CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dewy look

3 posters

Go down

Dewy look Empty Dewy look

Post by TraciJD05 23rd January 2010, 11:12 pm

Hi - for the makeup queens out there. . . how do I get that dewy look with makeup? Do I need to wear foundation? I normally wear MAC Studio Fix powder but noticed its not looking as natural as it could be. It may be the winter weather or maybe I need to switch up the color again, but was thinking of maybe switching to foundation because I've been wanting to achieve that dewy look for a while . . .not sure. . help!

TraciJD05

Back to top Go down

Dewy look Empty Re: Dewy look

Post by Amarise 24th January 2010, 11:12 am

All the points that you mentioned can help plus moisturizing well in these colder months. Even without those, I have found that a facial spray to set mineral makeup is the best way to get the dewy look without looking oily. It works with liquid foundation also.

I use Jane Iredale's Balance Spray and love it...makes my makeup stay on thru the day. There are many others on the market. I know MAC sells one called Studio Fix as well.

So to sum up, a good facial spray will counteract the dry powder look and allow your makeup to last longer regardless of light sweating, etc.

Hope that helps [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Amarise
Amarise

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 10th February 2010, 12:19 pm

Dewy look! Ahhhh..ive been doing this all winter! I also use MAC studio fix powder...and i achieve the look with the powder..they key is u can get powder to look like a liquid..all u need is some Fix+ or like the above post said, a facial spray.

Skin Type (oily) What I do:

*I moisturize my face really well (if u have dry skin use a rich moisturizer)

*I use a mattifying gel on my T-Zone and places where my face gets oily first
*i spray fix plus all over my face
*Apply studio powder on moist face and really buff in
*Add a mineralize skin finish where i want the glow to be (all over or on cheeks,etc)

But the Studio Fix + or any facial spray and rich moisturizer will sure help u to get that glow using what u already have (studio fix powder)..MAC is also coming out with a mineralize cream foundation that will prob give u what ur looking for! i hope this helps! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum