CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^

+36
jlowman1
LaToya28
misskris
CurlyChefRobin
cutephantasm
neethair
TerraD
MahoganyCurls
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
d.denise
Freestyles
adiaha
BindyMac08
Kea::curls
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
HumanNature
tiashaunteƩ
CocaColaCutie
Erica5417
CurlySpeechTherapist
jamaicacurl
A85
rebelrocks
Free2009
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
curly+kinky+fierce
Maria Antoinette
Blackbeauty
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
nmoultry
dajewel
40 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 12 Empty Re: Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^

Post by dajewel 23rd January 2011, 1:53 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Dajewel

Your hair came out cute with the flexi-rods. I have some and don't have a clue how to use them. (YouTube!!) How do you preserve your style at night?

I'm late, but Happy New Year!!

Hey there, kinkynappyhappy!!! Happy New Year to you and am hoping this year has already blessed you, yours and everyone reading this thread with prosperity, clarity, healthy and love!

thank u for the complement!! this was my second time with flexi-rods. i am style-challenged...akin to pre-kindergarden. if i can do it, then you can do it Wink i figured out how to use it with youtube, as well!. all the flexi-rod videos have a couple things in common: use a lil water and something that gives hold.

my curls weren't perserved because i didn't use something with serious hold Sad
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 29th January 2011, 10:30 pm

good evening, curlies!!!

the following photos are a day or two after the aforementioned flexi-rod sets:

the day after the last flexi-rod. i was just happy that i was able to achieve a pony tail with a very small goody band...and i didn't have to tighten it by doubling it...but i had to continually pull the hair since the hair wasn't secured at the roots (practically no tension on my sides). still am pretty happy of the progress. my mother kept calling me her little squirrel when she saw me with with this pony tail Smile
Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 12 Ponyta10

this was an impromptu style. i was oiling my scalp with neem and amla oil (s/n: DON'T OIL YOUR SCALP WITH NEEM OIL IF YOU DO NOT PLAN TO WASH IT OUT WITHIN A DAY....THAT STUFF IS AN INSECT AND MAN REPELLANT)
Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 12 Improm10
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 30th January 2011, 2:39 pm

misskris wrote:Very cute!! I love the last pic with your hair in a fat ponytail!! Or at least that's what it looks like. I love it..,,Mine will get back to that eventually. Almost there, not quite. Smile

back up!! stop the presses!! what are u saying????
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 3rd February 2011, 12:46 am

Good evening, curlies!!

I hope this message finds everyone doing well!!

I have finally cleansed, dc'd and twisted my hair!! I finished my twists Friday night. yippey!! i plan on keeping my hair twisted up till the beginning of march. I do plan on washing my hair next weekend to see if the neem and amla powders really help in my shedding.

so, i pre-poo'd with my usual castor oil and evoo. although there are other great oils out there to pre-poo with(but am not interested in using evco), this seems to be a winning combo for me. i have a good feeling i will stick with this combo for the rest of the year.

i cleansed with butters n bars medicated shampoo. i like it. i really do. my scalp felt cleansed and relieved. seems to keep hair soft and not stripped. i say seems because i pre-poo'd. i don't plan on ever omitting my pre-poo step.

i oil cleansed with my trusty qhemet biologics softening serum. this stuff is great! i do plan on ordering more for pre-pooing and possible quick cleanses in the summer time. i am also getting curious about using macademia, amla and vatika oils for oil rinsing. am getting curious but knowing me i probably won't get around to testing this oils till the middle or end of the year.

i made my dc mix with 4 tablespoons neem powder, i think 3 tablespoons amla powders and one table spoon of tulsi powder. i mixed in warm water thoroughly and let sit for half an hour. i then added one egg, 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of EO conditioner. My scalp felt great the minute it was applied; i can really feel it tingle and do its thing. I left on overnight and rinsed out with cold water.

(s/n: my mother has exzema all over her skin. I made a paste of only neem powder and water. Let sit. and then applied all over her body. Stuff is truth. Will be making more this week)

a couple things I would have changed about the dc mix though: don't add too much honey because the mixture was a little too sticky for my taste and don't add conditioner because really the mixture didn't need it.

although my hair was well detangled, it took me a couple of days to twist because 1) i take my time in detangling because longer, healthier hair is my goal and i am patient when working to reach my goals, 2) my hands get tired, 3) i got tired and 4)sometimes i was plain lazy.

i used knot today as a leave-in because i was getting bored with my usual giovanni 50:50 hydrating balancing conditioner, and did not want to waste the knot today. i twisted with my shealoe mix. i used a different aloe vera gel: lily of the valley or desert because 1) the usual health food store that i frequent ran out of the Jason Cosmetics Aloe Vera Gel and2) I wanted to try it. My thoughts? I don't like how it feels on my hair. Granted, it is made up of 99% more aloe vera gel while Jason's is made up of 98%. But for me, as a consumer, it is just not enough for me to switch. I looked at the ingredients, and realized that I misread the back panel before purchasing: the first ingredient is the aloe vera juice while the gel is in third or fourth position. Also, I do believe the addition of the bamboo probably is part of the reason why the product felt 'rough' on my hair. i need to exchange it asap.

i noticed that the first time i used the ayurvedic herbs that my scalp seemed kinda dry, and so I oil my scalp with castor oil (its a humectant) to help combat the dryness.

i sealed with castor oil and evco.

here are pics of my twists Smile

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 12 Finsih10

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 12 Twists11

am really excited with the length of my hair stretched!!!
Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 12 Stretc10

stay tuned!!

Last edited by dajewel on 2nd March 2011, 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 3rd February 2011, 12:50 am

oh and another thing: did anyone happen to catch the kimmaytubes comments in her video description of part two of blown out hair??
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2011, 8:46 am

Pretty hair. I have some powders and I'm trying to find time to do a dc with my alma and some of the other powders I just received. Thanks for the recipe!!

I haven't watched KimmayTube video yet. I guess I'll check it out today!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd February 2011, 11:05 am

Great job ... i haven't ventured into using any powers, etc. as of yet. I'm skeptical about that stuff with my color.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 15th February 2011, 12:10 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Pretty hair. I have some powders and I'm trying to find time to do a dc with my alma and some of the other powders I just received. Thanks for the recipe!!

I haven't watched KimmayTube video yet. I guess I'll check it out today!

hey there! thank u for the compliment!! am glad that am able to give you some recipe ideas!

kt is a trip.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th February 2011, 1:16 pm

dajewel wrote:oh and another thing: did anyone happen to catch the kimmaytubes comments in her video description of part two of blown out hair??

I only watch her videos. I make it a point NOT to read the comments because of pass comments I read that she left...SMH.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 16th February 2011, 12:36 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Great job ... i haven't ventured into using any powers, etc. as of yet. I'm skeptical about that stuff with my color.

thanks!!! the powders won't do anything with ur color, and so ur fine.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 16th February 2011, 12:40 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
dajewel wrote:oh and another thing: did anyone happen to catch the kimmaytubes comments in her video description of part two of blown out hair??

I only watch her videos. I make it a point NOT to read the comments because of pass comments I read that she left...SMH.

yeah, i know...and i try not to add fuel to the fire... Neutral
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 16th February 2011, 2:49 pm

I definitely caught it. She's so full of herself, but I still watch her vids. lol!

Her reaction to her hair just seemed really fake to me. I mean come on, you pull on your hair and you know the length that its at, so when you see it flat ironed or blow out, it really shouldn't shock you that your hair is that long... *kanye shrug*
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 19th February 2011, 10:54 pm

Hey dajewel....while catching up on your thread my dogs' are looking at me crazy because of all the "ooohs" and "aaahs" i'm making. lol. i really love your flex rod set & thickness of your pony. How long did the stretched style last? Also, do you have a certain length goal? you've def passed a couple of milestones already! yay for 2 str twists Smile

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 6:16 am

Luv the thick pony. My hair in a pony? No go. Not yet. But one day. You've had tremendous growth. Is your hair longer than it was with a relaxer now?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 27th February 2011, 2:13 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:

i hear ya...
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 27th February 2011, 2:25 pm

jlowman1 wrote:

I definitely caught it. She's so full of herself, but I still watch her vids. lol!

