CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Products With No or Little Glycerin

+5
Mini
tiphani
jad928
tiashaunteé
*CurlyNikki*
9 posters

Go down

Products With No or Little Glycerin Empty Products With No or Little Glycerin

Post by *CurlyNikki* 31st October 2009, 11:21 pm

It's truly hard to find products that have little or no glycerin in them. With winter quickly approaching I'm doing my best to shelf the products with tons of glycerin, and opt for those that have none, or little (appear on the list, but not in the top 4 ingredients).

Let's start a list here of;

-Deep Conditioners

-Conditioners

-Stylers

that will be great for the dry, harsh winter.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Products With No or Little Glycerin Empty Re: Products With No or Little Glycerin

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd November 2009, 3:55 pm

I almost feel like we are going to have a "fake" winter....I mean can you explain last weekend? That was crazy. Cold during the week and then I am sweating on Saturday and turning on my A/C. The saying goes "If you don't like NC weather, just wait five minutes"

So my fav winter products:
I stick to the same shampoo (Suave)
Deep Condition with LeKair but I add more oil to the mix
I also like to use my Shea Butter/Olive Oil mixture.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Products With No or Little Glycerin Empty Re: Products With No or Little Glycerin

Post by jad928 4th November 2009, 12:09 am

I have been looking for the same thing little or no glycerin so far here is my list:

HEHH
Giovanni Direct leave in - can be used as a leave in or moisturizer
Karen Body Beautiful Super Silky - can be a leave in or creamy moisturizer
jessicurl WDT - deep conditioner, leave in, or mositurizere
Jessicurl too shea - rinse out, deep conditioner, leave in

I am still searching for a good glycerin free honey free moisturizer
jad928
jad928

Back to top Go down

Post by tiphani 12th November 2009, 12:43 am

Hello ladies! I'm new to the site and I love it here! I am truly learning much and appreciate the sharing of knowledge and experience. But I must ask, why would you not want glycerin in products that would be used during the winter time?
tiphani
tiphani

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini 12th November 2009, 1:31 am

tiphani wrote:Hello ladies! I'm new to the site and I love it here! I am truly learning much and appreciate the sharing of knowledge and experience. But I must ask, why would you not want glycerin in products that would be used during the winter time?

The answer is long. Summary: it's a humectant and those are bad when the air is dry (usually is in winter for most of us), good when the air is moist.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 12th November 2009, 1:32 am

tiphani wrote:Hello ladies! I'm new to the site and I love it here! I am truly learning much and appreciate the sharing of knowledge and experience. But I must ask, why would you not want glycerin in products that would be used during the winter time?

Hi! Someone please correct me if Im wrong..but I think that glycerin pulls moisture from the air and into your hair...it is great for the warmer months when there is alot of humidity but in the winter when the air is dry it can cause adverse effects....
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 12th November 2009, 1:33 am

Hi! Someone please correct me if Im wrong..but I think that glycerin pulls moisture from the air and into your hair...it is great for the warmer months when there is alot of humidity but in the winter when the air is dry it can cause adverse effects....
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by tiphani 12th November 2009, 3:38 pm

Thank you both Mini and curly+kinky+fierce. I reviewed the articles that you posted mini and I now understand.
tiphani
tiphani

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 14th November 2009, 10:34 pm

*CurlyNikki* wrote:It's truly hard to find products that have little or no glycerin in them. With winter quickly approaching I'm doing my best to shelf the products with tons of glycerin, and opt for those that have none, or little (appear on the list, but not in the top 4 ingredients).

Let's start a list here of;

-Deep Conditioners

-Conditioners

-Stylers

that will be great for the dry, harsh winter.

Deep Conditioner: Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie ( 3/5 )

Conditioner: Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture : It has one cone at the bottom (Ethythexyglycerin) one of the last ingredients...

Thats all I have for now!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 12th November 2010, 4:38 pm

BUMP!
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

https://www.facebook.com/ImperialDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th November 2010, 4:41 pm

I never stayed away from humectants in the winter and reading this article made me feel better about it:
Why Glycerin Is Okay
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 12th November 2010, 7:57 pm

I agree Tia. I started staying away from Glycerine based products but realized that my hair likes it even in cooler months. So I spritz with it, seal with my shea butter mixture and go on my way just fine. And we live in KY.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 13th November 2010, 2:42 am

This is my first winter natural but so far this regime has worked for me:

DC: pure virgin coconut oil
CW: traders Joe nourish and spa
Moisturizers: evoo and Jane carter nourish and shine

So far I haven't found a styler because it seems like they all have glycerine in them.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 13th November 2010, 10:05 am

Emartini04 you live in the Bronx? We're going up there for Thanksgiving. Anyway, wanted to suggest that you try the stylers with glycerine, they just may work for your hair in the colder months.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 13th November 2010, 10:24 am

Hey alinja - I'm hearing that glycerin is bad for winter months and read if you do use it it's best to apply before a shower. The shower part won't work for me because I'm not a regular wng person Sad

Only when I go out I do a quick wng.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 13th November 2010, 11:06 am

Do u style with glycerine in the winter?
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down