CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moptopmaven Controversy

+35
BeautifullyFree
Duchess52
patmichele
TiffNotANY
omgitsaj
LoveZaporiah
SeanymphPrincess
JessiWantsCurls
kels99
butterfly3000
Pretty_Vee
Kicha
cagebird
CarlaAR
creolebeauty1
Indigo.Blue
Sunshinecurls
Lynnieluve
yldthng
pretty,Pleaseee
tpayne22
NikG20
krazy coils
TXCHOCLTE
Ambitious_Tiff
Nali1987
fuzzypuff
funkyhairchic
Free2BMe :)
MokikaStyle
naturallychelsea
makeupvixen
dajewel
Aunt_Lola
sheabutterlover
39 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Moptopmaven Controversy - Page 4 Empty Re: Moptopmaven Controversy

Post by CarlaAR 23rd February 2011, 4:36 pm

Indigo.Blue wrote:

@NaturallyChelsea...it is equally unfair to expect her family and friends to take over...who knows what is going on in their lives...it is nice that you have a team of people who can fill in when you need them to...that is not realistic for everyone...and yes banks and bill collectors are sympathic to hardships...If not, as soon as a bill is late...services will be terminated...that is why we have sick days, benefits, and vacation days at work...I am assuming that all of you have perfect credit and pay all of your bills before time...
"people are not angry over the bills per se, they are upset about the manner..." give her the benefit of the doubt! If she could have done all of these simple suggestions that are being made such as updating her blog...I am sure she would have...*Monday morning quarterbacking*...

I don't know Wilsons, but these things can spring up out of the blue. Are YOU prepared for when you get sick???

When I got sick, I was TOTALLY unprepared and no, I did not expect my family and partner to run my company. How to operate an online business, bookkeeping, customer service, HTML, fulfillment, etc was like Greek to them. Not only that, they were focused on my well-being. I hired someone. Did it cost me money - YES!

I think (I may be wrong) that sometimes, some people, perhaps like MTM are too afraid to let go financially. You cant have it both ways. I took a loss, but it was better than pissing off customers who don't give a rats behind about me except for the fact I was supposed to ship their order and will NEVER order from me again because it took weeks if not months to get their merchandise.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 23rd February 2011, 4:42 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote: Yes, it was bad business practice to leave people hanging for so long but I also can see how the involved parties could have lost their heads and been a bit out of sorts.

Nali1987 wrote:@Ambitious.Tiff, let's just agree to disagree. I happen to think that as a businesswoman, since you had time to get on twitter and drop a message about blogging. It would've been the wisest thing to do to also inform your customers, whom have been e-mailing and receiving no response, that you'd resume business when you get better. That's it. I'm sure you'd agree that that would've been the wisest business move, instead of getting on twitter and not even acknowledging the complaints or leaving a message for your customers.

Like I said on page 1, I don't think she's a scam and I sympathize. Doesn't take from the fact that she neglected her responsibilities to her customers.

**Dig, dig, dig** Humph... Thought I had said something like that already. Just checking. Sure, Nali1987. I can agree to disagree... Very Happy

Last edited by Ambitious_Tiff on 23rd February 2011, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 4:44 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:
Ambitious_Tiff wrote: Yes, it was bad business practice to leave people hanging for so long but I also can see how the involved parties could have lost their heads and been a bit out of sorts.

Nali1987 wrote:@Ambitious.Tiff, let's just agree to disagree. I happen to think that as a businesswoman, since you had time to get on twitter and drop a message about blogging. It would've been the wisest thing to do to also inform your customers, whom have been e-mailing and receiving no response, that you'd resume business when you get better. That's it. I'm sure you'd agree that that would've been the wisest business move, instead of getting on twitter and not even acknowledging the complaints or leaving a message for your customers.

Like I said on page 1, I don't think she's a scam and I sympathize. Doesn't take from the fact that she neglected her responsibilities to her customers.

**Dig, dig, dig** Humph... Thought I had said something like that already. Just checking. Sure, Nali1987. I can agree to disagree... Very Happy

LOL. Alrighty then, point taken. BUT I was replying to what you said last, not keeping up with all that what was said in this post.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 23rd February 2011, 4:53 pm

Nali1987...I never attacked anyone...please reread my statement...classic! Lol...reread your comments...If you read my comment, I said that there are measures that both parties could have taken...I am not excusing MopTop's actions...could she have done something???I don't know???And neither do you! There were plenty of mistakes...but things change once you hear the reason...I just want people to grant her the same respect and courtsey they would want in this situation...

I think it is funny that I am asking people consider both sides and I am the villain...go figure...
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 23rd February 2011, 5:03 pm

Also...CarlaAR...I do understand your perspective...especially since it is coming from an experienced standpoint...I do not deny that there are things that possibly could have been done...I am not totally excusing her decisions...I don't have enough information to make judgments on what she should have or could have done...

I just think it is easy to answer questions to a test after you got the answers...it is like that South Park character captin Hindsight...after the fire...he had a list of all these things that should have been done...

Things are easy to judge when you are working backwards, after the answers have already been revealed, instead of live, in action, while things were happening...

Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 23rd February 2011, 5:21 pm

Lesson of the day: No one is perfect and we all make mistakes.

I think MTM and every one else will be just fine once this all subsides and people get their money or their mechandise and she resumes posting again.

There will be something positive to come out of all of this.
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 23rd February 2011, 5:27 pm

I Cosign Pretty_Vee..."no one is perfect and we all make mistakes"...

Last edited by Indigo.Blue on 23rd February 2011, 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 23rd February 2011, 5:27 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:
Indigo.Blue wrote:@NaturallyChelsea...it is equally unfair to expect her family and friends to take over...who knows what is going on in their lives...it is nice that you have a team of people who can fill in when you need them to...that is not realistic for everyone...and yes banks and bill collectors are sympathic to hardships...I am assuming that all of you have perfect credit and pay all of your bills before time...

I agree. I would think her friends and loved ones were likely more worried about her than her blog or orders or customers. I could be wrong though. For all we know this could have just been the thing to fall through the cracks. I see how people can be upset but there's 2 sides to the coin... Yes, to whom much is given, much is required but Murphy's Law is always in place: anything that can go wrong will and at the worst possible time. Its not like she got became ill on purpose. I just hope everyone involved learns from the situation. I'm sure if something like this ever happens again MTM and Co will be better prepared to handle it in a more prompt fashion. Those who did not recieve their goods will hopefully be more proactive in taking steps to have their funds returned. That was nice of you to offer to help her out btw.

i don't agree about this at all. why??? because her bff lo debuted her new site a day or two ago...so if she had time to put together a site then that means she was next to a pc which means she could have clicked over to mtm's site and post a blog post. simple.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by kels99 23rd February 2011, 5:43 pm

As a friend of a couple of those "anonymous" commenters that Moptop sycophants keep attacking and blaming for this debacle, I have to say, I don't feel sorry for her at all. It's not anyone's job to be understanding of the fact that she plain old failed at properly running her business. I have my own opinions about the allegations of scamming her customers. But no one can sit here and say that she ran her business well and treated her customers right. And it is NOT the responsibility of customers to be understanding of a business or to comfort her. All they have to do is pay their money. They owe no more than that. To say otherwise just wrong. This is America, that's how it goes.

She took advantage of the trust her supporters have in her and that was wrong. I don't care if you have a disease. If you know you are someone who could get so sick that you need to be hospitalized, then you need to have a contingency plan. If you are a person who can get so sick that you have to be hospitalized and you don't have a contingency plan, well then you suck as a business person. That's not hating, that's just a fact. And it's not the responsibility of your customers to pray for you and not worry about where their money went. And it's not at all wrong or mean for them to be angry about going MONTHS without knowing what happened to their money.

I know two people who who ordered from her back in December and still haven't gotten their goods nor their monies back. That's wrong and it's shady. At the same time, I told them they had better wise up because they let their admiration for a person they'd never even met affect their judgment. I don't care how much you like a person's blog. I liked Moptop's blog as well. But I'm not the type of person who stans for people, so I would never have let that 45 day window pass on Paypal. They were wrong to give her the benefit of the doubt for months on end and Moptop was wrong to take advantage of that. The statement she made yesterday could have easily been put up in early January. There's no excuse. I find the fact that she suddenly felt well enough to write a message after people started putting two and two together and wondering if they were being scammed, quite amazing. To say the least. What a coincidence.

What I find interesting about all of this and what I think speaks to the kind of person Moptop really is, is that in that statement, not once does she apologize for her shoddy business practices. Not once does she apologize to people for making them feel like they were hoodwinked. That's just foul. If you're truly innocent and didn't try to scam people, why does she not even acknowledge their fears about her intentions with their money? And why did she delete all the complaints before addressing them, yet allows comments of her sycophants attacking people simply for asking about their money and speculating about her intentions.

I have my own opinions about the scamming accusations. But it's not even up for debate, she was in the wrong and treated her customers poorly. Sick doesn't matter. Either be a responsible business owner or don't own a business. It's that simple. You don't blame the customers for wondering what happened to their hard earned money.

Last edited by kels99 on 23rd February 2011, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

kels99

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 5:52 pm

Wait - she deleted comments?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Razz
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by kels99 23rd February 2011, 5:55 pm

Nali1987 wrote:Wait - she deleted comments?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Razz

She deleted not only the comments calling it a scam, but also the comments simply questioning what happened to their money. Every "negative" comment has been removed.

kels99

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 5:59 pm

She deleted not only the comments calling it a scam, but also the comments simply questioning what happened to their money. Every "negative" comment has been removed.

[side eye] Guess she's feeling better! Should've addressed and killed the scam rumors instead of deleting comments.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 23rd February 2011, 6:00 pm

For those of you interested .... MTM posted this message today on her blog ...

Hey all! My inbox was flooded today with concerned folks asking if I was ok, if I was coming back, what happened to me etc. Today happens to be one of my better days, and I was urged to post an update while I felt up to it. About a year or so ago I was diagnosed with a hereditary disease called Wilson's disease. Late last year my symptoms flared up pretty bad which caused numerous hospital visits and me pretty much sleeping or in bed all day due to extreme nausea, gastrointestinal issues and fatigue.

My mom will continue to respond to emails while I recuperate, however I will not be filling any orders until further notice [except replacement items, pieces that needed to be re-sized etc OR unless you have received an email with an expected ship date from my mother]. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Those with pending orders will receive a refund via Paypal. My mom has her hands full taking care of me, my daughter, and her other two children, so if you have yet to receive a refund via Paypal, you can also file a "non-received item" dispute via Paypal which will initiate the refund process.

I would like to resume posting this week, however until I get on the right dose of meds; I have to take it day by day!! Thank you everyone who sent prayers, offers to help, my way! It is truly appreciated :-)

I only visited her blog sporadically, nor have I ever purchased anything from her, so I'm not posting this in an effort to prove one side over another. Just thought you would want to see ...
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by SeanymphPrincess 23rd February 2011, 6:05 pm

[quote="kels99"]As a friend of a couple of one of those "anonymous" commenters that Moptop sycophants keep attacking and blaming for this debacle, I have to say, I don't feel sorry for her at all. It's not anyone's job to be understanding of the fact that she plain old failed at properly running her business. I have my own opinions about the allegations of scamming her customers. But no one can sit here and say that she ran her business well and treated her customers right. And it is NOT the responsibility of customers to be understanding of a business or to comfort her. All they have to do is pay their money. They owe no more than that. To say otherwise just wrong. This is America, that's how it goes.

She took advantage of the trust her supporters have in her and that was wrong. I don't care if you have a disease. If you know you are someone who could get so sick that you need to be hospitalized, then you need to have a contingency plan. If you are a person who can get so sick that you have to be hospitalized and you don't have a contingency plan, well then you suck as a business person. That's not hating, that's just a fact. And it's not the responsibility of your customers to pray for you and not worry about their money went. And it's not at all wrong or mean for them to be angry about going MONTHS without knowing what happened to their money.

I know two people who who ordered from her back in December and still haven't gotten their goods nor their monies back. That's wrong and it's shady. At the same time, I told them they had better wise up because they let their admiration for a person they'd never even met affect their judgment. I don't care how much you like a person's blog. I liked Moptop's blog as well. But I'm not the type of person who stans for people, so I would never have let that 45 day window pass on Paypal. They were wrong to give her the benefit of the doubt for months on end and Moptop was wrong to take advantage of that. The statement she made yesterday could have easily been put up in early January. There's no excuse. I find the fact that she suddenly felt well enough to write a message after people started putting two and two together and wondering if they were being scammed, quite amazing. To say the least. What a coincidence.

What I find interesting about all of this and what I think speaks to the kind of person Moptop really is, is that in that statement, not once does she apologize for her shoddy business practices. Not once does she apologize to people for making them feel like they were hoodwinked. That's just foul. If you're truly innocent and didn't try to scam people, why does she not even acknowledge their fears about her intentions with their money? And why did she delete all the complaints before addressing them, yet allows comments of her sycophants attacking people simply for asking about their money and speculating about her intentions.

I have my own opinions about the scamming accusations. But it's not even up for debate, she was in the wrong and treated her customers poorly. Sick doesn't matter. Either be a responsible business owner or don't own a business. It's that simple. You don't blame the customers for wondering what happened to their hard earned money.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG!!!!! At the bolded sections. I understand the anger over MTM not addressing those who have orders still pending,people who sent there money out without getting any updates, but this is ridiculous. I honestly believe this shows how cold and callus people really are.
SeanymphPrincess
SeanymphPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 6:16 pm

@Princess. She did elaborate on those bolded sections. Let's not take them out on context now. If you have a disease you've been diagnosed with, you should have a back-up plan. I mean, Steve Jobs has cancer, I bought my iPad and didn't think to pray for him. Doesn't make me cold and callus.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 23rd February 2011, 6:16 pm

Knowing your rights is key. If these customers paid w/Paypal, they had an easily available remedy to getting their money back - it's called an Unpaid Item Dispute. You have 45 days to file your dispute. Unless things have changed w/Paypal, if the seller does not respond or cannot prove delivery, your money is refunded. End of story.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 6:19 pm

yldthng wrote:Knowing your rights is key. If these customers paid w/Paypal, they had an easily available remedy to getting their money back - it's called an Unpaid Item Dispute. You have 45 days to file your dispute. Unless things have changed w/Paypal, if the seller does not respond or cannot prove delivery, your money is refunded. End of story.

Some people have orders dating to December. What is Paypal policy if it's later than 45 days? Can you still file a claim?
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by kels99 23rd February 2011, 6:20 pm

[quote="SeanymphPrincess"]
kels99 wrote:As a friend of a couple of one of those "anonymous" commenters that Moptop sycophants keep attacking and blaming for this debacle, I have to say, I don't feel sorry for her at all. It's not anyone's job to be understanding of the fact that she plain old failed at properly running her business. I have my own opinions about the allegations of scamming her customers. But no one can sit here and say that she ran her business well and treated her customers right. And it is NOT the responsibility of customers to be understanding of a business or to comfort her. All they have to do is pay their money. They owe no more than that. To say otherwise just wrong. This is America, that's how it goes.

