CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kinky Curly Curling Custard

+5
HAMPTONSFNST
Hair2Me
ashollan
Ekaette
natural_nance
9 posters

Go down

Kinky Curly Curling Custard Empty Kinky Curly Curling Custard

Post by natural_nance 20th January 2010, 6:50 pm

When I first started transitioning I bought a jar of KCCC and so far I've never used it. I'm thinking of trying it with a braid out but I don't want to waste it. Please if anyone uses this that's transitioning could you please share how you use it and the results you've experienced? Thanks!
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Kinky Curly Curling Custard Empty Re: Kinky Curly Curling Custard

Post by Ekaette 21st January 2010, 10:46 am

I've used it to wet bun (with a phony pony)
I used KCCC and mixed it with Fantasia IC gel (the hold of fantasia is a little too hard to use alone)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by ashollan 21st January 2010, 3:53 pm

I love, love this product on my daughters natural hair but I tried it on my transitioning hair (17 wks post braid out) and I did not really like it. It is ok when I do a bun because it does define my waves but so does aloe vera gel.
ashollan
ashollan

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 21st January 2010, 4:12 pm

ashollan wrote:I love, love this product on my daughters natural hair but I tried it on my transitioning hair (17 wks post braid out) and I did not really like it. It is ok when I do a bun because it does define my waves but so does aloe vera gel.

I'm thinking maybe I should just wait until I'm 100% natural before I use. Have you used aloe vera gel for braid outs? My problem is the constant use of gel is drying my hair so I need to find something to use for my braid outs.
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by ashollan 21st January 2010, 5:33 pm

For my braidouts I stick to a good leave in conditioner (Herbal Essence long term-relationship) and shea butter or jojoba oil to seal. This leaves my hair very moisturized and non-frizzy. The last time I used aloe vera gel or KCCC my braid out was dry, frizzy and stringy looking...which is due to the fact that I have more relaxed hair than natural hair.
ashollan
ashollan

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 21st January 2010, 6:35 pm

ashollan wrote:For my braidouts I stick to a good leave in conditioner (Herbal Essence long term-relationship) and shea butter or jojoba oil to seal. This leaves my hair very moisturized and non-frizzy. The last time I used aloe vera gel or KCCC my braid out was dry, frizzy and stringy looking...which is due to the fact that I have more relaxed hair than natural hair.

Hmmm... I've never tried to do my braid outs without using some sort of product. I think I'll try it w/ my leave in and coconut oil. Thanks!
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 21st January 2010, 7:59 pm

Im still transitioning and I normally do my braid out on dry hair, then saturate it with Lotta Body setting lotion and let it dry. I usually do this after wearing a roller set or twist out so there's already product in my hair.
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 22nd January 2010, 1:54 pm

I use Curls' Curl Souffle on my freshly cowashed strands. I use either CD's Healty Hair Butter or my whipped shea/jojoba butter mix as a sealant. I seal my ends daily but moisturized only when needed.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 23rd January 2010, 1:41 pm

It works great on my daughter's fully natural hair, but I didn't think it would work on my transitioning hair because of the stringy factor. I'd say stick with natural products like the oils and shea butter...
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by herlucidsKy 23rd January 2010, 7:20 pm

I tried it, i've been transitioning for 17mths....its a really tricky product...it left my newgrowth shiny and defined but my relaxed ends were weighed down, extremely shinny!! and hard! my relaxed ends looked sorta like stiff, loose wave jeri curls? ...I tried using a little doing a braidout on wet hair but it still came out weird especially since my newgrowth is obviously much thicker than the relaxed ends...I will wait until i'm fully natural before I try it again.
herlucidsKy
herlucidsKy

http://members.fotki.com/galacticdust/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 23rd January 2010, 11:29 pm

I pretty much had the same experience as sky. Even after a couple of days my hair wasn't that crunchy, but I had this icky white (visible) buildup (eventhough I used the knot today underneath). I'm planning to try it again on fully natural hair.
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 27th January 2010, 7:12 pm

I'm transitioning and wear my hair usually in a wash and go style (just to be clear, I'm not saying it's a great style but the minimal work needed keeps me coming back... haha).

I used to use Aveda's Be Curly, but it always left my hair looking extremely dry and dull. Plus, it was always hit or miss how it would actually look. There were alot of days, that I had to pin my hair up b/c it just looked too messy for work.

With the KCCC, I find that it leaves me with a more controlled messy look that is presentable for work. The first time I used it, I used WAY too much. My hair comes down right below the nape of my neck and when I use KCCC, I probably use just about a dime size on my relaxed hair.

I haven't taken any pictures yet of my wash and go, but plan to do that in the coming days (right now, I only have pics up of my 3rd attempt at a twist out). For twist outs, I wouldn't use KCCC on mostly relaxed hair if you're looking for those softer curls IMO.
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 28th January 2010, 1:47 pm

jamaicanmecurly wrote:I'm transitioning and wear my hair usually in a wash and go style (just to be clear, I'm not saying it's a great style but the minimal work needed keeps me coming back... haha).

I used to use Aveda's Be Curly, but it always left my hair looking extremely dry and dull. Plus, it was always hit or miss how it would actually look. There were alot of days, that I had to pin my hair up b/c it just looked too messy for work.

With the KCCC, I find that it leaves me with a more controlled messy look that is presentable for work. The first time I used it, I used WAY too much. My hair comes down right below the nape of my neck and when I use KCCC, I probably use just about a dime size on my relaxed hair.

I haven't taken any pictures yet of my wash and go, but plan to do that in the coming days (right now, I only have pics up of my 3rd attempt at a twist out). For twist outs, I wouldn't use KCCC on mostly relaxed hair if you're looking for those softer curls IMO.

Please post pics of your wash n go w/ kccc when you can. I'm very interested in seeing the results. Thanks!!!
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 29th January 2010, 11:26 am

@natural_nance, I've posted some new photos on my page: http://afatchickstory.wordpress.com/jamaican-me-curly-photos/jamaican-me-curly/

There's pics of my wash and go with be curly and pics using KCCC. There are pros and cons with both products. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down