CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

im seriously about to cry

+3
Intelligentbeauty
AdriEm
Skluffy101
7 posters

Go down

im seriously about to cry Empty im seriously about to cry

Post by Skluffy101 6th April 2010, 8:44 pm

i had so many knots and tangles in my hair when I washed it today, I pretty much cried. A chunk of my hair came out at one point and I nearly just died. I know it's permed hair and I'm gonna cut it off anyway but it's still MY hair and i don't want it to come out.

I'm so stressed now, my dad is annoying me, AP exams and SAT's are coming up and my teachers just keep loading up the hw and just want to roll up somewhere and just cry and go to sleep. I know somebody is going to say cut it but I'm just not ready for it yet, I'm afraid what people at my high school is going to say. AND i know someone is going to say you shouldn't care what other people think and blah blah but I can't help it; I've always been very insecure.

Wow I know this became a rant but I needed let some stuff out.
Skluffy101
Skluffy101

Back to top Go down

im seriously about to cry Empty Re: im seriously about to cry

Post by AdriEm 6th April 2010, 11:11 pm

Hi I BC'd on Feb. 28 and I know exactly how you feel. I'm in my last year of high school and I'd wash my hair on my own to stretch the times when I'd have to go to the hairdresser's and get it braided. SO much hair would come out when I'd comb through the conditioner, and then SO much more when my mom would comb it out and blow dry it and I would just bawl because I'm one of those tender-headed fools and the mum's is a bit heavy-handed. For me, with all the 'last year of school', SAT, college Apps, homework stress combined with transitioning kind fo got me to the point where the stress reflected in my hair and how I treated it so maybe the best thing I could tell you is that to give yourself some time to chill out before handling your hair because when everything is just driving you insane [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] it definitely reflects in how you handle your hair sicne you just want to get it done and out of the way so you can get back to pulling it out while you're studying.

I'm not telling you to cut it but I will tell you that the scalp breeze (I got comb coils right after so there were a myriad of parts in my hair), the scalp breeze is really relaxing.
Um, that's it, lol sorry for the length and Good Luck.

Oh and if all else fails, just give in and have a good bawl or nap and have it later. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 7th April 2010, 4:39 am

I agree with AdriEm. Maybe the BC is your solution. But if not you should consider getting braids. Just until this phase of stress in your life passes. The stress can be causing your hair loss as well. You have to be patient as a transitioner and take your time. If time is something you don't have braid, weave or wig it up until you have some time perhaps during the summer. But just remember you have to still take care of your hair in or under what ever you do.
HOPE THAT HELPS. GOD BLESS ON YOUR JOURNEY!!!

BTW, my BC was March 2nd after transitioning for 1 yr.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Skluffy101 8th April 2010, 6:42 pm

Thanks guys I do feel much better now.

I didn't cry (because I refuse to) but I just numbed my mind with youtube. My hair is in a twist-out/frohawk now so I'm feeling better. Still stress but not as much as I was that day. Smile
Skluffy101
Skluffy101

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 8th April 2010, 6:52 pm

Awesome Possum. Good luck with your exams.
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 8th April 2010, 11:36 pm

My advice is to remember to be patient, if you feel yourself getting frustrated to the point where you're pulling your hair out take a break. Trust me, I've been there too when your arms are tired, your fingers are tired, everytime you think you've got a part detangled, you find a new tangle. Those are the times when I just take a few minutes to get myself together.

My other advice is to detangle BEFORE you wash. If I had my hair in an "out" style then I take some HH and my fingers and work my way through all of my hair while it's dry (so it's just a bunch of conditioner), then after I finish going through with my fingers I go through it again with a wide-tooth comb. When detangling I start at the bottom of the strand and work my way up, that way knots aren't piling on top of knots. After that I put a shower cap on and my Satin bonnet over that (to trap the heat) for about 30 minutes to an hour before washing. Sometimes trying to detangle on soaking wet hair can be a hassle, especially if you're stressed or frustrated with it. So comb through it/detangle BEFORE washing instead of WHILE washing (well, you can go through again WHILE washing, but it will be so much easier.

Good luck with everything else! School will be over before you know it. . .
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Monnie 8th April 2010, 11:52 pm

I totally understand your pain. I am almost at 6 months and my last wash was a mess; I had so many tangles and more hair came out than usual. But I refuse to cut my hair until I am at 18 months. I try not to think about my hair. I just bun it everyday now. I will probably get braids/sew in within the next few weeks and wear that for the remainder of the summer, but I know I am the type that would regret a BC, and I would regret it immediately. It's not what other peeople think; I think I look better with mid to long length hair, so I totally understand. Perhaps you should try braiding it or wearing a weave for a while just so you don't have to worry with your hair. I say do not cut unless you are absolutely ready to do so.
Monnie
Monnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 9th April 2010, 12:38 am

This too shall pass! I've been there...my hair was a mess today! I am 5 months post and my hair is getting thicker by the minute. I decided to co-wash today...my second this week. I was able to detangle with my wide tooth comb and denman in a few minutes, put my hair in a pony and roll the ends. I use Pureology Hydrate conditioner and it has made detangling a breeze. At first, I tried a new product and it made my hair a tangled mess. So, I got back in the shower, slathered my hair with Pureology and detangled under the shower stream Very Happy
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by Skluffy101 10th April 2010, 1:14 am

Thanks everyone for their kind words Smile Yeah I forced myself to not look at anything related to school or college today and took a nice nap. It's Spring Break now so I am happy, even though of course I have homework :/
Skluffy101
Skluffy101

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 10th April 2010, 1:40 pm

Hello skluffy,

I'm Kay and also in high school and long term transitioning. I completely understand what you are saying about the stresses during this time of year. I strongly believe that stress is a major factor in your hair loss. Towards 5 months of transitioning, I went through the same experience. I began to partake in stress relieving activities such as exercising, writing, etc. Whatever works for you. I now have minimal hair loss, it is also important that you use plenty of conditioner with a great slip in the shower when detangling, you don't want to force the comb through at all.

I know you touched on the factor of what others will say, WELL...entering my junior year, I turned over a new leaf. I stopped caring about what negative things others may have to say. I changed styles of clothing, friends, and and changing my hair. I began to focus on what makes me happy, not in a self-centered way, but what would take possible stress factors away. If you wish to do something to YOUR hair, but are afraid what others will say... my advice is to just do you. They don't have to see the hair loss when you get home, nor do they fight the struggles of transitioning.

Be you and be happy :]

I've been doing just that !
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum