CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moptopmaven Controversy

+35
BeautifullyFree
Duchess52
patmichele
TiffNotANY
omgitsaj
LoveZaporiah
SeanymphPrincess
JessiWantsCurls
kels99
butterfly3000
Pretty_Vee
Kicha
cagebird
CarlaAR
creolebeauty1
Indigo.Blue
Sunshinecurls
Lynnieluve
yldthng
pretty,Pleaseee
tpayne22
NikG20
krazy coils
TXCHOCLTE
Ambitious_Tiff
Nali1987
fuzzypuff
funkyhairchic
Free2BMe :)
MokikaStyle
naturallychelsea
makeupvixen
dajewel
Aunt_Lola
sheabutterlover
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Moptopmaven Controversy - Page 3 Empty Re: Moptopmaven Controversy

Post by creolebeauty1 23rd February 2011, 3:23 am

TO whom much is given much is tested and required , with every benefit comes consequences that's the downfall of being your own boss if she worked for a company she could call in sick but because she was responsible for her work she should have taken measures before the situation deteriorate and people accusing her of being a scammer , with that said this is why i;m usually hesitant to make purchases from smaller scales businesses online because truth be told you never know the outcome of that transaction
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 23rd February 2011, 4:11 am

TXCHOCLTE wrote:How ironic...I JUST received this email...

GREETINGS,

I AM WRITING THIS ON BEHALF OF MY DAUGHTER NIKOLE. I DEEPLY REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT NIKOLE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FULFILL YOUR ORDER. NIKOLE'S HEALTH HAS NOT IMPROVED AND WE CANNOT FORESEE A TIME THAT SHE WOULD BE WELL ENOUGH TO EVEN BEGIN WORKING AGAIN. I KNOW THAT YOU ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED AND I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION. YOU HAVE BEEN VERY PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS. I WISH THAT THERE WAS MORE THAT I COULD DO TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. IN ORDER FOR YOU TO RECEIVE A FULL REFUND SIMPLY FILE A DISPUTE THROUGH PAYPAL AND YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED. TO ALL OF YOU THAT SENT E-MAILS OF ENCOURAGEMENT THANK YOU SO MUCH. PLEASE KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS BECAUSE WE ARE GOING THROUGH A VERY DIFFICULT PERIOD. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK.

SINCERELY, ANDREA CROWE

Wow.

A part of me wished she was scamming and not really seriously ill. I wish her, her daughter, mother and family the best. With that said...

Until November, I ran an online retail store for two years. Just a couple of months after I opened for business, I was diagnosed with a chronic neurological illness. I had a flare up that took me out of my day job for good and yanked me away from the business. While I was ill, there were weeks that I STOPPED taking orders and when I felt I could reopen the site, I delegated responsibility to others. Though I took a hit financially, it was better than having customers wait for orders that I could not ship. I eventually sold the business because it was getting to be too much to handle alone.

It was easier being employed and having PTO, short and long-term disability, having paid into SSDI and other life/accident accounts than being totally on your own with a business while dealing with a chronic illness...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzypuff 23rd February 2011, 8:53 am

IMO, people get these emotional attachments to individuals they have never met. You follow them, read their blogs, and to you, they seem like family. However, we don't know them from a can of paint. To me if you have a business and I order a product from you, I expect my product. I personally dont care about what's going on in your personal life, as I'm sure they wouldn't care about my situation if i failed to make a payment on a service they provided to me. It's not about being uncaring, or disrespectful. It's about expectations of a service. She has friends who could have updated her page and halted the ordering process. While she was well enough to tweet, she could have updated her page then. It's just bad business. Lesson learned.
fuzzypuff
fuzzypuff

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 23rd February 2011, 9:10 am

After hearing both sides I feel that I simply have to say this. As much as I sympathise with MopTop and wish her a speedy recovery I feel that she is a bad business woman and this situation has highlighted this. If she has been in a terrible accident of course I would not expect her to update in surgery. I am not that heartless. In fct the commenters were not even suggesting that she do it rather they called for her mother or Lo.

Secondly when money is exchanged two persons have entered into a contract. If one person can not produce on their end it is up to that individual to notify the other. I have been abesent from school for medical records and unable to call in however someone who was able to, namely my parents had to do so for me because my prolonged and unexplained absence could get them a knock on the door from social services. If I can not pay my bills because of illness should I not notify my bank and simply expect them to be sympathetic about my illness after 3 months. In these examples I am tying to show that all of us at some point in time have to be held accountable in notifying someone. If she had simply abandoned the blog then one could say that she owes no one but her sponsors an explanation. However, if you have taken monay from someone even if it is a dollar you simply can not leave then in the dark for 3 months. Seriously there had to be someone who could spare 5 minutes to avoid her reputation being tarnished like that. We have to remember that she is running a business and the goal is to make a profit and expand your customer base not have everyone want refunds and lose them. Had she written a simple explanation on the blog from the get go and shut down the site so she could no longer accept money she would not have been vilified like she was. Granted some would not have understood but I do believe the majority would have sympathized like they did for the first two months.

I do not believe that people are angry over the money per se rather, they are upset about the manner in which the situation was handled and her lack of proffesionalism. Simply because we like her blog does not mean that she is not accountable to her paying customers. As a small business owner she should have alocated someone to be her mouthpiece in a case like this one especially since this is a pre existing conditioning and not one that sprung up out of the blue. If she was unwilling to create her business properly then she should not have started it in the first place. Businesses have to be run efficiently and are not just about buying and selling goods and she should have known that. Frankly I refuse to believe that she had no one to put into action the necessary procedures. I believe she simply did not see the need for it until she saw the negative comments because she lacks the ability to run a businessis. This does not mean that she is doomed for failure as a class or two can fix that. Plus I do believe she has learned her lesson and the next time it occurs she will do the right thing.

As much as I love her blog and sympathise with her she gets the wag of the finger.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 23rd February 2011, 9:52 am

Thank you so much naturallychelsea!
I agree with you 100%.

The reason why I and some others expected her or someone close to her to give some sort of notification is because that is what would be expected of you in real life if you have a JOB or BUSINESS.

Try not calling in sick for 2 months and see if you still have your job. lol You can't compare what MTM/Nikole did to taking sick leave. Sick leave implies that some sort of notification was given and a leave of absence was granted by your employer. There was no notification until almost 2 months after last contact by MTM/Nikole.

If you're a business owner try not showing up at your place of business for 2 months or paying your bills for 2 months and see if you still have customers or utilities.

It's not "MEMEMEME" or selfish to expect people to be responsible and follow through on their responsibilities or give notification when they are not able to due to illness. As naturallychelsea stated, MTM/Nikole entered into a contract when she accepted payment from people as customers of her jewelry business.

And yes, I have been in situations where I had an illness and was not able to work. I had to call in or have someone call in for me if I wasn't able. Likewise, I have called in on behalf of loved ones who were ill or hospitalized. It takes less time to do this than to leave your sick loved one to use the bathroom or get something to eat. So on the real - it's doable and gets done. It just wasn't done in this situation.

I do wish MTM/Nikole and her family the best. But I still hope things work out for those who invested in her business and did not receive their products and feel the situation was not handled properly.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by cagebird 23rd February 2011, 11:07 am

It seems since MTM was sick, and she delegated the responsibility of running the jewelry business to her mom. Sadly mom was overwhelmed and unable to handle things properly. Mom should have asked someone else to handle the business, or just issued refunds instantly. The fact that mom did nothing, put MTM and the business in a bad place. I agree with most of you ladies if a notice was sent out to the buyers earlier explaining the situation, and offering a refund MTM would not have been slandered. Waiting months for a product that I have already paid for would also leave me feeling uneasy. Hopefully all the women will get a refund quickly, and MTM will recovery nicely.
cagebird
cagebird

http://www.darkerthanbrown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 23rd February 2011, 11:59 am

i also agree with most that responded on this thread. it's not about "ME ME ME ME ME" and "get a grip is only a couple of dollars (since when is dropping $200 on some earrings a couple of dollars??)" it is how it was handled. someone could have placed a simple blog entry on her blog stating 'i/she will not be accepting/making/sending orders until further notice, once her/my illness is in remission' earlier this month instead of the tweet she placed. simple. i feel for everyone that felt they were scammed.

aunt_lola, naturallycheslsea and yldthng said it so well!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicha 23rd February 2011, 12:59 pm

fuzzypuff wrote:IMO, people get these emotional attachments to individuals they have never met. You follow them, read their blogs, and to you, they seem like family. However, we don't know them from a can of paint. To me if you have a business and I order a product from you, I expect my product. I personally dont care about what's going on in your personal life, as I'm sure they wouldn't care about my situation if i failed to make a payment on a service they provided to me. It's not about being uncaring, or disrespectful. It's about expectations of a service. She has friends who could have updated her page and halted the ordering process. While she was well enough to tweet, she could have updated her page then. It's just bad business. Lesson learned.

Yes, yes, and yes!!
Kicha
Kicha

http://public.fotki.com/Kicha/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 23rd February 2011, 1:29 pm

fuzzypuff wrote:They goin hard on her in the comment section....I hope she gets a team together to ship people their paid for product. Not a good look.

I'm thinking if she's been sick this long it might be something serious like cancer or sickle cell. Those types of diseases have the ability to take over your life and prevent you from doing even simple tasks. However I think she should as you said above, gather a team to help her either click the button in paypal to have folks refunded or for someone to take the orders to the post office. That is strange about the fake tracking numbers and I hope that isn't true.

It's funny how folks are so quick to turn and jump on someone when things don't work out or start to look not as good as they thought. I say before anyone jumps the gun, they should wait to hear from her--yes it has been a while but you never know what someone is going through. She could ask her mom or Lo to log in for her and send out a mass email to those that purchased from her or a quick blog post saying whats up. She shouldn't have to share the details of her illness because I think she would have done that by now if she wanted to and that's a private matter. I do think I think at the VERY least, the people that purchased from her are really owed a refund or their merchandise & a HUGE apology.

And who knows..she could have started that first blog and didnt really feel inspired so she changed the name of it and moved to MopTopMaven. Timing is everything so it probably wasnt the time for Frank & Myrrh to be introduced yet. She first had to build an audience/demographic AND an interest in her product. Nothing wrong with that at all.

We all have dreams and possibly that was one of hers and for a business to succeed, people must buy and the biggest way to reach a demographic is online. I just hope that everything was in good intention and that she REALLY has good reason to be away this long.
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 23rd February 2011, 1:33 pm

TXCHOCLTE wrote:How ironic...I JUST received this email...

GREETINGS,

I AM WRITING THIS ON BEHALF OF MY DAUGHTER NIKOLE. I DEEPLY REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT NIKOLE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FULFILL YOUR ORDER. NIKOLE'S HEALTH HAS NOT IMPROVED AND WE CANNOT FORESEE A TIME THAT SHE WOULD BE WELL ENOUGH TO EVEN BEGIN WORKING AGAIN. I KNOW THAT YOU ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED AND I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION. YOU HAVE BEEN VERY PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS. I WISH THAT THERE WAS MORE THAT I COULD DO TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. IN ORDER FOR YOU TO RECEIVE A FULL REFUND SIMPLY FILE A DISPUTE THROUGH PAYPAL AND YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED. TO ALL OF YOU THAT SENT E-MAILS OF ENCOURAGEMENT THANK YOU SO MUCH. PLEASE KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS BECAUSE WE ARE GOING THROUGH A VERY DIFFICULT PERIOD. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK.

SINCERELY, ANDREA CROWE

ok after i typed all that i just saw this...

See..man you never know what people have going on. Just because they look well fine and happy in pictures and tell you about their positive thoughts does not mean they are doing well healthwise. Maybe this blog and business was something she wanted to do to keep her mind off of the sickness.

Whatever it is she is in my prayers!!! I hope she's gonna be alright :-( Crying or Very sad No
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 23rd February 2011, 2:03 pm

You can't make jewelry with these symptoms.......

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001789

I've never been seriously ill, but I have owned a boutique business online and brick & mortar. Its hard work on your own, especially if you do everything from the bookkeeping to the buying to the customer service, website updates......anyway I was on bed rest for 2 months during my pregnancy. After that whole time out of my store trying to still work on the couch with my computer and on the phone with the temp employee and worrying about the bills, etc.. I wish I had just put a sign on the door, a memo on the webpage and chilled the hell out. Its all a learning process.

Get Healthy MopTop Very Happy
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 23rd February 2011, 2:10 pm

butterfly3000 wrote:You can't make jewelry with these symptoms.......

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001789

I've never been seriously ill, but I have owned a boutique business online and brick & mortar. Its hard work on your own, especially if you do everything from the bookkeeping to the buying to the customer service, website updates......anyway I was on bed rest for 2 months during my pregnancy. After that whole time out of my store trying to still work on the couch with my computer and on the phone with the temp employee and worrying about the bills, etc.. I wish I had just put a sign on the door, a memo on the webpage and chilled the hell out. Its all a learning process.

Get Healthy MopTop Very Happy

Heck naw you can't...that's exactly what I was talking about...illnesses like that. That's the kind of sick that won't have you thinking about anything else.
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 23rd February 2011, 2:11 pm

I totally agree with Ambitious_Tiff, butterfly_3000, and Pretty_Vee!!!

@Ambitious_Tiff...to answer your question, "has anyone taken time to consider how they would act or be able to function in her situation?" NO!!! It is easier to place blame...

It is easier to blame MopTop instead of taking accountability and canceling your order. Let's think of all the things YOU could have done instead of all the things she should have done...(i actually prefer a combination of both "what I could have dones" and "what you should have dones"...but for the sake of argument)...

@FuzzyPuff...it is not about having emotional attachments...it is about BEING HUMAN...I hope your employer has the same attitude you do WHEN you have an emergency in your life. I hope your employer says they dont care about what is going on in your life and how they expect services...

@NaturallyChelsea...it is equally unfair to expect her family and friends to take over...who knows what is going on in their lives...it is nice that you have a team of people who can fill in when you need them to...that is not realistic for everyone...and yes banks and bill collectors are sympathic to hardships...If not, as soon as a bill is late...services will be terminated...that is why we have sick days, benefits, and vacation days at work...I am assuming that all of you have perfect credit and pay all of your bills before time...
"people are not angry over the bills per se, they are upset about the manner..." give her the benefit of the doubt! If she could have done all of these simple suggestions that are being made such as updating her blog...I am sure she would have...*Monday morning quarterbacking*...

I don't know Wilsons, but these things can spring up out of the blue. Are YOU prepared for when you get sick???

@Aunt_Lola...I have a friend with a cronic illness and yes she misses months of work at times and she still has a job...I have another friend who just went through chemo and it has been over 6 months since she has been to work ans yes she still has a job...

I am so happy some of you are not running the world!

I also love the way everyone has answers to her problem and what other people in her life should have done...has anyone offered to do all of the things you suggested everyone else should have done??? YES I DID!!! I emailed her and offered to help...because we are all beautifully human...

"Goodnight cruel world...I'll see you in the morning..."

Last edited by Indigo.Blue on 23rd February 2011, 3:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 2:25 pm

@ Indigo.Blue, I don't think anyone expected her family and friends to take over. But as a businesswoman, you have certain responsibilities to your customers. They shouldn't have to guess about what happened to their money, or if their creditcards and personal information are in trustworthy hands (fraud) or if they'll get their money's worth. You said they should've cancelled their orders but until yesterday no one knew what was going on with MopTopMaven. I remember reading a post about her mother taking over. It wouldn't have been hard for her to a) post a two sentence message informing paying-customers that Nikole is sick and to be understanding or b) to get anyone with knowledge of computers to leave that message. It wouldn't have taken much of her time. She went without an update for more than 7 weeks.

It's common courtesy to inform your customers if you're not going to be able to fulfill orders.

I'm sure your friends who are sick, informed their bosses that they wouldn't be able to work for a while. It's just common courtesy to inform those who depend on you or whom you are legally bound to perform certain services for, that you won't be able to do any of that for a while. And doing that wouldn't have taken more than ten minutes of her time. A message via twitter would've been sufficent.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 23rd February 2011, 2:33 pm

@indigo.blue: keep in mind even those that had/have a business and responded to this thread don't agree with ur logic, as they offered the same solutions as almost everyone else on this blog. honestly, people with your logic should not run this world (s/n: cattyness is not my nature but i have a tendency in pointing out the obvious that people see but don't verbally acknowledge).
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 2:40 pm

dajewel wrote:@indigo.blue: keep in mind even those that had/have a business and responded to this thread don't agree with ur logic, as they offered the same solutions as almost everyone else on this blog. honestly, people with your logic should not run this world.

Yeah, I agree. The world would probably crash and burn. Financial systems would go to ruin and the worldwide economy would dive into a recession, lol! Apple's Steve Jobs with like a running nose or something sends thousand of investors into a frenzy. Imagine if he dissapeared for seven weeks without a notice. The board would demand his resignation. It's just common courtesy and responsible business practices to communicate to your customers if you're not going to be able to fulfill orders. You don't have to make earrings in your sickbed with an infusion pump. Just tell your customers what's going on. Especially with identity theft and fraud being so popular these days.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 23rd February 2011, 2:53 pm

Indigo.Blue wrote:@NaturallyChelsea...it is equally unfair to expect her family and friends to take over...who knows what is going on in their lives...it is nice that you have a team of people who can fill in when you need them to...that is not realistic for everyone...and yes banks and bill collectors are sympathic to hardships...I am assuming that all of you have perfect credit and pay all of your bills before time...

I agree. I would think her friends and loved ones were likely more worried about her than her blog or orders or customers. I could be wrong though. For all we know this could have just been the thing to fall through the cracks. I see how people can be upset but there's 2 sides to the coin... Yes, to whom much is given, much is required but Murphy's Law is always in place: anything that can go wrong will and at the worst possible time. Its not like she got became ill on purpose. I just hope everyone involved learns from the situation. I'm sure if something like this ever happens again MTM and Co will be better prepared to handle it in a more prompt fashion. Those who did not recieve their goods will hopefully be more proactive in taking steps to have their funds returned. That was nice of you to offer to help her out btw.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 3:00 pm

@AmibitiousTiff, come on, if you had a business and you had been diagnosed with a disease a while back (so you know about the disease, you know the symptons, etc) and you had orders that needed to be processed and people e-mailing you on a regular basis with NO response (which is a form of taking proactive steps), wouldn't you get someone to post a message (like two sentences) to inform your customers about what's going on? Would you really wait after people starting making their complaints publically before giving an explanation?

Remember she didn't post an explanation even AFTER she got back on twitter. You can post on twitter but you can't type "Customers, I am seriously sick. Please be patient with me. All orders will be handled."

It's not like she was running a lemonade stand.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzypuff 23rd February 2011, 3:07 pm

@Indigo.Blue:

Can you lend me 20 bucks? I'm experiencing my own personal emergency, it's called I Aint Got Nothing To Eat Here At Work. I'll pay you back when I get around to it Very Happy

(just trying to lighten the mood, folks)
fuzzypuff
fuzzypuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 23rd February 2011, 3:38 pm

Indigo.Blue wrote: @Aunt_Lola...I have a friend with a cronic illness and yes she misses months of work at times and she still has a job...I have another friend who just went through chemo and it has been over 6 months since she has been to work ans yes she still has a job...

I'm sorry to hear about your friends' illnesses.
But even those friends had to let their employers and/or clients know that they would be away from the job for an undetermined amount of time. No employer/client is just gonna keep depositing checks or hold their place when a worker doesn't show up or communicate at all for nearly 2 months....

2nd all that Nali1987 and dajewel said.

A single line on twitter made by her, her mother, or her friends could have kept things straight without all this drama.

It was handled irresponsibly.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 23rd February 2011, 3:51 pm

fuzzypuff wrote:@Indigo.Blue:

Can you lend me 20 bucks? I'm experiencing my own personal emergency, it's called I Aint Got Nothing To Eat Here At Work. I'll pay you back when I get around to it Very Happy

(just trying to lighten the mood, folks)

Laughing Well, you got a laugh out of me if it makes any difference to ya..lol

I think it should be over now..not that I'm the judge of all judges that says when issues should be dropped but uuuuh...

I see folks are still not satisfied even after she put up that update...they are complaining about WHEN it should have happened etc etc.

Maybe she put an explanation up after all the complaints because someone informed her like "you need to get online and say SOMETHING...folks are getting crazy with assumptions"

She may not have been thinking about the blog and store at all. Not good STILL but...I'm sure she'll be able to make amends with everyone that loves her blog when she is well again.
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 23rd February 2011, 3:59 pm

@dejewel and Nali1987...yeah, the world would crash and burn because I would encourage people to be civil and consider their neighbor and not just themselves...hmmmm...okay...or will it crash and burn because of selfish inconsiderate people??? Your way sounds more like a dictatorship...

@fuzzypuff...sorry...I don't lend out (or spend) more money than I can afford to give away

One of my favorite stories:

There was a most important job that needed to be done,
And no reason NOT to do it, there was absolutely none.But in vital matters such as this the thing you have to ask,
is WHO exactly will it be who’ll carry out this task.
ANYBODY could have told you that EVERYBODY knew,
that this was something SOMEBODY would surely have to do.
NOBODY was unwilling, ANYBODY had the ability,
but NOBODY thought he was supposed to be the one.
It seemed to be a job that ANYBODY could have done,
If ANYBODY thought he was supposed to be the one.
But since EVERYBODY recogized that ANYBODY could,
EVERYBODY took for granted that SOMEBODY would.
But NOBODY told ANYBODT that we are aware of,
That he would be in charge of seeing it was taken care of.
And NOBODY took it on himself to follow through and DO,
What EVERYBODY thought that SOMEBODY would do.
When what EVERYBODY needs so did not get done at all,
EVERYBODY was complaining that SOMEBODY dropped the ball.
ANYBODY then could see it was an awful crying shame,
And EVERYBODY looked around for SOMEBODY to blame.
SOMEBODY should have done the job and EVERYBODY would have,
But in the end NOBODY did what ANYBOY could have.

Charles Osgood

Last edited by Indigo.Blue on 23rd February 2011, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 23rd February 2011, 4:08 pm

Nali1987 wrote:@AmibitiousTiff, come on, if you had a business and you had been diagnosed with a disease a while back (so you know about the disease, you know the symptons, etc) and you had orders that needed to be processed and people e-mailing you on a regular basis with NO response (which is a form of taking proactive steps), wouldn't you get someone to post a message (like two sentences) to inform your customers about what's going on? Would you really wait after people starting making their complaints publically before giving an explanation?

Remember she didn't post an explanation even AFTER she got back on twitter. You can post on twitter but you can't type "Customers, I am seriously sick. Please be patient with me. All orders will be handled."

It's not like she was running a lemonade stand.

I never said what I would have done in MTM's position b/c I am not in that situation and have not been, nor is this about me. However, I am thankful to not have any sort of debilitating illness that takes chunks of time out of my life. I would like to think that if I was in MTM's position I would have the presence of mind to a) send up a flare for my customers or b) have someone do it for me. But this is from someone on the outside looking in that is able to see the situation in hindsight. So its easy to say what I would have done, etc. Like someone said earlier, no one is ever prepared to be sick. Unfortunately whether it is small business or large corporation, when things are amiss for whatever reason the customer is usually lost in the shuffle somewhere. The response or explanation will never be fast enough or in depth enough for some. No one said she was running a lemonade stand... I doubt I even insinuated the situation was that cut and dry...

LOL @ FUZZY PUFF! That was much needed I believe.

@ Pretty Vee
That is so true.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 23rd February 2011, 4:13 pm

I totally agree wth Ambitious_Tiff's thinking and logic...COSIGN!
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 4:30 pm

@Indigo.Blue. You said the customers should take accountability. How can they do that if they don't know what's going on? And what about Moptop's responsibility? But whatever. You're attacking people personally, calling people inhumane, selfish and inconsiderate and "so happy we're not running the world". So I won't even be responding to you anymore, to calm this down.

@Ambitious.Tiff, let's just agree to disagree. I happen to think that as a businesswoman, since you had time to get on twitter and drop a message about blogging. It would've been the wisest thing to do to also inform your customers, whom have been e-mailing and receiving no response, that you'd resume business when you get better. That's it. I'm sure you'd agree that that would've been the wisest business move, instead of getting on twitter and not even acknowledging the complaints or leaving a message for your customers.

Like I said on page 1, I don't think she's a scam and I sympathize. Doesn't take from the fact that she neglected her responsibilities to her customers.

Last edited by Nali1987 on 23rd February 2011, 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum