CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Devacare One

5 posters

Go down

Devacare One Empty Devacare One

Post by Veela 21st January 2010, 1:42 pm

Does anyone use Devacare One as a leave in? I recently bought my first bottle from Ulta and have some questions. I never know how much is enough or too little.. The product is thick and thin at the same time. It's thick when I put it in my hands, but then when I put it on my hair, it absorbs immediately. My hair is left black, not white like I'm used to when I use other conditioners as a leave in.

Whenever I use Aussie Moist for example, I may put like 10 pumps in and my hair is white and creamy. The comb glides through, and when I style in twists I am getting white conditioner in my hands.

The exact opposite from my Devacare One experiences so far. And I've used almost half of the bottle in only 2 washes! My hair never turns the color of the conditioner, which is a pink and I find myself adding more and more trying to achieve that and make sure I have enough. And when I comb my hair, it combs good, but just don't feel loaded down like I want it to. Today I have a wash n go, and I'm sitting here wondering if I put too much Devacare One because my color is kind dull looking..

Please advise
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Devacare One Empty Re: Devacare One

Post by naturalhonney 21st January 2010, 5:38 pm

I just started using this produt actually used it once so far as I just bought it about a week ago. If I remember correctly I think I got creamy. I am about to wash now so stay tuned I will use it and report back to you!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 21st January 2010, 6:42 pm

Ok so I co washed my hair and then applied the Devacurlone. I didn't get creamy and I applied a generous amount when I looked in the mirror I did see white but it looked as if it didn't take to my hair its like I sw white in some places and nothing in other places on my head this bottle cost me $16 dollars found it at a flee markert in Ft. Lauderdale went to the beauty supply store where I live in NY and found they carried the product line there. The devacurlone conditioner there was $14. The jury is still out on this product its expensive so I will use it once and awhile if I continue with it.

Hope this helps you!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 22nd January 2010, 10:01 am

thanks a lot, it does help. I bought it due to the fact that Curlynikki raves about it and loves it so much. I't s a staple for her. I was thinking maybe I should use it in combination with another conditioner? I just don't understand. But I too will keep playing with it. Rolling Eyes
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd January 2010, 10:13 am

This is a product that's on my long list to try. I would ask CN how she applies it. I believe she uses it as a leave-in for TnCs.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 22nd January 2010, 2:05 pm

I loooove DevaCare One Conditioner, thanks to CurlyNikki! My hair loves it too! I use it as my leave-in and I always get great results! @Veela, you are right...it does come out thick, but thins as you apply it to your hair! I make sure I apply it heavy along with water. The one thing I like about this conditioner is that it doesn't leave your hair with a lot of residue. I make sure to apply plenty to each section, so I may squirt out an amount the size of a quarter, or maybe a little bit more than that. Its definitely one of my favs!!!!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 22nd January 2010, 2:10 pm

thx Guys, good info. @Natural83, do u find that u use the whole bottle up in like 4-5 uses? If so, that's not really a good value for the money.. I think I did read a long time a go on Curlynikki's blog that she uses it along with another conditioner, if my memory serves me correctly. The next time I try it, I'm going to use it along with something else. Possibly Aubrey Organics.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 27th January 2010, 12:24 am

Gave the Devacare One another go today. This time I used it just as a leave in and I like it, I had a LOT less hair in my come as I detangled. Thinking this will be my new leave in feel as though I'm being unfaithful to my Cantu Shea Butter been using that since I've gone natural again which is 16mo! lol
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki 27th January 2010, 2:27 am

I am in the 4th month of my transition and I just used the DevaCare One Condition (19.78 w/ tax from Ulta in Silver Spring, MD)

I used it as a leave in when my hair was still soaking from the shower i put a little larger than a quarter size amount and smoothed it through to detangle. It was AMAZING as a detangler for my two textures and the next morning my hair was suuuper soft, the softest its been through my whole transition. As a college student the price leaves a lot to be desired but im afraid it my hair has deemed ita neccesity and if theres one thing ive learned its that what my hair says. goes. Smile
Miki
Miki

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 27th January 2010, 9:39 am

Ok, the next time I use it I'm going to do twists and i'm not going to use as much as I did the last couple of times. Also, I think I'm going to use it in combination with Aubrey Organics HSR. I think I did use too much with my wash n go because when I tried to re-wet it Sunday morning to style for church, which was day 4, my hair turned white. So I had to pull out my blow dryer with diffuser to try to settle it back down. Thus, I figure I was too heavy handed with it. I will do it probably this Wednesday or maybe Friday night, and will post my results.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 2nd February 2010, 3:46 pm

Hi Ladies! Good news. I used the Devacare on a twist out. This time, after co-washing, I applied a medium amount of Aubrey Organics to my hair, ran it quickly back under the water to make it good and sloshy, then I added a small amount of Devare one. This time, I only used about a quarter sized amt twice.

Results... gorgeous, shiny, bouncy hair.

Apparently you have to use this stuff sparingly. Less is more..
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down