CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jamaicacurl

+58
krazy coils
MomnWife
CurlsGalore
crvng4mr
MellowOne
Nikcoils
CurlCita
MahoganyCurls
mochamoments
jcanalena79
NubieNatty
curlyboricua
Mz. Thang
cutephantasm
blondie
bholmes87
Miss CurlyT
StephanieB
Notthecoolmom
Kshamile
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
vmichelle
Juices-n-Berries
A85
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
SheeTacular
Corygentri
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
NylaCoils
Intelligentbeauty
Curly Film Chick
splitsun
Kea::curls
Pinkrage
Courtie
LilMsPuddles
adiaha
HumanNature
tiashaunteƩ
d.denise
beautifuleyez
crustaceans
dajewel
Lanamarie
CocoEuro
MeekMonique
RoseNaturalBeauty
Free2009
Enchantment
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
nmoultry
Blackbeauty
jamaicacurl
62 posters

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

Go down

jamaicacurl - Page 35 Empty Re: jamaicacurl

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th January 2011, 12:02 pm

Just passing through ... I hope all is well.

That paste sounds like a winner and the baggie thing is cool ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 23rd March 2011, 8:17 pm

Hey ladies!! It's been a long time (again) but I'm here!

Lately, I have been watching that show What Chilli Wants and I can't help but admire her hair! When she wears it curly it always looks good and frizz free! I was jealous so I googled what she uses in her hair. (I asked her on Twitter but she never responded! Ugh! Lol!) So I fould 2 different interviews where she mentioned that she uses Paul Mitchell mousse with conditioners and she thinks it's the best mousse in the world! I'd never heard of it so you know I wrote it down on my "to buy" list. She also uses oils such as coconut oil to moisturize and she uses Cantu Shea Butter Daily Moisturizer (I used to use this but stopped due to the silicones). For protein treatments she uses Aphogee 2 step treatment.

Soooo, the next day I went to Sally's and got the mousse, which was actually the GVP version since they only seem to sell that in place of Paul Mitchell products. I also got the Aphogee 2 step treatment. I'd looked at that before in a BSS but never actually bought it. So last weekend I did the keratin treatment and had nice results. I need to do it at least once a month. But what I'm most pleased with is the mousse! It really does work well, even for a generic version! I've used it for 5 days in a row now. After washing or wetting my hair in the shower, I rub some oil mixture in my hair and then apply the mousse. I'm learning that less is more. If I use too much my hair will dry slightly crunchy but the oil I put in before it also helps to reduce that as well. But using this mousse makes my curls more defined, it has shine and little to no frizz. I know I've had this type of result with other products before but it has not been that good as consistently as this mousse so I think Chilli's on to something! Actually, when I went on the Paul Mitchell site to look up the product, this mousse is like award winning so many people seem to be very happy with it. I really think I have a keeper here! Thanks Chilli! Lol

Now, I want to dye my hair again....Smile
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th March 2011, 12:55 pm

Hey JCurl...

Miss yah!!! So do you think that the mousse will work on type 4 hair? I might have to try that out. Getting ready for my washNgo's...lol

I've been on the fence with the Aphogee treatments...I henna which give me the protein, but I was wondering if I need to do the 2 step. (?)

I see you have a shop on facebook..gotta go check that out. I've tried to slow down with my purchases cause make-up is taking all my money!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 24th March 2011, 6:28 pm

Hey KNH! Miss you too girl!
I don't see why the mousse wouldn't work for type 4 hair. I would try it out. I believe Sally's will let you return it if it doesn't work out for you.

This was my first Aphogee treatment and I was pleased with it. The smell of step 1 was kinda stinky but hey, this is the price we pay for beauty right? Lol. But I would think that if you henna that might be enough for you if you are satisfied with the strengthening results that provides.

And yes, I have a "fan page" for my shop on FB. I haven't been as active in there either due to all that's been going on in life but I still pop in and out of there. I hear you about the makeup! I actually went on a hiatus for a while because I think I bought a pallette that I'm allergic to. I started breaking out into little bumps on my eyelids and around my eyes. Not 100% sure it's the e/s or if my brush needed to be cleaned. I'm scared to go back to that pallette but I stopped putting on e/s all together when that happened so my skin could get back to normal.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th March 2011, 12:19 am

Hey JC!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th March 2011, 3:32 am

Hey Chica,

I was thinking about you the other day.

It's so funny you bring up Chilli, since you resemble her............ Laughing .

How are the boys?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 29th March 2011, 4:44 pm

Hey Sweet and IB!! I'm doing well and so are the boys. I'm about to go pick them up from school in a few. Thanks for asking! How's your family?

In hair news, I died my hair today. Home dye. I know, I know it's best to go to a professional. It's just not in the budget at the moment and years ago I used to do at home dyes too. But it's been so long I didn't remember if I should go a shade lighter than what I really wanted but instead I just picked the colour I desired. Being that my hair is black I was taking a risk of not seeing much difference with my bottle of Chocolate Chestnut (Garnier Nutrisse). My hair is still wet so I know that will make it look darker but even in the light I'm not seeing a noticeable difference in colour Sad How soon can I dye it again if I'm not satisfied? And do I switch to a lighter colour?
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 29th March 2011, 4:45 pm

Oh and @ IB - People have been telling me I look like Chilli for a long time! Especially when I was younger but I notice in the last year or so since I've been wearing my hair curly again, I get it ALL THE TIME! But I take it as a compliment Smile
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum