CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm done, from now on....

+4
1rasheda
mediumbrowngirl
Erica5417
MissFierce21
8 posters

Go down

I'm done, from now on.... Empty I'm done, from now on....

Post by MissFierce21 30th January 2010, 1:18 am

Hello. I don't know about you but I am tired of using products that is very harmful the the body and health. Yeah, I have purchased giovanni, aubrey organics, thought about nature's gate, EO, jason naturals, burt bees...you get the point. But many of these things carry harmful products, and I will not conform to this. My hair is better than that!!! I will however, continue to purchase Aubrey Organics.

***Please disregard this. I wish there was a way I could erase it.

Last edited by MissFierce21 on 30th January 2010, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

I'm done, from now on.... Empty Re: I'm done, from now on....

Post by Erica5417 30th January 2010, 1:46 am

What harmful products are you referring to in the Giovanni and Burt's Bees?
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 30th January 2010, 10:52 am

Not everything has bad things, but the thought of using Stearalkonium Chloride (fabric softener) in my hair is making me feel uneasy. But here are a few of the ingredients that's in Giovanni and Burt's Bees:

butylene glycol, behentrimonium methosulfate, disodium EDTA, cetrimonium chloride, and many other. I'm always researching ingredients, and I know that it I continue to use bad ingredients, I will not be true to myself.

Here's a helpful link that will help you:
http://erinely.mionegroup.com/en/toxic;jsessionid=52EA39912EB3FEA56929FB1245A6C12A

If you cannot click the link, please copy and paste. There are also many other helpful sites out there.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by mediumbrowngirl 31st January 2010, 11:37 pm

More power to you, MissFierce21!!!!

another good resource is www.cosmeticsdatabase.com

mediumbrowngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by 1rasheda 1st February 2010, 6:43 pm

please refer to my website all natural products http://sheshay.com

1rasheda

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 1st February 2010, 8:27 pm

I hear ya MissFierce21!!

I've recently realized that my shampoo has been drying out my hair beyond words and essentially, ruining it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Unfortunately, I'm on a student budget and am way too broke to test out natural products[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Let me know if you find some good alternatives [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by mediumbrowngirl 1st February 2010, 9:03 pm

nikkinixnicole wrote:I hear ya MissFierce21!!

I've recently realized that my shampoo has been drying out my hair beyond words and essentially, ruining it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Unfortunately, I'm on a student budget and am way too broke to test out natural products[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Let me know if you find some good alternatives [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A lot of folks like natural shampoo bars. They aren't super expensive and usually last longer than liquid shampoo. Karen's Body Beautiful makes a good one called Juicy.

Baking soda/ACV rinses are also good if you don't mind your bathroom smelling like salad dressing Very Happy

mediumbrowngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 1st February 2010, 9:10 pm

mediumbrowngirl wrote:

A lot of folks like natural shampoo bars. They aren't super expensive and usually last longer than liquid shampoo. Karen's Body Beautiful makes a good one called Juicy.

Baking soda/ACV rinses are also good if you don't mind your bathroom smelling like salad dressing Very Happy

Thanks alot [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'll check out the natural shampoo bars for sure!!
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 2nd February 2010, 9:52 am

I love being natural!!!

Last edited by MissFierce21 on 2nd March 2010, 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

I'm done, from now on.... Empty Response to Your Using Only Natural Products

Post by afroangel#1 2nd February 2010, 6:54 pm

Ms. Fierce,

I say RIGHT ON! I too made the decision to only purchase and/or use products that are natural. We, especially black women, have to be considerate of what we ingest into our bodies. Our scalp is skin and therefore any product we use good/bad is being ingested each time we use it.

I too agree that we should all do what's best for us as individuals, but I TOTALLY agree with you, so I dont think you should retract your statement at all. I was getting caught up with alot of product junkyism, and then I had to realize what made me go 'natural' in the first place; the desire to be FREE from a bunch of chemicals...right? So, then why get back on the rollercoaster of chemicals with our products?

I will check out some of the sites the other 'curls' mentioned for natural products.

Take care,

Afroangel#1
afroangel#1
afroangel#1

http://www.speaktotheworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 2nd March 2010, 12:19 pm

Thanks ladies, for all of the support. You ladies were right and I shouldn't have withdrawn my statement. Yes, I am Pro All Natural Products. Yessss!!!! I feel so good!!!
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by cutiecourtz 4th March 2010, 10:04 am

Au Natural...all the way...I'm definitely on the same boat...after some research, all my products I use now are completely natural..and I make my own shampoo to stay away from the drying ingredients of many of the shampoos out there
cutiecourtz
cutiecourtz

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 4th March 2010, 12:17 pm

Sorry to respond so late, but I didn't want to give you any information that wasn't relevant to my situation. In other words, I didn't want to tell you what I am using without knowing if it really worked for me.

I totally understand what you mean about the budget thing, but it doesn't take much to maintain natural hair naturally. Here are the following things that I use and plan to purchase:
- Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner (Moisturizing) 11oz. $6.34
-Aubrey Organics White Camila Conditioner (Moisturizing) 11oz $6.34
-Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner (Protein) 11oz $6.34
-Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap (Use to cleanse hair) 8oz $3.24 (when dilute it's way more product)
-EVOO
-EVCO
-Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner 8.5oz $5.17

This usually last me for 6+ months. HHJ

If you have anymore questions, pleas feel free to PM me.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 4th March 2010, 12:21 pm

afroangel#1 wrote:Ms. Fierce,

I say RIGHT ON! I too made the decision to only purchase and/or use products that are natural. We, especially black women, have to be considerate of what we ingest into our bodies. Our scalp is skin and therefore any product we use good/bad is being ingested each time we use it.

I too agree that we should all do what's best for us as individuals, but I TOTALLY agree with you, so I dont think you should retract your statement at all. I was getting caught up with alot of product junkyism, and then I had to realize what made me go 'natural' in the first place; the desire to be FREE from a bunch of chemicals...right? So, then why get back on the rollercoaster of chemicals with our products?

I will check out some of the sites the other 'curls' mentioned for natural products.

Take care,

Afroangel#1

Thanks Ma'am. I definitely agree with you. Are you still using all natural products.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacye 5th March 2010, 9:38 pm

@missfierce-- Where is aubrey organics honeysuckle rose conditioner $6?
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 6th March 2010, 12:32 pm

Stacye wrote:@missfierce-- Where is aubrey organics honeysuckle rose conditioner $6?

at vitaglo.com. Please don't buy them all. LOL!
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum