CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moptopmaven Controversy

+35
BeautifullyFree
Duchess52
patmichele
TiffNotANY
omgitsaj
LoveZaporiah
SeanymphPrincess
JessiWantsCurls
kels99
butterfly3000
Pretty_Vee
Kicha
cagebird
CarlaAR
creolebeauty1
Indigo.Blue
Sunshinecurls
Lynnieluve
yldthng
pretty,Pleaseee
tpayne22
NikG20
krazy coils
TXCHOCLTE
Ambitious_Tiff
Nali1987
fuzzypuff
funkyhairchic
Free2BMe :)
MokikaStyle
naturallychelsea
makeupvixen
dajewel
Aunt_Lola
sheabutterlover
39 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Moptopmaven Controversy - Page 2 Empty Re: Moptopmaven Controversy

Post by NikG20 22nd February 2011, 10:10 pm

She left an update http://moptopmaven.blogspot.com/2011/02/update.html

eta:

Hey all! My inbox was flooded today with concerned folks asking if I was ok, if I was coming back, what happened to me etc. Today happens to be one of my better days, and I was urged to post an update while I felt up to it. About a year or so ago I was diagnosed with a hereditary disease called Wilson's disease. Late last year my symptoms flared up pretty bad which caused numerous hospital visits and me pretty much sleeping or in bed all day due to extreme nausea, gastrointestinal issues and fatigue.

My mom will continue to respond to emails while I recuperate, however I will not be filling any orders until further notice [except replacement items, pieces that needed to be re-sized etc OR unless you have received an email with an expected ship date from my mother]. Those with pending orders will receive a refund via Paypal. My mom has her hands full taking care of me, my daughter, and her other two children, so if you have yet to receive a refund via Paypal, you can also file a "non-received item" dispute via Paypal which will initiate the refund process.

I would like to resume posting this week, however until I get on the right dose of meds; I have to take it day by day!! Thank you everyone who sent prayers, offers to help, my way! It is truly appreciated :-)

NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 22nd February 2011, 10:15 pm

thnk God an explanation. I really did not want to have to stop reading her blog because her pics were good.

Its sad that it took people getting angry with her to put the necessary procedures into action.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 22nd February 2011, 10:24 pm

Yes I did purchase some earring from her but thankfully I finally did get them after 3 weeks of placing the order. I had to contact her twice. She said there was some delay because of the holidays yet I got a shipping #. Now I do know that if you have a acct. you can somehow notify of a package yet the post office might not physically have it yet in their possession. When I order from shoedazzle.com I get that message but in a day or two its cleared up.

WHile I love the earring they were cut crooked and not buffered enough. Thankfully I go to a art school that has a jewelry dept so I had one of my friends refinish it for me. One is slightly bigger then the other but when hanging on my ear its not noticeable.

I wouldn't order from her again because of how long and the product wasn't impeccable but I got them at half price so no biggie. Despite that I like her blog. I have learned alot. I truly hope she is sick but with this whole thing, she got some explaining to do, especially if she doesn't want to see her line go down the tubes. Because that is ALOT of negative feedback!
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 22nd February 2011, 10:36 pm

Okay then no scam. Just bad business handling.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by TXCHOCLTE 22nd February 2011, 10:44 pm

How ironic...I JUST received this email...

GREETINGS,

I AM WRITING THIS ON BEHALF OF MY DAUGHTER NIKOLE. I DEEPLY REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT NIKOLE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FULFILL YOUR ORDER. NIKOLE'S HEALTH HAS NOT IMPROVED AND WE CANNOT FORESEE A TIME THAT SHE WOULD BE WELL ENOUGH TO EVEN BEGIN WORKING AGAIN. I KNOW THAT YOU ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED AND I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION. YOU HAVE BEEN VERY PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS. I WISH THAT THERE WAS MORE THAT I COULD DO TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. IN ORDER FOR YOU TO RECEIVE A FULL REFUND SIMPLY FILE A DISPUTE THROUGH PAYPAL AND YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED. TO ALL OF YOU THAT SENT E-MAILS OF ENCOURAGEMENT THANK YOU SO MUCH. PLEASE KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS BECAUSE WE ARE GOING THROUGH A VERY DIFFICULT PERIOD. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK.

