CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose

+13
ElleX
dajewel
NaturalMamacita
naturallytexan
BlakButterfli
Mz. Thang
savvybrown
Natural Wheezes
CombatCurls
natural83
tressedforsuccess
Russianjoy
Raytay
17 posters

Go down

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Empty Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose

Post by Raytay 18th February 2010, 11:57 am

I have heard sooo many women raving about AOHR and I was so excited to try it. I've used it 3 different times to DC and each time my hair is limp and dull looking. It is soft, but no softer than when I condition with Suave Naturals or HE totally twisted. I've even tried to use AOHR according to its directions (on dry hair) and that was even WORSE! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyhow... has anyone else gotten sub-par results from AOHR? Do you mix it with something else? How can I make it work??? Maybe my hair just likes cheapie conditioners!
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Empty Re: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose

Post by Russianjoy 18th February 2010, 2:00 pm

Raytay- I had the same problem...dull and weighed down. The best use of AOHR for me thus far has been as a pre-poo. I follow the bottle directions for deep conditioning before my monthly shampoo , leaving on for 10-20 minutes, sometimes with heat. I shampoo and condition as usual with my Giovanni after that. Like you, I'm anxious to see what others say on this thread about it!

Russianjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 19th February 2010, 7:19 am

Me, too with the dullness. I tried using it with heat, on wet hair, dry hair, sleeping overnight, and my hair always ended up dull and dry-looking. I get way better results from my co-wash GVP Conditioning Balm. Right now I'm using Yes to Carrots Hair Mud Mask as a DC, but it's going to run out soon. I'm looking for something else to try next.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Raytay 19th February 2010, 12:30 pm

Have you ladies given up on using it? I have most of the bottle left and I'm trying to hold on to it in case somebody has an idea of how to make it work for my hair. I must admit, I did use it yesterday to soften my cuticles before I manicured my nails. LOL It worked great for that!
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by Russianjoy 19th February 2010, 12:35 pm

I bought two bottles of it at the same time, given the reviews I didn't want to run out...a lesson learned! I have a full bottle left so I'm holding out hope for more responses. I wrote to Nikki at one point, b/c I was sure I was misreading her personal instructions for use.

Russianjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Russianjoy 19th February 2010, 12:55 pm

Hi Ladies: I wonder if we are sensitive to some ingredient in the condish, such as a protein or jojoba oil. Just read a thread on NC about this...makes me wonder! I have noticed that my hair loves some proteins, such a Giovanni's Smooth as Silk but becomes a tangled hot mess by others. I'll have to check the ingredients of each to figure out why. Coconut fatty acid is the first ingredient of AOHR. www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=81264

Russianjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 19th February 2010, 2:21 pm

I only use Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose for deep conditioning and I LOVE it! I havent tried it as a leave in or anything else! For some reason, I don't think I would want to leave it in....i strictly like it as a deep treatment conditioner!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Russianjoy 19th February 2010, 3:33 pm

I've never left it in...only used for purposes of DC.

Natural83- do you have to use shampoo after the DC to get it out of your hair? I've experimented many different ways and even if I start with freshly shampooed hair, it's like I have a waxy film on my hair unless I shampoo after the DC. With any other DC, I'm good to go afterward with only a good rinsing.

Russianjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 19th February 2010, 11:01 pm

Russianjoy wrote:I bought two bottles of it at the same time, given the reviews I didn't want to run out...a lesson learned! I have a full bottle left so I'm holding out hope for more responses. I wrote to Nikki at one point, b/c I was sure I was misreading her personal instructions for use.

Try swapping it on the swap board.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by CombatCurls 22nd February 2010, 3:01 am

yeah I tried it and it was no better than just leaving my regular conditioner on my hair. I liked the smell, but i won't buy it again and I really wanted to love it Sad I think the biggest reason my hair doesn't like it is because it doesn't have any water in it. I did notice that it worked better when i wasn't heavy handed with it. I may try it as a leave in when i take my kinky twists out.

Coconut derived products aren't proteins. They just prevent your hair from losing the protein it already has.
CombatCurls
CombatCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 22nd February 2010, 6:21 pm

I hated it as a regular conditioner. While it left my hair reeaaally soft, there was NO SLIP. Just none. I used it up as a DC combined with the Nourish Spa I had at the time & some honey and EVOO, or as a pre-poo.
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 23rd February 2010, 1:53 pm

It didn't work for me as a regular conditioner either. It works great for me as a deep condish. I mix mine with coconut oil, jojoba oil and avocado oil in the winter and I add raw honey to that mix in the summer. That's the only way I use it though.
savvybrown
savvybrown

http://savvybrown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 23rd February 2010, 4:24 pm

I don't really care for it either and I also have a lot left. I thought it was just me because everyone else raves about it.
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 23rd February 2010, 11:28 pm

I've only used it as a DC and it works well for me. But, my hair is INSANELY soft by nature, so it's hard for me to notice if a product really softens my hair.

I am planning on trying it one day as a leave-in when I am maybe home and can wash it out if it looks crazy.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 23rd February 2010, 11:46 pm

BlakButterfli said:

But, my hair is INSANELY soft by nature, so it's hard for me to notice if a product really softens my hair.
@BlakButterfli I WISH I had that problem! LOL!
savvybrown
savvybrown

http://savvybrown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallytexan 24th February 2010, 2:33 am

This is one of my favorite products, I use it as a DC. I love the smell! A little goes a long way because it's so thick. I have never used it as a leave in.
naturallytexan
naturallytexan

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalMamacita 10th March 2010, 7:00 pm

I have been using this for about a month now and I think I am getting build up and my hair feels heavy. I am going to give it one more try by using their directions on the bottle for deep conditioning. If that doesn't work I am looking for a new dc. Rolling Eyes
NaturalMamacita
NaturalMamacita

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 11th March 2010, 1:39 pm

i use it as a co-wash. it is coconut based, and as such, coconut oil has been scientifically shown and commercially used as a surfactant (cleansing agent)

i also co-sign with with combat curls that coconut oil is good to use because it maintains protein in the hair
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleX 11th March 2010, 11:54 pm

I really like this conditioner, especially since its vegan. I use it as a regular conditioner after I wash my hair. I detangle with my "fake denman" while conditioning, then rinse. I plop for 10 to 15 minutes. Next, I add EVOO and style (normally twists).

I have never used it as a deep conditioner - I doubt if I ever will.

I guess it goes to show that you have see what works best for your hair type and texture.
ElleX
ElleX

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 12th March 2010, 6:49 pm

I am trasitioning and I just started using this because of the reviews and I love it. I use it as a deep conditioner mixed with honey and EVOO on dry hair (although I think I will try it wet next time) and leave it in with a plastic cap for about 30min to an hour,then rinse wash with Giovanni tea tree and use the AOHR again by itself then rinse and it leaves my hair soft and I have no tangles at all. It may be that I add the honey and EVOO with the deep co treatment???

I do wonder if I should shampoo first then do a deep condition...my thoughts have been that I need to shampoo after using the honey and then I just condition again because the Giovanni leaves my hair with that hay stack feeling...
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by baby-dee04 13th March 2010, 11:45 am

I wished i could get my hair to like this product as well but my hair was hard like a rock when i wash the conditioner out.
baby-dee04
baby-dee04

Back to top Go down

Post by tkaluv 15th March 2010, 2:25 pm

I love this conditioner. I recommended it to one of my coworkers and she also said it left her hair hard and dull. I guess everything isn't for everybody but I was more than willing to take it off her hands [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

tkaluv

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 15th March 2010, 8:50 pm

I don't know where I would be without this conditioner. woot! I've tried other products but I keep coming back to this. I usually leave it in for 20 minutes. I've learned that leaving it on on any longer than that spells trouble. I also leave a little and when my hair dries its noticeably softer and easier to manage. Granted my hair will never feel like cotton but I think it's all relative.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down