CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks

+24
Natural-In_Me
NaptownCurls
Lynnieluve
Takeya
jamaicacurl
Mz. Thang
CSI
KinkyNappyHappy
Kea::curls
jcanalena79
savvybrown
SheeTacular
Juices-n-Berries
BlondeByDesire
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
MahoganyCurls
TMS
dajewel
Cherry: extraordinary!
CocaColaCutie
NhappyJackie
sweetdrk1
*CurlyNikki*
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Page 3 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks

Post by CSI 30th May 2010, 9:42 pm

I just want to say that I did my 2nd application of the Henna and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!! I can't believe the definition it's given me. My hair is in mint condition. I think I'm hooked for life Smile lol Can't wait to do it again. Do you think it'll keep it's condition for the month or should I do it more often? I love the shine and conditioning factors. Thanks for your help Smile

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th June 2010, 12:35 pm

CurlyGigi wrote:Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for responding. I did the Henna and I don't see much of a difference in color or conditioning but I'm going to do it again this weekend since I realize that several applications give better results. My hair is very dark so I don't expect any color change. However, I am interested in the deep conditioning factors. I've read a lot on hennaforhair.com already but when I went back to find out how long to keep it in I just couldn't find it anymore. Since I'm not interested in color, how long do you think I should leave it in? I have a batch thawing out from the freezer Smile lol I had a very successful, first try at it. The only thing is that whenever I wet my hair now (which I do on a daily basis) I get orange-y water dripping all over everything. Is that normal or does it mean I should've rinsed my hair longer? Thanks for your time and experience. It's MUCH appreciated Smile
At least an hour should help with conditioning. You could likely do 30 minutes with heat for similar effects. Yes, it sounds like you should have rinsed more.

CurlyGigi wrote:I just want to say that I did my 2nd application of the Henna and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!! I can't believe the definition it's given me. My hair is in mint condition. I think I'm hooked for life Smile lol Can't wait to do it again. Do you think it'll keep it's condition for the month or should I do it more often? I love the shine and conditioning factors. Thanks for your help Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Glad the henna is working for you. I have read some ladies doing it every week. I would say try every month and see what happens.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 13th June 2010, 5:15 pm

Hey Chrs stoppin thru cause I am having a hair crisis and one of the ladies said I should see what you think.
Ok lately my hair just refuses to curl and its not due to heat damage cause I haven't straighten it since being natural nor do I diffuse. I used to do nothing but w'n'g in the first 2yrs of my journey but this past winter was just too brutal for that. So I have been doing other styles. Now its back warm I want to do w'n'g and my hair won't curl its just a frizzy, lifeless mess [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. This winter I did DC once a week or when my hair felt it needed it but nothing works and all products I was using just stopped working. Also when I run my fingering down my strands it isn't smooth. I am so lost please help [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
Sorry for the long post

This is last yr
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This yr
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 12:36 pm

Hi MzThang, thanks for reaching out.

Moisture seems to be the issue. What products are you currently using? Please let me know what you are applying first, second, etc. Also include what you use to seal.

When running fingers down strands, this is a way to test for hair's texture. Your texture sounds as if it may be coarse. Coarse hair thrives on moisture. Try to wet your hair often--once a day if possible, twice a day would be ideal.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 14th June 2010, 3:29 pm

Thanks Chrs I think that maybe it cause my hair was fine when I use to w'n'g everyday.
Shampoo
SheaMoisture Hibicus and Coconut shampoo
Leave-in
SheaMoisture Raw Shea butter conditioner
DC
AOHSR
Sealing
EVOO, Shea Butter,castor oil, coconut oil(depending on style)
None of these things are really doing any wonders for my hair except the oils so any suggestions?
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 4:21 pm

You may try to use the same products in a different order. After cleansing, apply oil then leave-in. I would suggest using a moisturizer after the leave-in. Your hair sounds like it needs more than just a leave-in. I believe SheaMoisture makes a moisturizer. I would say to check it out.

How often do you cleanse? moisturize and seal?

