CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not loving my hair

+2
naomimaxine927
itsmedcj
6 posters

Go down

Not loving my hair Empty Not loving my hair

Post by itsmedcj 9th March 2010, 7:18 pm

So I've been natural now for about 3 years. My hair is super fine. Most of the time I wear it in a bush. I'm tried of the bush. I don't feel cute or pretty and I'm just bored. I tried to get a full weave. I had it in for 2 weeks before taking it out; along with some of my hair line...cuz my hair is so fine. I was thinking about getting sister locks, but I changed my mine. I don't know what to do with it. Every time I got to the salon to get it style, it never looks right. I've gotten flexi-rods, 2 strand twists, flat twist.....never satisfied. I can't press my hair, cu the very first time I did the back didn't go back to its curly state. It stayed somewhat straight. Any suggestions...please I need help!!!!!
itsmedcj
itsmedcj

Back to top Go down

Not loving my hair Empty Re: Not loving my hair

Post by naomimaxine927 9th March 2010, 9:02 pm

. Have you tried doing styles at home and experimenting? Or watch youtube videos for new style ideas?

As for your hair not returning to it's curly state, seems like you have heat damage. Heat damaged hair does not revert, so I think your only solution may be only to trim the damaged hair.
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 10th March 2010, 10:48 am

Yes, I agree with the above. Style options are endless for naturals. Watch some YT videos and get some ideas from there.

What type of products are you using?

Check out the BNB threads, there are some gorgeous heads of hair on their and also very helpful advice is given.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by itsmedcj 10th March 2010, 11:23 am

That is some good advice, thanks. I'm currently using Herbal Essence Totally Twist. However, it leaves my hair feeling dry and brittle. I was using Curls before that, but they must of change something in their products cuz it started not working out as well. So, I'm in the process of an all around change from the products that I'm using to the styles.
itsmedcj
itsmedcj

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 10th March 2010, 2:21 pm

Definitely check out youtube it will help lots...thats what helped me all throughout my transition and now that im natural Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 10th March 2010, 8:43 pm

Hi there ---

Your hair texture looks like my daughters. Maybe it's the weather change too. I saw Curly Nikki's blog about her needing to change products because of the "drama" and dryness with her hair. My daughter's hair did the same thing and I found myself just about "oiling" her scalp with my shea butter and olive oil mixture and applying jojoba oil on her hair and even scalp while wet (which seemed to give her the best results).
The ladies above are right on to just research and experiment --- keep us posted on what you find out.
Cheers
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 10th March 2010, 8:48 pm

What don't you like about the twists?
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content