CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Megatek?

+7
erranicole
simplysloan
Synamon89
AmariC05
CheneyRochon
Karameldiva1978
transitioning?
11 posters

Go down

Megatek? Empty Megatek?

Post by transitioning? 17th February 2010, 2:35 am

Hey!

Has anyone used Megatek? I've been hearing so many good things about it. I have thin hair so I've been searching for something that can help. It seems that it works but what about when you stop using it? Will you lose all your progress?
transitioning?
transitioning?

Back to top Go down

Megatek? Empty Re: Megatek?

Post by Karameldiva1978 7th July 2010, 11:16 pm

I use Megatek successfully and have not had any problems. It is a strong protein, so be sure you keep your moisture levels up. It should go on your scalp only and you can use it as a leave-in or a quick conditioner and then rinse it out. I co-wash pretty frequently, so the longest I've left it in is 2 days.

No, when I miss using it at times, my hair has no adverse effects and I didn't lose any progress by way of growth or thickness.

I know this is an old post, but maybe it will help someone else. Wink
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by transitioning? 8th July 2010, 1:17 am

Thank you for your response. Actually might try it.
transitioning?
transitioning?

Back to top Go down

Post by CheneyRochon 10th July 2010, 4:41 am

I ordered it a few days ago. Will keep you ladies posted on my progress. Like @transitioning, I've also heard good things about it.
CheneyRochon
CheneyRochon

http://www.tracilynnjewelry.net/cheneycherry

Back to top Go down

Post by AmariC05 20th July 2010, 10:42 am

CheneyRochon wrote:I ordered it a few days ago. Will keep you ladies posted on my progress. Like @transitioning, I've also heard good things about it.

@CheneyRochon: Your afro is beautiful!

~*AmariC05*~
Natural Since: March 19, 2010
www.annalisa-online.com
AmariC05
AmariC05

http://www.annalisa-online.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Synamon89 21st August 2010, 3:40 pm

@AmariC05 if I'm not mistaken, it's actually a pic of Angela Basset in high school lol.

Synamon89

Back to top Go down

Post by simplysloan 24th August 2010, 10:14 am

I use megatek. And have been for over a month now.
It's worked wonders for me. Reading a lot of the forums I learned that I needed to use garlic in some form to combat the shedding that can happen with this product. So i started taking garlic supplements. (although some use a garlic shampoo and condish) I take about 5-6000 mgs of garlic a day and have seen no shedding yet.

I mixed my megatek with Glycerine, Castor oil, tea tree and lavender oils.
I use the mix every night on my scalp. I can see where people could complain about build up, but i co-wash my hair 3-4 times a week, so It's never a issue for me.

My hairs become thicker and stronger since using this, it's also had a bit of a growth spurt. Nothing extraordinary, but im finally SL/CBL

Im focusing more on my edges..(they're historically thin, but getting much better!) and the front half of my head in general. (for some reason the hair on the front of my head grows the slowest.)

I love it so far.
simplysloan
simplysloan

Back to top Go down

Post by erranicole 7th September 2010, 4:07 pm

hey evry1 its been so long that ive been on...so long story short could any1 send me a link to where i can buy it? and is it affordable? let me kno loves ttyl ~Erra Nicole
**smoochezz
erranicole
erranicole

http://www.myspace.com/erranicole

Back to top Go down

Post by princessstar24 25th September 2010, 8:54 pm

I have been using Mega Tek for over a year now on and off. Mainly my work schedule and me being lazy Embarassed . But it does work. When I started my hair was nape length now my hair is almost collar bone length. My hair naturally sheads so that didn't concern me for MT did not make my hair shead like it was falling out. I also did not get any headaches that some are experiencing. some people are just sensitive to protien and that could be causing the headaches. However I do apply Mega Tek mixed with 1/4 olive oil and 1/4 jojoba oil and apply it to my scalp with an applicator bottle and massage it in. I try to do this about 2x a week. But im rambling lol. But like I said before I have been using it on and off and it does not affect my growth retention. Oh I purchased my Mega Tek through Amazon.com they normally have pretty good deals on Mega Tek.

Good luck with you hair care journey.
princessstar24
princessstar24

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 27th September 2010, 1:03 am

Anyone else considering this?
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by luvmycoils 12th November 2010, 8:30 am

I have used Mega Tek in the past and I must agree with everyone else that this product really does work. I noticed a difference in the thickness of my hair and my hair also felt much softer. I also like the fact that it smells good too. Because I had a TWA when I used it, I would just massage it into my scalp daily. I never experienced any problems such as shedding. The only reason why I am not still using the product is that I'm too lazy to reorder it Embarassed.

luvmycoils
luvmycoils

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 12th November 2010, 4:54 pm

Ok so I am 2 1/2 weeks in on this MegaTek trip. I use a 9oz applicator bottle to apply it to my roots. 1oz of it is Bee Mine Sulfur Growth Serum and the rest of the 8oz in MegaTek.

I wash my hair on Sunday with a shampoo like Oyin Honey Wash or JBCO Shampoo. Then I rinse with HairVeda's PH (ACV and herbs) Balancing Rinse. I Deep Condition next with either Aussie 3 minute miracle or SheScentIt Banana Brulee. Next i apply the MegaTek Primer Conditioner, rinse, and leave a little bit in.

I part my hair in 4 sections and moisturize with a thick moisturizer, Qhemet B AOHC or KBB Cream. I braid 1 braid in each section making 4 big braids total and then I apply the MegaTek with the applicator to the scalp and not touch the hair in the braid. I leave this on as I sleep and the following day as well. So on Monday I take the braid down, spray with water, moisturize it again with any moisturizer at hand, then I apply the MegaTek to my scalp again. I repeat on Tuesday.

Wednesday is my co-wash day and break from MegaTek Day, I just use a random co-wash conditioner like Starwberry Cream Vo5, Aussie Moist or Organix. I don't use the MegaTek Primer on Wednesdays only Sundays. Then I do the same 4 section part, moisturize but I don't do the MegaTek scalp application (this is the day I let my scalp breathe).

Repeat my spray water, moisturize, MegaTek scalp application for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Sunday it starts all over again.

So far I can say that YES it's working. It's been 2 1/2 weeks and i have 1 inch of growth. That's the most growth I have had all summer.

(During this MegaTek trip I have only finger combed my hair in the shower. I don't have major breakage and my scalp doesn't itch) Now I have noticed some minor shedding but nothing that I am concerned about.

My hair hasn't gotten thicker or anything like that. The texture has not changed. I'm retaining length and had a small growth spurt. I will just use the rest of the bottle and that's about it. I will use MegaTek again but I want my scalp to have a break from it. I should be finished with this bottle by mid December and will start up again in April 2011.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 13th November 2010, 3:51 pm

Question: My 4a curls shed a good bit, I have a itchy scalp, My hair is thick but the strands are thin and brittle... would I be a good candidate for this product?

I think I need some sort of protein for my hair to aid in strength and growth.
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 13th November 2010, 3:53 pm

...amd I just looked it up on Amazon. Is this stuff for horses?? lol
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 15th November 2010, 6:26 pm

yes, its for horses