CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nude Makeup

+14
A85
sweetdrk1
LadyMika
CurlsGalore
jlowman1
*CurlyNikki*
missmoriah
BlondeByDesire
NubieNatty
Lilith_Eve
cutephantasm
Blex
lexibugg004
CostaKink
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nude Makeup Empty Nude Makeup

Post by CostaKink 19th February 2010, 11:06 am

Hell0 ladies! I have recently purchased a lipstick from Mac Cosmetics called Siss. Its a beautiful color, but not exactly nude. I am no makeup expert, and rarely wear any. Do you ladies have any suggestion on another lip color that is better suited for my complexion?

THANX! X-D
CostaKink
CostaKink

http://www.loudmouth269@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Nude Makeup Empty Re: Nude Makeup

Post by lexibugg004 19th February 2010, 11:38 pm

hello, my name is Lexi, and i am a makeup-aholic!!! seriously when i go out with my husband he has to steer me away form the make-up aisle, by either having a firm grip on my arm or parking near the entrance on the opposite side of the make-up when ever we go to the store,mall, department store, etc.
any way mac is one of my favorite brands, though i could not find siss on the web site to see what it looks like, i did find a bunch of other shades that you may like, and better suit you complexion. i think we have to remember that not everyone's nude is the same, what may be nude against my lips and skin may stand out against the next brown,yellow,peach, tawny skinned beauty.

my suggestions for you (based on the sites pics and descriptions) are, Touch (a peachy cinnamon), honey flower(honey brown), and mocha (peachy,yellowy, brown). i also noticed in your picture your lips have nice natural plummy color(which wold be your personal nude), for which i would suggest, Craving!!!

i don't know how you feel about Mac's Lipglass, but i find it easier to find sheer, nude, and complementary colors in their glosses. i don't fid them to be sticky, and they offer great coverage. a few color s i thought you might like were;spirit&soul,liqueur, lovechild, and pop mode, and i own beaux, and love nectar, they are from the lustre glass line!!! hope this helps!!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 19th February 2010, 11:39 pm

but you don't need much make-up, blush mascara, and gloss or lip stick,and be out the door!!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by Blex 22nd February 2010, 2:24 am

Mac also has Jubilee and Freckletone lipstick that are nude shades for brown skin. I have them both and wear them all the time!!
Blex
Blex

Back to top Go down

Post by CostaKink 22nd February 2010, 2:32 am

@ Lexibugg004 and Blex... you 2 are lifesavers Smile... i will definitely be in MAC very soon... thanx again!!!
CostaKink
CostaKink

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 22nd February 2010, 4:09 am

the one is use matches my lips perfectly...its from sephora...Lip Attitude Glamour 9061B G17 (im not sure which one of those things identify the color since im not very makeup literate)

Another thing that works for me as nude is a lipliner in a copperish shade (believe it or not, it matches my lips perfectly) with some gloss over it
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 22nd February 2010, 11:22 pm

I keep seeing good things about MAC from the ladies in these forums! I was never big into makeup until about a year ago and am looking for some staple products both nude and otherwise.
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 23rd February 2010, 5:53 am

cool Lilith_Eve, i am always willing to help a sista out!!! since you are just starting out, getting into the groove of everyday makeup(not necessarily wearing it everyday, but appropriate for normal day to day wear) would be a good start. a nice mascara, a shadow, a blush, and a gloss or lipstick!! i know it sounds like a lot, but these few items can take you from looking like you're just running errand to looking like you have somewhere better to go, without looking over done, in about five minutes. my everyday staples are physicians formula's shimmer strips in Waikiki strip, it is a combo bronzer, blush and eyeshadow. i use it for eye shadow, it has nice gently metalic browns, golds, coppers, and a peach tone that look great on brown skinand great for that glowy dewy sunkissed look. i have three different blushes, one is mainly for summer, but they can all be worn any time you want. i have ambering rose(beautiful on brown skin), love crush, and love joy. the first two are sheertone shimmer blushes, and the third is the mineralized blush line, and they are all Mac and all look great on brown skin. another Mac blush i wanted is sweet as cocoa, its a nice brown with pearlized golden shimmer. i love all mac glosses, so suggesting anything would have to be based on you personal prefrence, i just avoid anything frosted!! that ashen lip look is not cute, and doesn't work well with brown to deep brown complexions, besides that play around see what you like(i have to teach you ladies how to smooth talk your way into full size samples [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) i love pinks, corals, plums, nice golden tones, i am being general because i want you to be able to have info to arm yourself with, but also explore and develop your personal taste!!! i have not tried Mac's mascara, my favorite was lancome's defenicils. excellent product, but i have since boycotted!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i am now testing out a slew of drug store brands, anything volumizing, and lengthening really opens up the eye!!! Mac has a great website with great online representations of their colors and products, and is one of my favorite brands, 80% of my make up come from Mac!!! except my foundation, i use bare minerals. i am the type of person to resist hype so it took me a while to try it, but i am so glad i did. as long as they continue to make my shade i will use it!!!! i have combination skin and the oil patches are really oily, and the dry patches are like facial dandruff!!! so creams,and liquids met off of my face, even in winter!!!!! this stuff makes my skin smooth and minimizes my pores, i have never used make-up that improved the condition of my skin, but this does!!!
okay, sorry this is probably overwhelming, but i said i was a fiend!!!! please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!!!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd February 2010, 11:20 am

mac has a good nude in "c-thru" and my fave is "prrr"
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 23rd February 2010, 1:25 pm