She took advantage of the trust her supporters have in her and that was wrong. I don't care if you have a disease. If you know you are someone who could get so sick that you need to be hospitalized, then you need to have a contingency plan. If you are a person who can get so sick that you have to be hospitalized and you don't have a contingency plan, well then you suck as a business person. That's not hating, that's just a fact. And it's not the responsibility of your customers to pray for you and not worry about their money went. And it's not at all wrong or mean for them to be angry about going MONTHS without knowing what happened to their money.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG!!!!! At the bolded sections. I understand the anger over MTM not addressing those who have orders still pending,people who sent there money out without getting any updates, but this is ridiculous. I honestly believe this shows how cold and callus people really are.

I don't think it's cold or callus at all. Moptop customers owe nothing to her other than to pay for what they ordered. They held up their end of the transaction. She did not. And it's not cold or callous to be angry about that. Without the customers, she has no business.

As for cold and callous, I think keeping people in limbo for months on end and then not even offering an apology or a sympathetic ear is cold and callous.

kels99

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 6:23 pm

@Kels99, she did apologize though. Better late than never.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 23rd February 2011, 6:23 pm

Nali1987 wrote:Some people have orders dating to December. What is Paypal policy if it's later than 45 days? Can you still file a claim?

No. If you let the 45 days pass without filing, you are SOL via Paypal. If you paid via credit card, you do have a remedy through your CC company.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by kels99 23rd February 2011, 6:26 pm

Nali1987 wrote:@Kels99, she did apologize though. Better late than never.

I read the statement from yesterday. I'll read it again because I didn't see any apology there.

Ok, I just reread it and I see where she apologized. It's easy to miss.

Last edited by kels99 on 23rd February 2011, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

kels99

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 23rd February 2011, 6:27 pm

@Kels99...I wish her situation on you....you don't think her situation was that bad so I am sure this statement cannot be mean or rude...

*"It is not the responsibility of the customer..." if we took that position, there would be no GM and many people in Detroit would be without a job...
It is always all of our responsibilities because when you fail...I FAIL...maybe that concept is to abstract for this community...

*So MopTop failed for being sick...hmmm...do you tell that to cancer patients who cannot fufil their before diagnosis obligations?

*The customer has more responsibility than just paying their money...

*You can get sick...do you have a contingency plan???

*Your friends did not need permission from MopTop to get a refund...

*I am not defending MopTop...as with every situation...I like to evaluate the whole story and as many possibilities as I can think of...

*Imagine MopTop being really sick and as soon as she got a moment of relief she answered to you instead of spending that time with her daughter...
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 23rd February 2011, 6:32 pm

@Nali1987...even though you are not talking to me...(lol). I just thought you should know that Nikki deletes comments also...

MopTop admitted to deleting posts...there was nothing secret about it...
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by SeanymphPrincess 23rd February 2011, 6:32 pm

Nali1987 wrote:@Princess. She did elaborate on those bolded sections. Let's not take them out on context now. If you have a disease you've been diagnosed with, you should have a back-up plan. I mean, Steve Jobs has cancer, I bought my iPad and didn't think to pray for him. Doesn't make me cold and callus.

@bolded
I do agree. A back up plan should have been in order.Hopefully she learns from this and does a better job just in case anything like this happens again. I understand where you are coming from, but to literally say "I don't care if you have a disease" seems very cold to me. God forbid anyone gets stricken with something life threatening!!!

Last edited by SeanymphPrincess on 23rd February 2011, 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeanymphPrincess
SeanymphPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 6:34 pm

yldthng wrote:
Nali1987 wrote:Some people have orders dating to December. What is Paypal policy if it's later than 45 days? Can you still file a claim?

No. If you let the 45 days pass without filing, you are SOL via Paypal. If you paid via credit card, you do have a remedy through your CC company.

Oh okay. But if you used your credit card and not paypal, it seems to me that you're going to have to go through a little trouble to get your money back. I don't know about American bank policies, but I read in the comments that she alledgedly did send out shipping-notices for products that didn't arrive. How are you going to prove you didn't get a product? It all seems so complicated to me. Banks don't just refund stuff that easily over here.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum