CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acne Scars

+14
Pretty_Vee
thehfxgrrl
Ambitious_Tiff
naturallyme09
aduke1989
Neems
CiaE
jac.attack
Hollis
BlondeByDesire
krissyc39
HAMPTONSFNST
nikkinixnicole
Russet
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Acne Scars Empty Acne Scars

Post by Russet 25th February 2010, 5:42 pm

Hello =),

I've been getting acne on my BACK and it's been scarring. I have tried nearly everything there is out there to erase these scars. They're not so dark but definitely noticeable. Also, the acne stopped, but I still see scars. There aren't any "fresh" pimples or anything like that, just scars.

Do any of you know of a natural or non-natural product I can use to help me erase these scars? I've tried Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleanser, and even whitening creams like the Miss Key one.

Also, the lotion I am using now is non-comodogenic from Aveeno as well, and I've been scrubbing with loofas for forever now.
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Acne Scars Empty Re: Acne Scars

Post by nikkinixnicole 25th February 2010, 7:59 pm

Have you tried vitamin E cream? You should also try exfoliating the area (perhaps with a lufa sponge) ...

Hope this helps [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 25th February 2010, 10:21 pm

^Thanks, i'll get some vitamin E cream asap! I do exfoliate with a lufa sponge. I feel the skin is smooth I just cant get rid of the brown spots.
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 26th February 2010, 2:57 am

No prob! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your hair is gourgeous by the way... its so shiny and the color is so rich.. do you use henna by any chance?
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 26th February 2010, 3:22 pm

Aw, thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ,I did for the first time last month but I haven't used it since. I can't really stand the smell it left on my hair.
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 26th February 2010, 4:43 pm

I've actually been thinking of trying henna on my hair in the near future (after I grow out my heat damaged hair). It seems like everyone who uses this stuff has great looking hair! Have you noticed a huge difference with your hair since using henna? Other than the smell, is there anything else that you don't like about henna? Let me know, thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 26th February 2010, 9:14 pm

I haven't seen much difference since I only used it once but after the first application I immediately saw that my hair felt much thicker and stronger. The smell just made me not want to do another application it's too strong, plus I woke up with a stomach virus the day I left the henna on overnight and the smell was just not helping at all. So no, LOL other than the smell henna is completely fine with me. It went on smooth, and wasnt hard to rinse out. I didnt even have to dunk my head in a tub full of water like some people do cause it wasnt too thick on my hair.

I think you should try it now that you do have some damage on your hair, maybe it'll help with the par that's already damaged.
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 5th March 2010, 3:37 pm

To help even out the skin in that area, you may need to cleanse with a beta or alpha hydroxy body cleanser. BHA AND AHAs help exfoliate the skin so that the newer cells can be surfaced to the skin. I believe Neutrogena has a body scrub with salycilic acid(beta hydroxy acid) that is effective. Cleopatra used to bath in milk for this purpose. The lactic acid in milk helps exfoliation.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 18th April 2010, 2:33 pm

100% pure cocoa butter. Its amazing at reducing scars and its like a dollar at CVS. I've also started using Burts Bee's Radiance body lotion on my face and it's great too (but its really expensive). I just put on as much as my skin can take of both at night (cuz they stink) and in the morning my skin is so much softer and more radiant. The scars take a couple weeks to be completely gone though, and you have to apply it religiously to see results.
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th May 2010, 5:06 pm

I hate back acne - I take an antibiotic for it ... but I do have scars. Also make sure you keep a sun screen on it as well.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 4th May 2010, 11:24 pm

omigosh I went to the Vitamin Hut across the street and the owner recommended oregano essential oil (yes the herb) for killing the bacteria that causes acne. I've been using it for a couple of days now diluting it 3 to 1 with olive oil and using vitamin E oil afterwards.

It amazing! Disclaimer: It burns like you wouldn't believe and your face smells like a sub sandwich for a little bit but its all worth it in the morning Smile My face is has less acne, is clearer, and I'm glowing Very Happy And it's only been 4 days O.o

Ah! I'm in love!
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 9th May 2010, 3:21 pm

@Krissyc39 How much did the oregano essential oil cost? I went to vitamin shoppe to see if they had some and it was $47 for one of the natural ones.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 9th May 2010, 8:23 pm

HOly wow. I got mine for $20.75 and with a 25% discount because the Vitamin hut guy loves me Smile I wouldn't pay so much for the oil especially if it's just "natural" and not 100% pure.

Think about getting another essential oil (I've been using orange or lemon) along with the oregano to mask some of the smell 'cause while I don't mind it everyone else in my house hates it O.o
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 12th May 2010, 5:00 pm

I went to whole foods market and found it for $25 there but they had the capsules for $10 and the lady said that was already diluted and still strong she said just pop a hole in it and use that on my skin. I did that and you sure are right about the burning and sub sandwich smell lol. In the morning the one spot I put it on did look slightly smoother so tonight I am going to rub it all over my forehead and see if I get any results in the morning. Are you still getting good results?
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 13th May 2010, 12:02 pm

Aww you bought it Smile

It still working for me. Most times when i try an acne kit it works well for a couple of days but idk if my body gets used to it or something but then the results just stop. Not the case with the oregano oil though. I still feel the burn every day I use it lol.

