CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge Number Two - It's the Little Things That Count

+9
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
LuvMeLuvMyFro
traveljunkie08
rreberhardt
BajanPrincess82
NikG20
divadr175
Tamren
ChrsLvsBks
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Challenge Number Two - It's the Little Things That Count Empty Challenge Number Two - It's the Little Things That Count

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th January 2010, 2:10 am

"It's the little things that count"

Basically whatever you do just post it each day

Like ALatina suggested, parking further from the entrance

Take stairs instead of elevator

Do squats while brushing your teeth

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 9th January 2010, 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Dates)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Challenge Number Two - It's the Little Things That Count Empty Re: Challenge Number Two - It's the Little Things That Count

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th January 2010, 2:11 am

Yesterday, I worked out on the elliptical instead of the treadmill. Need to do something different that always doing the treadmill.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Challenge Number Two - It's the Little Things That Count Empty Re: Challenge Number Two - It's the Little Things That Count

Post by Tamren 9th January 2010, 2:16 am

I walked to and from the store tonight. The shopping center is 5 blocks away and I feel good!
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 9th January 2010, 6:34 am

I left food on my plate at the end of dinner last night.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 9th January 2010, 2:06 pm

I hear you Chrs!!! Yesterday I did 3 1/2 hours on the stationary bike (because I had like 3 bad eating days last week) and the stationary bike is my comfort zone. While I work up a good sweat it doesn't challenge me at all.

Tamren thats great. You didn't walk in snow did you? lol... affraid

divadr, good job! I know that is hard to do. Especially if you were raised to "clean your plate" Shocked
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 9th January 2010, 2:40 pm

It stopped snowing when I went out. Laughing but I swear, yesterday was the coldest it's ever been since I moved out here.
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 9th January 2010, 2:58 pm

I went to the gym today and did a Zumba class! I usually don't work out on Saturdays, but my husband and I pigged out over the holidays (our mamas' cooking) and we seriously need to get it together!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by rreberhardt 10th January 2010, 11:55 am

Although I didn't see this post until this morning, yesterday was a bit of a challenge... Saturday is my off day for working out, so I didn't. But when tempted to eat something I knew I should not have (I'm a big emotional eater and yesterday was just a rough day), I went for the healthier option. I thought about the work I would have to do to work off what I wanted to eat and decided it just wasn't worth it. Today I will make a more focued effort!

Happy Challenge ladies!!
rreberhardt
rreberhardt

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 10th January 2010, 4:56 pm

I'm a little behind in posting.

Friday: Ate out at a restaurant and portioned off half of my meal and brought the rest home for leftovers. Walked around the mall.

Saturday: I don't drink soda often, but do crave it every once in a while. I had a craving for it yesterday, but drank crystal light instead.

Sunday: Usually when I wash clothes, I bring all my loads downstairs at once. But today, I'm bringing down each load individually and after the previous load is in the dryer/hung up, meaning more trips up and down the stairs.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 11th January 2010, 12:12 pm

I was at my Salsa school for five hours yeaterday dancing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th January 2010, 2:40 pm

Wow, you ladies are doing great.

Saturday, I drank a good amount of water [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Unfortunately, I did not eat the required amount of calories [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. Ladies make sure you are eating enough.

Sunday, I walked up two flights of stairs.

Monday, I plan to do strength training. I typically do cardio. I have not done this in a while. Y'all think of me at 1:20 PM ET that I made it through. Ladies, I did 10 minutes on elliptical followed by 20 minutes of strength training. It felt good. I hadn't done it in months. I also weighed myself so I could know my starting weight.

Keep the ideas and posts coming.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 12th January 2010, 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated what I did today)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 11th January 2010, 3:58 pm

Saturday-I drank water with every meal.
Sunday-Did the 1 mile walk the weight off OnDemand.
Today-I'll do the 2 mile walk

I too have a newborn Nick, 4 months old. I swore I'd lose these last 20 before she was 4 mos....yet here I am [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Keep my accountable guys...my hubby wont say anything because he likes me with a big ol butt [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th January 2010, 4:25 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Do squats while brushing your teeth

I would die......because I would fall and choke on my toothbrush, LOL
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th January 2010, 12:22 am

@3c, I understand. My husband keeps asking if I am sure I want to lose that much weight. He's concerned I will lose weight in all the wrong places. If he says it one more 'gin I am going to show him old pics.

@tiashauntee, oh no, stay away from brushing and squating.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 12th January 2010, 10:13 am

Hey Guys! I did 25 min on the elliptical after I put my baby on the school bus, while the other 2 are still sleepin. I'd usually be in bed with them...but these endorphins have me hyped up!

@ChrsLvsBks-do u want to do a daily squat/lunge goal? I know for me, if I have to answer to someone I'll be more likely to do them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th January 2010, 11:20 am

This morning I couldn't button my pants nor put on my wedding ring. I may not be overweight but I am extremely out of shape. So I have been walking faster and parking farther from the building.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 12th January 2010, 11:47 am

I had yogurt for breakfast and so much water that I have to go potty right now.

I also purchased five swimsuits last night and tried them all on to see what I need to work on. (I know it was only 32 degress here last night but I love the beach!)
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th January 2010, 2:03 pm

@3c...finally, yes, I am up for a challenge. How about we do at least three sets of 10 at least three times a week? We can do either squats or lunges. What do you think? I am ready to do it!

@LuvMeLuvMyFro, I am with you. Drinking all this water has me going to the bathroom about every hour and a half.

I have not been drinking the amount of water per day I hoped. I lost my water bottle at the gym Friday. I need to pick up another one.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 12th January 2010, 3:07 pm

Last night after coming from the grocery store, I repackaged all my snack items (grapes, almonds, pretzels, etc) into correct serving sizes. This makes for easy grab and go lunch preparation and also makes sure that I don't over indulge.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th January 2010, 4:57 pm

Great idea cocacolacutie!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 12th January 2010, 5:04 pm

I had soup for lunch instead of Tropigrill with the rest of the staff
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 12th January 2010, 5:23 pm

I did an hour-long spinning class this morning. Left the gym soaking wet!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 12th January 2010, 8:30 pm

LOVE this thread!!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 13th January 2010, 5:07 pm

i walked UP the "escalator of death" at the Dupont Circle metro station.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by earthychic77 13th January 2010, 6:54 pm

I did 30 minutes of yoga last nite after doing 55 minute "Boost Metabolism" Jillian Michaels workout that morning because my husband said he wanted to try it, was beat up but felt great that I did it.
earthychic77
earthychic77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next