CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do ppl mix so much stuff into their ayurvedic powders???

+5
Jonezy
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
cocoachanel
ChrsLvsBks
AimWard
9 posters

Go down

Why do ppl mix so much stuff into their ayurvedic powders??? Empty Why do ppl mix so much stuff into their ayurvedic powders???

Post by AimWard 16th January 2010, 9:57 pm

oils, yougurt, bananas, cheap conditioner, eggs, the kitchen sink... Why do ppl mix so many other things into ayurvedic powders? It seems that mixing all this stuff into the powders would defeat the purpose of using them in 1st place.
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Why do ppl mix so much stuff into their ayurvedic powders??? Empty Re: Why do ppl mix so much stuff into their ayurvedic powders???

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th January 2010, 10:00 pm

I think there are a few reasons. They could want to add to the powders conditioning properties. They could want an easier time washing it out. Perhaps they want to see if the powder will do something more than it is designed to do. For instance with bananas, more moisture. With eggs, some protein.

All you need according to the package is water. Kalpi tone can sit for a few hours and darken hair so time in addition to water is required.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Why do ppl mix so much stuff into their ayurvedic powders??? Empty Re: Why do ppl mix so much stuff into their ayurvedic powders???

Post by cocoachanel 18th January 2010, 7:22 am

ROFL @ the kitchen sink.
I don't know much about ayurvedic powers, I just wanted to say that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 18th January 2010, 12:26 pm

I did it for the 1st time with just water. It dries quicker in the bowl so u have to apply it super fast.
I put it in my hubbys head with coconut milk...additional moisture and easier to apply.
Second time to my hair...used coconut oil....easier to apply, it stretched out the powder and left my scalp less dry....these powders are actually DIRT so imagine mixing dirt & water and putting it in ur hair. It is magical dirt mind you, but the texture is a fine dirt thats why it's best to add a oil or some other moisturizer to enhance. And no it doesnt take away from the powders only adds to them...like adding herbs to soup...only enhanncing the flava!!! study
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 18th January 2010, 12:42 pm

I haven't run into any post about ayurvedic powders on this board--just henna--but I read that if you mix more than 4 powders together, benefits from one will get canceled out. So I wonder if that applies with mixing too many random ingredients in with them as well? So it is something to think about...

Last edited by Jonezy on 19th January 2010, 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BreezyBaby 19th January 2010, 12:06 am

@Jonezy
I don't believe that using four or more indian powders together cancels them out

I use Hesh Kalpi Tone which is a mix of about 8-10 different indian powders and it works great, much better than using 1 or 2 indian powders alone.
BreezyBaby
BreezyBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 19th January 2010, 1:44 am

BreezyBaby wrote:@Jonezy
I don't believe that using four or more indian powders together cancels them out

I use Hesh Kalpi Tone which is a mix of about 8-10 different indian powders and it works great, much better than using 1 or 2 indian powders alone.
Hi breezybaby, beautiful avatar. I got the info to not mix more than 4 powders from this author of a book on ayurvedic hair care. I don't know how she came to that conclusion--it may have to do with using powder that have similar uses, but that's where I picked it up from JIC any one is wondering.
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ashollan 21st January 2010, 6:04 pm

I like to mix with oil or a cheapie condish because just using the powders mixed with water really dries my hair out (and messes with my scalp).
ashollan
ashollan

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 25th March 2010, 3:58 am

BreezyBaby wrote:@Jonezy

BreezyBaby, does the Hesh Kalpi Tone really add a dark tinge to the hair as it claims? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ingredients:

Amla Fruit (Phyllanthus Emblica Linn) 10%, Maka Leaves (Eclipa Aba) 10%, Mandoor (Iron Rust) 10%, Jaswandh Flower (Hibiscus Rosa) 9%, Narangichal (Citrus Aurantium) 8%, Shikakai Fruit (Acacia Conncinna) 7%, Kumari Leaves (hedychium Spicatum) 7%, Kapur Kachili (Hedychium Spicatum) 6%, Brahmi (Herpestis Monniera) 5%, Methi Seed (Trigonalafinum Greekum) 5%,
Wala (Andropogan Muricatus) 5%, Khadir Stem (Acacia Katechu wild) 3%, Chandan (Santalum Album) 2%, Neem (Azadirachta Indica), Sitaphal Seed Powder (Squamosa), Sugandh Dravya (Q.S.).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Naturoriche"
Kalpitone Powder
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dark, Dandruff Free Hair

Hesh Naturoriche Kalpi Tone Powder has the following
advantages:

- Gives a dark tinge to the hair
- Strengthens hair roots
- Promotes hair growth
- Controls hair loss & premature graying
- Relieves headaches & induces sound sleep

http://heshpharma.com/prickly-heat-powder.html#anti-dandruff-products [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 25th March 2010, 9:54 am

I mix my amla with water and a bit of conditioner to make it easier to rinse it out.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down