** My hormones are kinda going through their monthly phase so I'm breaking out more than normal but my skin is still glowing (prob because of the Vitamin E) Very Happy
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 29th May 2010, 5:57 pm

Hey Krissyc39 Have you noticed that your eyebrows look different from the oregano oil? I have always had really dark thick eyebrows and it now looks like my eyebrows are thinning out since using the oregano oil. Have you had any problems like this?
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 29th May 2010, 6:57 pm

Hey ladies! I just wanted to let yall know on the general board popsbaby wrote about lemon peel bioferment. I got mine a few days ago and it seems to be working well.

The link to the post is- http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/thank-you-acne-scars-t4143.htm

I bought mine at- http://www.ncnproskincare.com/hyperpigmentation/lemon-peel-bioferment-safe-effective-skin-lightening-1-oz.html

Last edited by BAMNcurls on 29th May 2010, 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 31st May 2010, 12:56 am

@ Hollis my eyebrows have actually gotten thicker. But this is a complicated answer... I've always had thin eyebrows. I don't know if the oregano oil helped/hurted but I did a henna application on my eyebrows (i was bored lol) and since then it has been a lot thicker. I also use vitamin E oil on my face at night and olive oil in the morning so that may be why my brows are flourishing.. I did a little research and although I found a forum where they talk about getting thicker brows:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-14061.html

Now I don't know if the thinning eyebrows business is enough to make you stop using the oregano oil. But if the oil works for you, I just want you to know that your brows can be thicker even while your using it. I'll research some more about the thinning eyebrows thing though and let you know cause this is really interesting.
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 25th October 2010, 9:34 pm

Do you guys think using Vitamin E oil mixed with grapeseed oil may reduce the scars?
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 26th October 2010, 11:22 am

krissyc39 wrote:omigosh I went to the Vitamin Hut across the street and the owner recommended oregano essential oil (yes the herb) for killing the bacteria that causes acne. I've been using it for a couple of days now diluting it 3 to 1 with olive oil and using vitamin E oil afterwards.

It amazing! Disclaimer: It burns like you wouldn't believe and your face smells like a sub sandwich for a little bit but its all worth it in the morning Smile My face is has less acne, is clearer, and I'm glowing Very Happy And it's only been 4 days O.o

Ah! I'm in love!

Mom gave me the a mixture of jojoba oil and oregano for my face a few weeks ago and it works. She's really into homeopathic remedies. I put it on at night and in the morning my skin looks and feel so much better.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aduke1989 28th October 2010, 10:43 pm

Does any one have pictures by chance? I'm really struggling with acne and acne scars on my right cheek and forehead and I've been trying so many products and I'm tempted to go to a dermatologist
aduke1989
aduke1989

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=648990541

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 27th November 2010, 12:37 am

aduke1989 wrote:Does any one have pictures by chance? I'm really struggling with acne and acne scars on my right cheek and forehead and I've been trying so many products and I'm tempted to go to a dermatologist

My skin has been acting a mess since I've been in college so I understand your frustration... The worst part is I'm the only person in my family with acne so whenever I see family the conversation turns to clearasil, proactiv etc.. it's really annoying and kinda insulting. The best thing that has been working for me is shea butter and honey. I put a thick mixture of the two on my face and in the morning my face looks a little bit brighter Smile I do lemon/sugar/honey masks occasionally as well and they work wonders.

I also bought this amazing foundation concealer (Mac; around $30) and I found out that what I thought was acne was actually just scarring; with the foundation I have flawless (looking) skin.

Don't let anything touch your face. Ever. If I talk on the phone for a while I'll find bumps the next day where the cell phone was; if I sleep on a random pillow/couch I break out awfully the next day Sad

HTH! In all things be patient; you'll have flawless skin soon Smile
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyme09 28th November 2010, 3:26 pm

krissyc39 wrote:omigosh I went to the Vitamin Hut across the street and the owner recommended oregano essential oil (yes the herb) for killing the bacteria that causes acne. I've been using it for a couple of days now diluting it 3 to 1 with olive oil and using vitamin E oil afterwards.

Ah! I'm in love!

When are you using the oregano oil? Do you follow up with the oregano after you cleanse your face? Are you using any other products besides olive oil and vitamin E on your face? Sorry for so many questions lol
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 2nd December 2010, 7:27 pm

You may want to try a good back brush and some tea tree oil... Lol, it smells pretty good too
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by thehfxgrrl 5th December 2010, 2:38 pm

Emu oil works well. I am using it for hyperpigmentation marks

thehfxgrrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down