CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLEMISHES

+14
beautie79
CurlyChefRobin
Hollis
tsa919
abovealltherest
ChrsLvsBks
brandiitneka
DvaAuNaturel
drawmuhfree
mrs.stephenp.
Syrah
MrsWonza
Veela
nekajack
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BLEMISHES Empty BLEMISHES

Post by nekajack 31st December 2009, 8:15 pm

OK SO I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING WITH BLEMISHES FOR 5YRS YRS NOW AND I THINK I HAVE USED EVERY OPTION OF SKINCARE POSSIBLE. FIRST I USE PROACTVI BEEN THAT DRYED MY SKIN BUT I LUVED THE MASK. SO THEN I BOUGHT Dudu Osun soap IT CLEARS MY SKIN BUT NOT MY BLEMISHES AND I USE IVES SCRUB FOR BLEMISHES AND WITCH HAZEL AND MOISTURIZE MY SKIN WITH COCO BUTTER BUT IT STILL DOESNT CLEAR OR FADE MY BLEMISHES CAN SOMEONE SHARE ANY ADVISE ON HOW TO CLEAR THEM UP OR SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCE OF SKIN CARE.
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

BLEMISHES Empty Re: BLEMISHES

Post by Veela 1st January 2010, 9:51 am

Hey, I know the feeling. I am 36 years old and just now started having clearer skin within the last few years. I believe it's because I left all of commercial products that I was using along and just started using pure water to cleanse and moisturizing with shea butter. I believe I was causing more damage to my skin than good. With our face, less is more. Then just this week, my 18 year old son and I just started the oil cleansing method. Check out the post on that under skin care. It makes complete sense to me especially seeing how my skin cleared up beautifully after I stopped using commercial products on it.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 1st January 2010, 12:57 pm

thanks
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWonza 14th March 2010, 12:42 am

I use Shea Terra Organics African Lemongrass Indigenous Black soap elixer. I have sever Acne and I can see a big difference. I also moisturize with Shea Butter. http://www.nyenzo.com/naturalorganicfacialcare.html
MrsWonza
MrsWonza

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrah 21st April 2010, 11:29 am

Go see a professional - an internist or dermatologist. What's going on could have nothing to do with what's going ON your body (what you put on your skin) but an indiciation of something IN your body (chemistry). I tried it all - drug store (Olay, Aveeno, Neutrogena), natural (My'Chelle, Jason and Juice Beauty) and ProActiv. NOTHING worked. And man was I frustrated. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know this is a natural hair board and we're all about living natural - but natural is expensive, and your skin can be an expensive (financially and emotionally) experiment.

Just a word of advice: Trying new products - you have to give yourself 4-6 weeks before you expect an improvement as acne requires two processes: Killing existing bacteria (current acne) and preventing the buildup of future bacteria. A pimple or acne is typically the result of bacteria that began to buildup 3-7 days prior to the pimple.

AND something that could be working well for your skin may cause a flare up before your skin clears (the storm before the calm, so to speak).

Ask around and go see a pro.
Syrah
Syrah

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs.stephenp. 21st April 2010, 9:52 pm

I recently purchased Dudu Osun soap and for about the first couple of days...things were great and then I got hit with these HUGE and PAINFUL mountains on my chin and general mouth area. I'm not sure if that is normal then it clears up but the last time I used this soap (and stop for that very reason) I has the same result.

Is this my storm?
mrs.stephenp.
mrs.stephenp.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWonza 22nd April 2010, 1:22 pm

I did break out on my cheeks and chin after the first app. But after about 2 weeks of using this product I only get a blemish around my cycle time.

Dont give up.
MrsWonza
MrsWonza

Back to top Go down

Post by drawmuhfree 24th April 2010, 4:03 pm

hmmm.... maybe I should re visit the black soap. I think I am not consistent enough with any regimen that start and give up to soon. I am off the the flea market to get some more shea butter and some black soap....4-6 weeks, huh?
drawmuhfree
drawmuhfree

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs.stephenp. 25th April 2010, 3:30 pm

@drawmuahfree...your skin looks great.
mrs.stephenp.
mrs.stephenp.

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 25th April 2010, 4:00 pm

Syrah wrote:Go see a professional - an internist or dermatologist. What's going on could have nothing to do with what's going ON your body (what you put on your skin) but an indiciation of something IN your body (chemistry). I tried it all - drug store (Olay, Aveeno, Neutrogena), natural (My'Chelle, Jason and Juice Beauty) and ProActiv. NOTHING worked. And man was I frustrated. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know this is a natural hair board and we're all about living natural - but natural is expensive, and your skin can be an expensive (financially and emotionally) experiment.

Just a word of advice: Trying new products - you have to give yourself 4-6 weeks before you expect an improvement as acne requires two processes: Killing existing bacteria (current acne) and preventing the buildup of future bacteria. A pimple or acne is typically the result of bacteria that began to buildup 3-7 days prior to the pimple.

AND something that could be working well for your skin may cause a flare up before your skin clears (the storm before the calm, so to speak).

Ask around and go see a pro.

I've personally been thinking about this very thing. Paying out of pocket, outside of my insurance plan, to go see a good dermatologist. I'm currently using Proactiv and the results are so so. I've had acne since a teen and I'm tired. I'm almost 40 and cannot contiue with my skin issues. As much as the Proactiv is somewhat effective, sometimes I think it's best to get something tailored specifically for your skin.

And I also did the oil cleansing method but started to breakout, probably because I stopped Proativ and switched to that and just as you said it takes about 4-6 weeks for stuff to work or notice benefits. I know the derm will be costly but if I'm happy in the long run and get good results, it'll totally be worth it.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs.stephenp. 25th April 2010, 6:52 pm

I've used everything out there...well it feels like it. Here's a list:

Proactiv
Clearasil
Kiehl's
Bonner's
Peter Thomas Roth
Zapzyt
Basic
Black & White soap
Dr. Miracles
Aveda
Queen Helene
DuDu soap
Grandpas (GNC)

Once I hit the 4 month mark...all my products stop working or my skin gets used to it...IDK what to do anymore.

And I'm the only one in my family that suffers from acne...unfortunately.
mrs.stephenp.
mrs.stephenp.

Back to top Go down

Post by drawmuhfree 27th April 2010, 8:43 pm

mrs.stephenp. wrote:@drawmuahfree...your skin looks great.

Thanks mrs.stephenp.... if only it wasn't and illusion! This pic was just after freshly applied make up.

I did make that trip to the flea market and used the black soap that very night on a horrendous flare up, moisturized with raw shea and awakened to almost clear skin. When I washed my face I was looking at one of the worst breakouts I had had in a LONG time and in 1 nights time all of my painful imperfections virtually disappeared! I don't really remember why I stopped using it so fingers crossed that the black soap continues to work.
drawmuhfree
drawmuhfree

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 29th April 2010, 12:55 am

I have tried everything in the book! The most recent product that i was using is clinique acne solutions. it worked great for a year but now my face is breaking out again and i have these ugly dark spots an my chin and on the sides of my nose. and on top of that i got these big azz ugly pimples everywhere. well i didnt know what was going on till i found out i have vitamin deficiencies. Zinc, A, B, C, D... Hell, all of em!!! I am also about to start using Acne Free Solutions. I will keep yall posted.
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th April 2010, 12:10 pm

Anyone ever used Fuller's Earth? I am thinking about getting it to rotate with bentonite clay and red clay. You can find out more about it at mountainroseherbs.com.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs.stephenp. 30th April 2010, 1:25 am

@ChrsLvsBks I havent heard of that before. Have u tried it yet, if so, keep us posted. I'm wanting to see who has great results...that I'm willing to try. Can you only buy it online?
mrs.stephenp.
mrs.stephenp.

Back to top Go down

BLEMISHES Empty Fuller's Earth & Benzol Peroxide

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th April 2010, 1:10 pm

mrs.stephenp. wrote:@ChrsLvsBks I havent heard of that before. Have u tried it yet, if so, keep us posted. I'm wanting to see who has great results...that I'm willing to try. Can you only buy it online?
It may be in health food stores but I don't know. According to my research it helps with oily skin, acne-prone skin and hyperpigmentation. I am all three and hoping this can become part of my skin routine.

Another question: Anyone else use benzol peroxide? If so, did your skin get excessively dry? I used 2% with no problem then used 10% and man was and is my skin dry. I stopped using it recently after figuring out it was not my makeup.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by abovealltherest 30th April 2010, 7:41 pm

Hey Ladies,
Maybe my routine can be some assistance to you. I clean my face with Hydrogen Peroxide on a cotton ball. I wipe all over and let it dry (it itches a little). I then apply triple antibiotic ointment on my face (just on my cheeks). In the morning I always moisturize with a coco butter stick. Also I apply Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask (I got it at Sally's) to any stubborn blemishes. If you try it I hope it works for you!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
abovealltherest
abovealltherest

http://www.fotki.com/abovealltherest

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 3rd May 2010, 7:10 pm

I am using dudu osun soap as well and it does seem to clear the skin or give a clear appearance. I would say as a mild astringent use witch hazel. As a moisturizer use shea butter, or castor oil. I find that using natural products, or mild stuff helps. I went to a Dermatologist and let me tell ya....I coulda saved 40 bucks copay for what she had to tell me! lol. We need to get some herbologist or something up in here.lol. O, I hear neem powder, or neem oil from the indian store helps as well.
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 3rd May 2010, 7:32 pm

O, by the way I use Rosewater as an astringent as well.
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 5th May 2010, 12:31 am

@Dva careful with that Proactive everyone I know that has used it said as soon as they ran out or stopped using it their face broke out terribly. I heard that the only way it works is if you stay on it. Once you get off you will break out. Maybe if you get off of it for awhile and just do the oil cleansing method it will help. I think it is the proactive that caused you to break out. I could be wrong though.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th May 2010, 2:40 pm

I have a couple of toners. One is made from green tea (1 cup of water to 1 tea bag) and the other is a mix of rosewater and witch hazel.

I also use benzoyl peroxide 10%, going to get 5% next time.

For moisture, I use shea butter at night and Equate version of Oil of Olay sensitive. I add jojoba oil and rosehip oil to it.

When not using benzoyl peroxide, I use tea tree EO to spot treat. I'm hoping for the best.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 21st June 2010, 11:49 pm

Drawmuhfree - Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I've had acne since I was a teen. I used everything, including proactiv and nothing worked. Over the past three years I've been using products from a local company. http://www.wsskinandhealth.com/ - They make a tea tree oil cleanser system and it really helped my acne. I was also on BC pills which helped. I decided to get off the BP pills and now my face is breaking out again and the company closed the office near me. The nice thing is I can order and have it shipped. It ups the price a nice amount but hey, it works for me.

I am going to try the OCM though. I'd like to keep everything as natural as possible. I also saw a tea tree oil cleanser at Trader Joe's that I may try. Anyone used it?
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beautie79 21st July 2010, 7:40 pm

I have dark spots that I have been trying to rid for umpteen years. I currently use Black Soap and shea butter as a moisturizer. I can say that it has given me an even tone look(it hasn't taken the dark spots away) as well as a nice and healthy glow. I am hoping with continous use of this regimen I can clear some if not all of the dark spots.

Has anyone heard of or used bio oil? I have tried using that and did not yield any results but I was curious about results others may have received from using it.
beautie79
beautie79

Back to top Go down

Post by perfection-goddess 26th July 2010, 3:05 pm

i was having blemishing problem what is working for me is a product line called boscia from sephora..i bought this product only a week ago and i can see alot of improvement..so you can try it. i shared my story on my blog at www.perfection-goddess.blogspot.com.if you will want some more details.toodle!

perfection-goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 26th July 2010, 5:31 pm

IDK whats been going on with my skin lately but what has been working has been 4 simple items: msm and biotin tablets, stridex alcohol free pads and nasabb african black soap. I have struggled with clogged pores,white heads and pimples for over 8 years and Ive used antibotics, proactiv, retin-a, differin gel, aczone and even spironolactone to help. The aczone and spironolactone(for hormonal acne) did work but aczone is pricey with insurance and I wanted to use something more natural.

I have been using stridex for the bikini area after waxing and shaving and randomly used it on my face a month ago and it really help alot. I cant believe something so cheap really worked. Plus ive been taking my vitamins on a consistent basis and taking TJ msm with my vitamin world vegetarian biotin and my forehead which usual has many fine bumps, had finally smoothed down. I have been using pure african black soap for a year and that has also helped. I still have hormonal acne once a month but I feel that my simple regimen will really help me now and in the future.

P.S- for makeup removal I use Boscia cleansing oil (amazing!) and then wash with the black soap after. It removes ALL residue and makeup!! HTH

Last edited by Talisa3636 on 26th July 2010, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding proactiv and correcting a few things)
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next