Her reaction to her hair just seemed really fake to me. I mean come on, you pull on your hair and you know the length that its at, so when you see it flat ironed or blow out, it really shouldn't shock you that your hair is that long... *kanye shrug*

i can understand the initial shock. i know for me since i hide my hair in twists all the time and even though i can see the length while am twisting my hair, i would be shocked for like a couple of minutes. maybe play in it for 10 mins ( i can say this cuz that's what i do when my hair is in twist outs or newly banded and my hair hasn't been this long and full in years). is one thing u imagine how much ur hair will grow and is another to actually see the growth. nonetheless, i know for me i would get tired after 10 minutes of swinging my hair back and forth and just going thru it. then again, i guess i can kinda see why she is acting like that cuz that is the longest her hair has ever been. i have been used to long hair till i was 19 or 20, and i don't remember swinging my hair like that forever in the mirror. is just her general bullying attitude i can't handle.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 27th February 2011, 2:37 pm

Kea::curls wrote:Hey dajewel....while catching up on your thread my dogs' are looking at me crazy because of all the "ooohs" and "aaahs" i'm making. lol. i really love your flex rod set & thickness of your pony. How long did the stretched style last? Also, do you have a certain length goal? you've def passed a couple of milestones already! yay for 2 str twists Smile

hey there!! thank you for the compliments!!! ur curls are absolutely delish!!! u have attained amazing growth!! which stretch style? yes, i do have length goal:

1) i love how my twists look the longer they get!! i would love to have full apl twists. i think based on my previous growth, i will be able to reach this come next year this time?

2) i would love to have most of my hair at apl when in a twist-out. i believe i will be able to reach this by this December.

3) i think i want 6 more inches of hair when stretched with my hand. i believe i will be able to reach this by December as well. and as of late i have been flirting with the idea of 6 more inches after that.... Idea
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 27th February 2011, 2:41 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Luv the thick pony. My hair in a pony? No go. Not yet. But one day. You've had tremendous growth. Is your hair longer than it was with a relaxer now?

Thank you, JNB!!!! i hear ya about that pony, but it will come sooner than you can imagine! ur hair looks gorg in ur latest set of twists!! my hair is not longer than it was with a relaxer. my hair is about half the length now than when i had the longest hair with a relaxer or a press n curl.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 27th February 2011, 4:03 pm

dajewel wrote:good evening, curlies!!!

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 12 Ponyta10

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 12 Improm10

Thank you Smile I was talking about these post-flexi rod styles^^^

Having APL twists is my length goal too!!! (that and being able to rock a gorgeous high bun!)
My dry twists are just starting to reach the bottom of my neck & i'm sooooo psyched. i've been dealing with dry scalp though & so I haven't been able to keep my twists in for very long (they always come out when I wash them). Right now i'm using Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo & it seems to be helping alot...

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 2nd March 2011, 10:27 am

@keacurls: hey there!! ok, the ponytail would last as long as i banded each night. i didn't wear the second style for more than 30 mins because i was oiling my scalp at night and banded after i oiled my scalp.

am so happy for you hair growth! ain't it wonderful when you see the hair reach and surpass such benchmarks?!? run

is the shampoo drying on ur hair? do u pre-poo before cleansing? do u apply with a color applicator bottle? i find that neem powder, lemon oil/juice and/or acv helps in regulating the scalp. however, i can only speak about neem powder from personal experience.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 2nd March 2011, 10:58 am

dajewel wrote:Good evening, curlies!!

I hope this message finds everyone doing well!!

I have finally cleansed, dc'd and twisted my hair!! I finished my twists Friday night. yippey!! i plan on keeping my hair twisted up till the beginning of march. I do plan on washing my hair next weekend to see if the neem and amla powders really help in my shedding.

so, i pre-poo'd with my usual castor oil and evoo. although there are other great oils out there to pre-poo with(but am not interested in using evco), this seems to be a winning combo for me. i have a good feeling i will stick with this combo for the rest of the year.

i cleansed with butters n bars medicated shampoo. i like it. i really do. my scalp felt cleansed and relieved. seems to keep hair soft and not stripped. i say seems because i pre-poo'd. i don't plan on ever omitting my pre-poo step.

i oil cleansed with my trusty qhemet biologics softening serum. this stuff is great! i do plan on ordering more for pre-pooing and possible quick cleanses in the summer time. i am also getting curious about using macademia, amla and vatika oils for oil rinsing. am getting curious but knowing me i probably won't get around to testing this oils till the middle or end of the year.

i made my dc mix with 4 tablespoons neem powder, i think 3 tablespoons amla powders and one table spoon of tulsi powder. i mixed in warm water thoroughly and let sit for half an hour. i then added one egg, 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of EO conditioner. My scalp felt great the minute it was applied; i can really feel it tingle and do its thing. I left on overnight and rinsed out with cold water.

