CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Palm Oil

+4
Ekaette
nmoultry
LilMsPuddles
curleebrown
8 posters

Go down

Red Palm Oil Empty Red Palm Oil

Post by curleebrown 18th December 2009, 4:33 pm

Hey ladies,

I was wondering if any of you guys have experience with this oil. I have yet to use it but will be purchasing some today at Whole Foods. From doing research, I've learned that Ojon is basically the same thing as Red Palm Oil, actually American Palm Oil is their first ingredient. I used Ojon back in the day with really good results, but stopped because of finances so I'm excited to start using Red Palm Oil. I would love to hear anyone else's results good or bad.
curleebrown
curleebrown

Back to top Go down

Red Palm Oil Empty Re: Red Palm Oil

Post by LilMsPuddles 18th December 2009, 4:39 pm

Where did you get info on this from? I try to stay away from palm oils for environmental/ecological reasons but if it doesn't hurt the environment I want to try it!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by curleebrown 18th December 2009, 7:31 pm

Honestly just from doing a search online. I have actually bought Ojon's restorative hair treatment which states the first ingredient as American Palm Oil. Ojon's whole thing is that they went to the rainforest to find this rare oil, etc. etc. and that the indigenous people have been using it for years, etc. But then I did a little digging and found out that you can purchase red palm nut oil from organic stores. Here are some links, where you can find info about Red Palm Oil...

http://www.junglepi.com/products/red_palm.html

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56956

More about Ojon and their process for making the restorative hair treatment....

www.ojon.com
curleebrown
curleebrown

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 18th December 2009, 8:01 pm

I use Ojon every 2 weeks and I LOVE IT. I've never used the original red palm oil though. I bet its a lot cheaper so definitely report back

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 18th December 2009, 9:59 pm

I use to use Ojon too! But now I kind of wonder about their products because they keep coming up with new ones and I just keep wondering how many times can you re/invent the wheel
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

Back to top Go down

Post by curleebrown 18th December 2009, 10:29 pm

Well I went to the whole foods by my job and it was sold out. Then I called another whole foods by my house, and they said they were out of it to. This stuff is popular. It must be really good taste wise as well, since I think thats what most people use it for. lol.

@ LilMsPuddles,it's all about marketing and making a profit. Haven't you ever noticed how many leave-in-conditioners have almost identical ingredients to regular old rinse out conditioners, just placed in different order. It's so that companies can make more money. I think Ojon is doing the same thing.
curleebrown
curleebrown

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 18th December 2009, 10:44 pm

I have honestly never thought about comparing ingredients(until recently) like that just how products have made my hair feel and look so you have a very good point...
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 19th December 2009, 3:04 pm

It's funny bc I'm Nigerian and we use red palm oil to cook. I never would have imagined using it in our hair. Just be careful bc if it gets on your clothes/countertops it stains and the stain is hard to get out
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyRosie 23rd January 2010, 10:18 am

I´m curious about this. B/C i´m from Ghana and we only use Palm oil to cook. In its natural state it is hard, but once heated it´s liquid. And like Ekaette said it stains. How do you use it in your hair? Anyone had good results with this? I can´t get Ojon here, but red palm oil is readily available.
CurlyRosie
CurlyRosie

Back to top Go down

Red Palm Oil Empty ANY INTERNATIONAL SUPERMARKET HAS THIS!!!!!

Post by soaplady 23rd January 2010, 1:22 pm

I am a soapmaker and palm oil is the bomb!!!!!!!!! Soapmakers can't live without it!

Please save your money and shipping cost and go to any international grocery store and they have it. Asian, Latin, African, Carribean, remember there diet uses many oils that we don't. And the oils are fab for the skin!!!

Red palm-some of it is seasoned so be careful. Some of the red is just that...red. No seasonings.

I prefer the white palm oil.

Don't get palm kernal oil. It is rock hard. A great oil but two different things.

Hope this helps.

soaplady

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 23rd January 2010, 9:51 pm

Hmmm I noticed this at the supermarket around the corner. I might try it out. I've been using grapeseed oil in my DCs, which I love but compared to other oils it seems to give me terrible pimples so I might have to give it the flick.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by lexi1 25th January 2010, 9:49 am

I have some Red palm oil and yes it does stain!!! I haven't used it in awhile. I bought mine from a local african store, I didn't realize it could have seasoning in it. I better go check mine out lol!!

lexi1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down