am

Im at the 8- 9 month mark and I had the itch to cut it off when I was maybe at the 7-8 month mark and I had to put in some senegalese/kinky (whatever you want to call the) twists myself. They actually came out pretty good and Ive even gotten compliments.(you tube is AMAZING!!!) I still have them in but am probably gonna take them out before my bday (May 9th) and get a sewn in or something else to protect and to keep me from worrying so much about my hair. I was the stage were I was sort of getting bored and needed a break or else I was gonna cut and I need more length before I cut...Like you gals...

You need a protective style, that sounded just like me, I was tired of trying to find a way to style my hair and I have tried a lot of hairstyles while transitioning I just needed a break without flat-ironing every other day...Sounds like you need a good protective style. Since transitioning also its my first time wearing half-wigs too and they are great also and very quick to do and mantain...Even though I thought I woul never wear one. So its the time to experiment with things like that too..

Just my two cents... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by toolieboo 23rd April 2010, 1:22 pm

I am at the 7 month mark and the ONLY thing that is keeping me from doing the BC is length. My hair has never been shorter than past my shoulder so going from APL to twa would be a major shock to my system lol.
Everytime I put my hands in my head and feel the tiny curls/coils I want to see my relaxed ends gone so my curls can be free, but I plan to keep on my schedule of not doing a BC until I have reached 1 year of transitioning.
toolieboo
toolieboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 23rd April 2010, 1:47 pm

I'm at the 10 month mark of transitioning and I have thought about cutting, even bought shears but I'm too chicken to cut it. I don't want a twa. I was going to cut at my 1 year mark, which will be in July, and although I have a good amount of new growth I still don't want to cut then so I'm pushing it back to the end of the year. Length is stickler for me too but the funny thing is I love wearing my hair in a curly fro which doesn't really show length it just gives me fullness that I like.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 23rd April 2010, 2:40 pm

Keep at the twists and watch some youtube videos! It's not as hard as it seems. Also start at the back of your hair and by the time you get to the top you should have a technique figured out. I was the same way at 6 months so I put some twists in myself. I was never a weave girl (you should have seen me in the hair store when I went to buy the hair for the twists...looked like a deer in headlights I was so confused! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and I didn't really know how to do hair. Now almost 2 months later, I just completed my third set of kinky twists myself and I'm getting better at them each time!

Plus, if you see one or two that you don't like when you get done or you decide you want to take them out, you didn't invest as much money and you can fix them yourself! PM me if you would like for me to give you more tips!

By the way, the only thing that's stopping me from cutting now is that I told myself I'd wait until the day before my b-day so I could celebrate my 25th year of life as a natural!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ashollan 24th April 2010, 12:21 pm

I'm almost 7 months post and I have that itch too but like all the ladies stated having lenghth is what is stopping me from BC'ing. Iv had really short hair before but I'm into working out and I like putting my hair in a ponytail or a faux bun. Half wigs and sew- ins have been my lifesaver because I don't have to manipulate my own hair.
ashollan
ashollan

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKendrala 24th April 2010, 1:28 pm

lol my tracker says 6 months 4 weeks and 1 day. . .so essentially I've made it to 7 months with out cutting! WHEW! This month I discovered flat twisting! 20 mins and 6 twist later im done! then i take um down in the morning and fluff my roots and I'm out the door! So for now I'm good but who knows how I may feel in the next couple of weeks. . .I'm trying to make it to Sept. . . but at least my birthday in July. . .
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 24th April 2010, 3:11 pm

I had that itch at 6 months, too, so I decided to BC. Well, first I waited 48 hours just to be sure it was what I really wanted to do, then I bc'd. I haven't regretted it. I went from APL to twa and it was sort of a shock, but a good shock. If you want to stick to your transition plan, I would advise not to spend a lot of time obsessing about your hair because it will only make the itch grow stronger.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down