SINCERELY, ANDREA CROWE
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty,Pleaseee 22nd February 2011, 10:49 pm

Well I'm glad she's okay, [speaking in general] people are really upset over a few dollars when she is clearly ill. I understand you worked for your money but damn. Get your refund from paypal, contact your credit cards, whatever and leave it at that. Don't order from her next time, lesson learned. People STILL going hard even after she's updated I understand business is business but people are STILL leaving heartless "Anonymous" comments - disgrace. You seriously THAT mad over MONEY? MONEY that you cant take to your grave, MONEY that is worthless, that comes and goes. You love money more than you care about the life and well being of another person? WOW. people are sad smh. You not gon die if you dont get your money or your jewlery by tomorrow Rolling Eyes
pretty,Pleaseee
pretty,Pleaseee

http://helloprettyy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 22nd February 2011, 10:50 pm

TXCHOCLTE wrote:How ironic...I JUST received this email...

GREETINGS,

I AM WRITING THIS ON BEHALF OF MY DAUGHTER NIKOLE. I DEEPLY REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT NIKOLE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FULFILL YOUR ORDER. NIKOLE'S HEALTH HAS NOT IMPROVED AND WE CANNOT FORESEE A TIME THAT SHE WOULD BE WELL ENOUGH TO EVEN BEGIN WORKING AGAIN. I KNOW THAT YOU ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED AND I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION. YOU HAVE BEEN VERY PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS. I WISH THAT THERE WAS MORE THAT I COULD DO TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. IN ORDER FOR YOU TO RECEIVE A FULL REFUND SIMPLY FILE A DISPUTE THROUGH PAYPAL AND YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED. TO ALL OF YOU THAT SENT E-MAILS OF ENCOURAGEMENT THANK YOU SO MUCH. PLEASE KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS BECAUSE WE ARE GOING THROUGH A VERY DIFFICULT PERIOD. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK.

SINCERELY, ANDREA CROWE

I hope you get your money back. All it took was for someone to post a notice or alert on her blog to put her readers and customers at ease early on. For her customers, especially, it shouldn't have to take this long for an update.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 22nd February 2011, 10:53 pm

TXCHOCLTE wrote:How ironic...I JUST received this email...

GREETINGS,

SINCERELY, ANDREA CROWE

Why would you have to file a dispute? I'm not too savvy with paypal but I think there is a refund button you can press after receiving payment. Maybe it's easier to file a dispute? I don't know.
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by sheabutterlover 22nd February 2011, 10:54 pm

I'm glad she posted something. I have really grown to love her blog. I'm glad she's ok. I understand people's frustration about their orders though. I wish she could've posted something sooner to manage expectations.

sheabutterlover

Back to top Go down

Post by TXCHOCLTE 22nd February 2011, 11:06 pm

MopTopMaven has a GREAT blog...I, too, wish she had responded sooner to her followers and customers...but, even if she did, there is always going to be someone that has something negative to say just as they are doing RIGHT NOW on the update...I don't know much about paypal & refunds & filing disputes...but I must say that I am one of the crazy ones because I REALLY want those earrings that I ordered and I am going to wait it out...lmbo
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 22nd February 2011, 11:10 pm

TXCHOCLTE wrote:MopTopMaven has a GREAT blog...I, too, wish she had responded sooner to her followers and customers...but, even if she did, there is always going to be someone that has something negative to say just as they are doing RIGHT NOW on the update...I don't know much about paypal & refunds & filing disputes...but I must say that I am one of the crazy ones because I REALLY want those earrings that I ordered and I am going to wait it out...lmbo

LOL. Kind of OT- but I ordered a pair of shoes in-store from Finish Line, they couldn't even locate the shoes for a while, I was mad because $150+ is not just a few dollars to me BUT I wanted those darn shoes so I declined the refund and told them to find the shoes. Razz Eventually I got the shoes. cheers Good luck.
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by TXCHOCLTE 22nd February 2011, 11:18 pm

NikG20 wrote:
TXCHOCLTE wrote:MopTopMaven has a GREAT blog...I, too, wish she had responded sooner to her followers and customers...but, even if she did, there is always going to be someone that has something negative to say just as they are doing RIGHT NOW on the update...I don't know much about paypal & refunds & filing disputes...but I must say that I am one of the crazy ones because I REALLY want those earrings that I ordered and I am going to wait it out...lmbo

LOL. Kind of OT- but I ordered a pair of shoes in-store from Finish Line, they couldn't even locate the shoes for a while, I was mad because $150+ is not just a few dollars to me BUT I wanted those darn shoes so I declined the refund and told them to find the shoes. Razz Eventually I got the shoes. cheers Good luck.