I need to find me some nude lipgloss/glass too ... my lips are like a med to dark plum color if that makes sense - any suggestions with MAC
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 23rd February 2010, 1:38 pm

I too have just gotten into makeup. My craze actually started like a year and half ago. I was always a fan but never knew how to do it right. I have watched so many videos, looked at so many magazines, and tried so many colors and I must say I love it. Makeup is apart of my everyday routine. I recently went into sephora to get some new stuff and since I'm always doing neutral colors i decided to step out of the box and experiment with some colors. Needless to say I picked up Urban Decay's Alice in Wonderland storybook edition. It has some really awesome colors that I have already played around in and can't wait for spring and summer to come around so I can wear them out. I will be following this topic so thanks CostaKink!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd February 2010, 1:48 pm

im tryin to get into makeup but since i work so much i barely have the time or effort to throw on mascara! lipgloss is my everyday routine. i'd love to learn the smokey eye effect and ive never been into foundation!

@blonde...ur hair is gorgeous, when's ur BC again, lol. and im lookin for a plum/violet color myself. i think im gonna get the violet lipgloss from butters-n-bars actually!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 23rd February 2010, 2:12 pm

NubieNatty wrote:im tryin to get into makeup but since i work so much i barely have the time or effort to throw on mascara! lipgloss is my everyday routine. i'd love to learn the smokey eye effect and ive never been into foundation!

@blonde...ur hair is gorgeous, when's ur BC again, lol. and im lookin for a plum/violet color myself. i think im gonna get the violet lipgloss from butters-n-bars actually!!

Nubie, you are little late (lol) - checkout my BNB thread my chop was last Saturday.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 23rd February 2010, 11:48 pm

lexibugg I appreciate all the advice Smile I had gone to MAC's website a week ago and was just lost looking at all the colors and combinations trying to decide what might look good with dark skin.
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Blex 24th February 2010, 1:03 pm

I don't know if too many of you guys are into blush, but the best color blush for darker skin tones (ours) is ORANGE. It really brightens up your face and looks really good. MAC also has another blush called Raisin that looks really good on us.
Blex
Blex

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 24th February 2010, 9:27 pm

yeah ambering rose is an orangy color as well as love joy, but they are both more subtle that raizin, it is beautiful but scares me, not because of the product it self, but because i am just becoming acustom to the fact that it is okay for me to wear brights colors, primary colors( deep blues, red lipstick, bright pinks)!! i am realizing they look best on deep complexions!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th February 2010, 9:38 am

I use Touch (MAC) and love it!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 25th February 2010, 3:05 pm

Blex wrote:Mac also has Jubilee and Freckletone lipstick that are nude shades for brown skin. I have them both and wear them all the time!!

I bought the Freckletone after seeing your suggestion and I LOVE it! Thanks!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 25th February 2010, 3:31 pm

I'm not a lipstick fan, I'm more into glosses. I really like MAC Lipglass in Sinnamon. It's fairly nude against my complexion. I really love it.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 25th February 2010, 5:14 pm

I live on lip gloss. My favorites right now are by Kat Von D at Sephora: Saint (a clear with lots of shimmer) and Stormy (a sheer red with shimmer). The Stormy gives me a nice hint of color, and plays nice deep complexions.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th February 2010, 7:55 pm

Great suggestions ladies. I am always on the hunt for the perfect lipstick
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 4th March 2010, 12:22 pm

I like mac lipgelee saplicious!!! a guy at the mac counter picked it out for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 6th March 2010, 6:34 pm

Blex wrote:I don't know if too many of you guys are into blush, but the best color blush for darker skin tones (ours) is ORANGE. It really brightens up your face and looks really good. MAC also has another blush called Raisin that looks really good on us.

Damn right girl!! I tried Optimistic Orange new orange cream blush that they came out with a few line ago...but it had too much of a pink undertone for my skin..but its still pretty...another very pretty blush is Sweet as Cocoa...its an oldie but goodie! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by BohoStreet 8th March 2010, 7:20 pm

Blex wrote:Mac also has Jubilee and Freckletone lipstick that are nude shades for brown skin. I have them both and wear them all the time!!

What about darker tones? I love a good nude lipstick, that with dark eyes, and I'm ready set GO!
BohoStreet
BohoStreet

Back to top Go down

Post by CostaKink 9th March 2010, 1:49 pm

Has anyone tried different brands like the new maybelline color sensational?
CostaKink
CostaKink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next