CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna...what's all the fuss about??

+2
quincie1479
NaturalUK
6 posters

Go down

Henna...what's all the fuss about?? Empty Henna...what's all the fuss about??

Post by NaturalUK 17th January 2010, 8:18 pm

Hi,

I keep reading about differen henna mixes (and excuse me if I'm being dumb) but what are the benefits of using henna??

Thanks
NaturalUK
NaturalUK

Back to top Go down

Henna...what's all the fuss about?? Empty Re: Henna...what's all the fuss about??

Post by quincie1479 17th January 2010, 10:48 pm

For me, I feel its a great deep conditioning treatment and I'm too scary to color my hair right not so the staining is an added benefit for me. After I rinse out henna my is super soft and manageable. I henna about every two to three weeks.
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Henna...what's all the fuss about?? Empty Re: Henna...what's all the fuss about??

Post by R2D2 17th January 2010, 11:05 pm

For me is a hair colour and condition all in one. I need to dye my hair as I'm about 30% grey. I tried the conventional dyes but found that they had a terrible effect on my hair, even the health store box dyes. Henna is the only permanent hair colour that has actually been good for my hair. Also, I've found the colour to be more natural with more shine to it as well compared to previous experiences.

The downside is that its a lot messier and time consuming but very therapeutic!

Many people who don't need to dye their hair as such still use it though for the conditioning benefits.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggs 17th January 2010, 11:08 pm

Hi R2D2, What Henna do you use to cover your grey?
Ziggs
Ziggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacye 17th January 2010, 11:46 pm

I use the Jamila Henna and it colors my grey a reddish brown color. I dont have a lot of grey hair but the 10 or 12 strands I do have come out that color. I have only used henna twice and this is ther result
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 17th January 2010, 11:50 pm

Hi Ziggs I use an organic Rajathani Indian henna that I get online. Mind you, I also do a second step with Indigo as well to get black hair strands. I have about 30% grey hair now and using henna by itself will create a lot of red hair. You can still get a dark brown on your greys by mixing henna and indigo together though. I started off mixing the two but then did the two step process and really loved the shiny black I got from that, so I'm prepared to spend the extra time doing it.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by mspla 18th January 2010, 5:18 pm

@R2D2 where do you buy the Rajathani Indian henna and the Indigo?
mspla
mspla

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 18th January 2010, 7:28 pm

Hi mspla,

I'm located in Australia and buy my henna from an online shop there. I'm sure you wouldn't want to pay the shipping costs from Australia (!) so I did a quick google for you and found Organic Rajasthani henna at this US retailer http://www.hennasooq.com/usa-store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1 which sounds very similar although slightly more expensive than what I pay.

I've heard lots of good things about henna sooq on all the henna boards I have visited. They also appear to stock indigo too. Hope that helps!
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by mspla 19th January 2010, 5:39 am

THANKS R2D2, this helps alot, I will be ordering my henna soon. I am excited. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mspla
mspla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down