CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I DC'd overnight for the first time. . .

+2
Lynnieluve
Muz
6 posters

Go down

So I DC'd overnight for the first time. . . Empty So I DC'd overnight for the first time. . .

Post by Muz 25th February 2010, 8:00 pm

I LOVE the results! I should have done this sooner, I think it will officially become part of my regimen/routine. I have photos and all that good stuff on my blog, but here's what I did:

So last night during a very boring American Idol (I wasn’t motivated to call in and vote for anyone) I decided I needed to DC my hair because my ends were looking raggedy and the results of that last flat twist-out were not good at all. I ended up doing something different. Instead of using my ORS Replenishing Conditioner, I decided to try mixing Herbal Essences HH and Honey since I remember seeing or reading about someone doing that. After talking to my Soror I also added a little Olive Oil. I don’t have EVOO, when I went to the store and got the OO I have, I got the “pure” olive oil. I don’t see a point in wasting it (and any OO is not cheap), so I’ll use this up and next time I’ll get some EVOO. Anywhoo, I didn’t really measure anything but the OO since my Soror told me to use about a teaspoon. I think I may have put in a BIT too much Honey because it’s smell was kinda overpowering everything else ~lol~ and I put in more HH than anything.

So I sprayed my hair with bottled water (LOL) and then added this. I did it by sections the way I normally DC to make sure it got on everything, but I didn’t put Castor Oil underneath. Then I put on a disposable conditioning cap and my satin bonnet over that, and then I wrapped all of that in a scarf. (I was NOT trying to get that stuff on my pillow, nor did I want to hear plastic crinkling around my head all night). I did all of this around 9, I washed it out this morning around 11 after my work out, so it was in my head for about 14 hours.

When I washed it out I used ice cold water as I normally do, and then I co-washed with V05 Strawberries ‘n Cream Moisture Milk to make sure I got all of that honey out of my hair and to get the smell out.

I think my hair loves me again after that! LOL

My twists:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

So I DC'd overnight for the first time. . . Empty Re: So I DC'd overnight for the first time. . .

Post by Lynnieluve 25th February 2010, 9:27 pm

Your twist look really good. You have a lot of growth too for 9 months of transitioning!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

So I DC'd overnight for the first time. . . Empty Re: So I DC'd overnight for the first time. . .

Post by Hair2Me 25th February 2010, 9:37 pm

You really do! I normally use the ORS for overnight deep conditioning but may give this a try, thanks for sharing!
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 26th February 2010, 4:22 pm

I DC'd for the first time too after my last relaxer and I loved the results. I forgot how often I used to do this during my last transition (which failed due to lack of knowledge) and I used to LOVE them.

Does ORS Replen. Con leave hair oily?
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 26th February 2010, 4:48 pm

Oh, I DC once a week, this was the first time I slept in it. ORS doesn't leave my hair oily at all, even when I put Castor Oil under it.

And thanks for the compliments ladies Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 26th February 2010, 9:16 pm

I've got to try this DC. Love yur twists Muz, by the way.
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by marcysuburbs 27th February 2010, 5:40 pm

I might have to try the overnite DC. I have a half empty bottle of HEHH because it just didn't work as a co-wash for me but I decided to try it is a DC (I added EVOO and honey, a few days ago on a whim) because I'm not wasting money and I'm gonna need a good treatment after I take these kinky twists out. I hate sitting under the dryer so this might be a better alternative. Hopefully I get results as good as yours. Your twists look great!!
marcysuburbs
marcysuburbs

http://meentirely.onsugar.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 1st March 2010, 12:53 pm

Perhaps I'll try this idea this weekend. I'm lazy when it come to DTs but I do baggy often. Your twists look nice and moist, like lil fat catapillars.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 1st March 2010, 1:26 pm

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:Perhaps I'll try this idea this weekend. I'm lazy when it come to DTs but I do baggy often. Your twists look nice and moist, like lil fat catapillars.

Yeah, until you get to the permed ends ~Lol~ but they are still moisturized and I haven't really been doing anything to them but spraying a little Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla leave-in conditioner on them before bed (and I don't think that stuff does anything for my hair, I just like the smell, so once I use up this bottle I don't plan to re-purchase)

I kinda started out my DCing method with the 45 minutes recommended (without sitting under a dryer) by the package, then I started leaving it in for a couple of hours, and last week I decided to go on and try overnight and using a different conditioner. I'm VERY happy with the results, plus HH is much cheaper than ORS and you get a lot more. It's also a good pre-wash, but I don't use it as a co-wash anymore (strange I know, but I like Aussie Moist and V05 better for the actual washing part).

So if anyone else tries this, let me know how it goes!
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 1st March 2010, 1:42 pm

That's what my twists look like too but I roll the twists with gray perm rods for better blending.

I purchased the CD's Black Vanilla set but I use the shampoo more than the deep conditioner. I love that smell. I only shampoo once a month and add baking soda for clarification. I used to cowash with VO5 while wearing weaves but once I ran out I purchased HE conditioners and use Totally Twisted.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 1st March 2010, 1:45 pm

Those pics were taken right after I did them, but for some reason I don't like the way they look when the ends are curled ~shrug~ I have them pulled back into a little bun right now which inevitably curls the ends ~lol~ sometimes I put them all into one big flat twist too, I like the way that looks.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down