What is your price range for products? I can make suggestions in all categories.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 14th June 2010, 7:05 pm

In the winter I was cleansing with shampoo once a month, co-wash every week. But since my hair has been going crazy I don't knw wht to do anymore. So I have just been pretty much soaking my hair in the shower every day, then loading it with leav-in seal with oil. If I'm wearing my hair pulled back I put shea butter to slick it down or aloe vera gel.
As far as price range I don't want to spend 38 dollars on 8oz like miss jessie's. I'm really just looking for something reasonable not too high kind of in the middle if that makes sense.
Do you think I need protein in my regime?
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th June 2010, 10:56 am

Is the soaking hair, applying leave-in and sealing working for you? If so, what is your leave-in and what oil are you using?

I think most need protein. Right now, based on what you wrote, protein will not help.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 19th June 2010, 6:40 am

Chrs how am I just now noticing you are a Curlfriend?! This is awesome! I came on because I'm interested in trying green tea as a rinse and I know you use it. Since I'm here, I need advice on treating/getting rid of dry patches in my scalp. This is sooo annoying! Thanks in advance!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th August 2010, 11:51 pm

jamaicacurl wrote:Chrs how am I just now noticing you are a Curlfriend?! This is awesome! I came on because I'm interested in trying green tea as a rinse and I know you use it. Since I'm here, I need advice on treating/getting rid of dry patches in my scalp. This is sooo annoying! Thanks in advance!
OMGoodness, I am so very late. I remember seeing this and thought I responded.

Dry patches should not be disturbed. In other words, do not scratch them to lift them. This will only make the matter worse.

How is your water intake? This can help.

A good spritz I discovered include three key ingredients--aloe vera gel/juice, tea tree EO and peppermint EO. Just a drop or two of EO per two ounces of aloe vera is all you need. Spray it on your scalp when it is wet. This can help.

You can also try to exfoliate the area(s) with brown sugar and honey. Make a smooth paste and apply it to the area (make sure it is moist). Apply it to the area and gently rub it so not to irritate the area further. Circular motions are best to promote circulation.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 25th August 2010, 7:44 pm

Hi, Chrs! I have admired your hair for the past couple of months and desperately want to try some of the flat twists styles you wear so well.

From your pictures, our hair has similar curl pattern but I'm not sure about thickness...mine is really thick. Either way, I have tried a few times to do flat twists and failed miserably so I was hoping you had some tips that might help! Right now my hair is in flat twists and I took a pic but it looks a HOT MESS...almost unrecognizable as flat twists. Embarassed

By the way, I have successfully flat twisted my daughter's hair but can't seem to achieve the same results on my own.

Thanks in advance!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th August 2010, 1:36 pm

Takeya wrote:Hi, Chrs! I have admired your hair for the past couple of months and desperately want to try some of the flat twists styles you wear so well.

From your pictures, our hair has similar curl pattern but I'm not sure about thickness...mine is really thick. Either way, I have tried a few times to do flat twists and failed miserably so I was hoping you had some tips that might help! Right now my hair is in flat twists and I took a pic but it looks a HOT MESS...almost unrecognizable as flat twists. Embarassed

By the way, I have successfully flat twisted my daughter's hair but can't seem to achieve the same results on my own.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for stopping by Takeya! I think the key for flat twisting my own hair is always keeping my hands over my head. For example, when I am near my ears, I continue to hold my hands above my head not by the sides of my head. Unlike you, I think I do a much better job on styling my own hair than the hair of others.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 26th August 2010, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 26th August 2010, 3:26 pm

Thanks! Do you use any specific products for your twists to keep them from unraveling?
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th August 2010, 5:22 pm

Takeya wrote:Thanks! Do you use any specific products for your twists to keep them from unraveling?
I use a gel. I've used Koils by Nature and Eco Styler.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th August 2010, 7:51 pm

Ok Big Sis!! I know you gave me wings and I have been flying and hopefully making you proud but I have a question. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I checked out my cabinet (trying to use up products) last night and I came across the aloe vera spritzer I won from BnB. I used it on my twist last night and seal with coconut oil. I think I remember reading you used aloe vera juice/gel in a homemade spritz....Am I right?