(s/n: my mother has exzema all over her skin. I made a paste of only neem powder and water. Let sit. and then applied all over her body. Stuff is truth. Will be making more this week)

a couple things I would have changed about the dc mix though: don't add too much honey because the mixture was a little too sticky for my taste and don't add conditioner because really the mixture didn't need it.

although my hair was well detangled, it took me a couple of days to twist because 1) i take my time in detangling because longer, healthier hair is my goal and i am patient when working to reach my goals, 2) my hands get tired, 3) i got tired and 4)sometimes i was plain lazy.

i used knot today as a leave-in because i was getting bored with my usual giovanni 50:50 hydrating balancing conditioner, and did not want to waste the knot today. i twisted with my shealoe mix. i used a different aloe vera gel: lily of the valley or desert because 1) the usual health food store that i frequent ran out of the Jason Cosmetics Aloe Vera Gel and2) I wanted to try it. My thoughts? I don't like how it feels on my hair. Granted, it is made up of 99% more aloe vera gel while Jason's is made up of 98%. But for me, as a consumer, it is just not enough for me to switch. I looked at the ingredients, and realized that I misread the back panel before purchasing: the first ingredient is the aloe vera juice while the gel is in third or fourth position. Also, I do believe the addition of the bamboo probably is part of the reason why the product felt 'rough' on my hair. i need to exchange it asap.

i noticed that the first time i used the ayurvedic herbs that my scalp seemed kinda dry, and so I oil my scalp with castor oil (its a humectant) to help combat the dryness.

i sealed with castor oil and evco.

here are pics of my twists Smile

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 12 Finsih10

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 12 Twists11

am really excited with the length of my hair stretched!!!
Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ - Page 12 Stretc10

stay tuned!!

good morning, kittens!!!!

hoping all is having a great week!!! i love how the sun rises earlier...just makes my days brighter and happier sooner!! also, am getting ready to go to trinidad for carnival and AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF!!!! i leave on Friday!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO PICK UP MY COSTUME WHEN I REACH!!!!!!

here is the band i play mas with, just seeing this video makes my heart race with anticipation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RVsubXwUpQ

hilarious cuz i am just NOW seeing that my crew and i are in this video...towards the very right of the screen...lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEUZR3p7OXM

ok, so i quoted my earlier post to touch on the dryness of my hair. the dryness has since been rectified and i want to offer my theory. even though i took steps necessary in every step of my regimen to encourage moisture and moisture retention i still noticed my ends were not curling up which denotes they are dry. everyday, i moisturized with either water, a condish, or bee mine daily moisturizing conditioner (and this stuff is usually very very moisturizing for my purposes). and sealed with evco, shea butter or castor oil. i finally got results after day 5 ish...and this was after moisturizing and sealing with castor oil on more than a couple occasions. my theory is that my hair needs the highest concentration of the thickest moisturizer and sealer when using ayurvedic herbs to maintain moisture.

a couple weeks later was wash day, as my goal this year is to encourage healthy scalp and i wanted to use the ayurvedic powders more frequently to give them a fair chance of working on my scalp. so, oiled scalp with neem oil and pre-poo hair with qhemet biologics softening serum. did this overnight. put butters n bars medicated poo in a color applicator bottle. focused mostly on the scalp when cleansing, letting the suds run down the hair. even though i wasn't going to wash the hair, i still pre-poo'd with the softening serum on purpose because the moringa oil can lightly cleanse the hair on its own.

oil cleansed with evoo. dc'd with neem, amla and an egg over night. rinsed cold. retwisted, per usual. i noticed that my scalp responded even better from the ayurvedic treatment than before! so much so that my scalp felt more balanced, less irritated sooner and for longer than ever. i saw less shedding sooner than usual,too also, i noticed something pretty cool: my curls and waves were more defined and clumped better when i untwisted them. i used knot today condish as a leave-in and twisted with shealoe mix, still using the aloe gel from lily of the desert...the gel is not that bad this time. in fact my moisture level was way better this time around that the last wash.,,,because i didn't physically wash my hair or the softening serum had something to do with moisture retention (castor oil) and softening (moringa oil). will keep this in mind when i wash next week when am back from my trip.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 2nd March 2011, 9:52 pm

Hey lady! The hair is fabulous! You and Lynnie give me so much hope for my hair! Guess what?!! My first youtube video is up. Check it out! There's a link on the cooking lesson page.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 22nd March 2011, 10:28 am

judging from the new avi, you had a blast!!! looking forward to pics Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th March 2011, 4:09 am

wow, look at that avi.....
HOTNESS...................... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th March 2011, 8:42 pm

I just saw your AVI in another post! Get it mommy! Absolutely fab! You clearly had a great time!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next