I noticed my twist didnt shrink like they do with when I use the Greg Juice.

Tell me again how you used your spritz. when you used it? on wash day or to moisturize?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th August 2010, 9:53 am

Yes, I started about a month ago after getting a sample of ShidaNaturals spritz. It contains water, EVOO, aloe vera & glycerin. OMGoodness, it is wonderful. I decided to make my own. Sometimes I add water sometimes I don't. The basic ratio I use is 3 parts aloe vera juice/gel, 1 part EVOO and about a teaspon of glycerin. If I add water, I add about 1/2 part. It feels good on the skin also.

I agree, aloe vera doesn't seem to cause shrinkage on first and subsequent hair days. I use it after cleansing before adding leave in/moisturizer, at night to moisturize, in the morning to refresh and anytime I feel like my hair needs a boost.

You are doing wonderful, and every time I see you post I smile with pride Wink.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th August 2010, 10:37 am

Thanks!!! I'm glad I am making you proud!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Aloe Vera Spritzer by BnB has organic aloe vera gel, pure floral waters of yarrow and melissa leaf, pure vegetable glycerin, pure essential oils and natural fragance.

I will continue to use it while its still warm. During the winter months, I may have to shelf it or try to make another version of it minus the glycerin.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th August 2010, 4:41 pm

I came to ask about these powders I keep hearing about. What are the benefits and how doe you apply them. Oh and what doe you mix them with?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 6th September 2010, 6:47 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I came to ask about these powders I keep hearing about. What are the benefits and how doe you apply them. Oh and what doe you mix them with?
Man, some reason I am not notified when I have a new post. Sorry for the late response.

The ayurvedic powders are great conditioners. Many also help with darkening the hair and reducing hair fall (I'm guess this means shedding). I've used amla, bhrinjraj (maka), brahmi, kalpi tone, kapoor kalchi, neem and shikakai. This thread has lots of great information (ayurveda experiences)--I read a lot of the information there before I started using the powders last year.

My faves are maka, brahmi and kalpi tone. I love a mix of maka and amla (50/50 of each). My hair feels incredibly soft afterward and my hair clumps. Kapoor kalchi makes hair smell fragrant. A mix of shikakai and amla is good. I did not like shikakai or amla alone - dry hair with the shikakai and amla alone did nothing for Grace.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NaptownCurls 8th September 2010, 10:01 pm

I'm a new natural...one year....and also new to CN site. I just wanted to let you know I've learned so much from you, ChrsLvsBks. Yes, I've been stalking you on here...lol. The information you share is invaluable and has helped me alot. So a big 'thank you' for sharing your knowledge!
NaptownCurls
NaptownCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th September 2010, 11:25 am

NaptownCurls wrote:I'm a new natural...one year....and also new to CN site. I just wanted to let you know I've learned so much from you, ChrsLvsBks. Yes, I've been stalking you on here...lol. The information you share is invaluable and has helped me alot. So a big 'thank you' for sharing your knowledge!
You are very welcome. I'm glad it has helped you! Your curls are gorgeous!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NaptownCurls 29th September 2010, 5:25 pm

Awww....thank you!
NaptownCurls
NaptownCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural-In_Me 1st October 2010, 9:23 pm

ChrsLvsBks I would love to make the Fenugreek Tea Spritz but when I ordered it was not specified that the fenugreek was decaf. So I would like to know if you think that would make a difference.
Natural-In_Me
Natural-In_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd October 2010, 7:03 pm

Natural-In_Me wrote:ChrsLvsBks I would love to make the Fenugreek Tea Spritz but when I ordered it was not specified that the fenugreek was decaf. So I would like to know if you think that would make a difference.
I am not sure if my teas are decaf. I do not think they are. I do not object to using caffeinated teas. I do not drink caffeinated beverages regularly so I am not concerned.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural-In_Me 10th October 2010, 12:13 am

Chrs I have been researching the fenugreek tea everyone that I have came across in the stores and on line have caffinene free on the box. Where did you find yours?
Natural-In_Me
Natural-In_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next