OMG...I am cracking up...I am so glad that someone understands my pain...I want those damn earrings...they are FLY & I KNOW I will be the only one rocking them around my way!!!
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 22nd February 2011, 11:26 pm

TXCHOLTE, You got me dying of curiousity over here! Which pair did you order? Very Happy
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 22nd February 2011, 11:30 pm

This story has given me flashbacks.

I came down w/viral meningitis a couple of days before Christmas in 2005. I was hospitalized for 14 days. I was a PowerSeller on eBay and had auctions ending 6 days after I was hospitalized.

I was able to have a friend who also used eBay send emails to all the auction winners to let them know what was up. As soon as I was home, I sent emails letting them know I would get their items shipped as soon as I possibly could. Even though I was home, I wasn't able to do it right away because I was very unsteady for a few days - couldn't walk w/o assistance, couldn't type/write because my hands shook - couldn't read because it was blurry, etc.

I think I had 10 auctions running. Everyone was understanding - except for this one butthole. This man was convinced that I was running a scam on him and nothing would convince him otherwise.

When I sent his item, I sent "proof" of my hospitalization (I'm a Scorpio - I need the last word). He never contacted me again, and left me glowing feedback.

I say all that to say you can't control when your body decides to bail on you. All you can do is communicate - sooner rather than later. Most people will understand.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by TXCHOCLTE 22nd February 2011, 11:31 pm

LOL...Nali1987...actually, it's been so long, I may have forgotten...but I think it was Cairo Pyramid & Pangaea | Aquamarine & White...
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd February 2011, 12:22 am

WOW!!! Shocked

I hope everyone is able to get a refund. Paypal has a 45 day window to file a complaint. I know that has passed for a lot of people.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshinecurls 23rd February 2011, 12:23 am

She posted a small explanation on her blog.
Sunshinecurls
Sunshinecurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 23rd February 2011, 12:48 am

yldthng wrote:This story has given me flashbacks.

I came down w/viral meningitis a couple of days before Christmas in 2005. I was hospitalized for 14 days. I was a PowerSeller on eBay and had auctions ending 6 days after I was hospitalized.

I was able to have a friend who also used eBay send emails to all the auction winners to let them know what was up. As soon as I was home, I sent emails letting them know I would get their items shipped as soon as I possibly could. Even though I was home, I wasn't able to do it right away because I was very unsteady for a few days - couldn't walk w/o assistance, couldn't type/write because my hands shook - couldn't read because it was blurry, etc.

I think I had 10 auctions running. Everyone was understanding - except for this one butthole. This man was convinced that I was running a scam on him and nothing would convince him otherwise.

When I sent his item, I sent "proof" of my hospitalization (I'm a Scorpio - I need the last word). He never contacted me again, and left me glowing feedback.

I say all that to say you can't control when your body decides to bail on you. All you can do is communicate - sooner rather than later. Most people will understand.

I didn't order anything, but just from reading I wouldn't compare what you went through and how you handled it, to this situation with MTM/Nikole.

You were responsible and contacted your customers ASAP and kept them updated as to what was going on. It seems that even the "butthole" of the bunch acknowledged that you were responsible and weren't scamming him.

MTM/Nikole has left some people hanging for weeks and months with either no word or a false statement that the item(s) had been shipped when it wasn't true. I can understand their frustrations and even anger if some were lied to. It's one thing to have to tell your customers that you are/were too ill to follow up on some business and that they will either get their products late or not at all and have to seek a refund. It's another to tell them that products were shipped when they weren't and then not respond to further inquiries when they contact you repeatedly.

That being said, I'm sorry you went through that and I hope everything is all well.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 23rd February 2011, 1:06 am

@Aunt_Lola: But that was my point. That's why I said you have to communicate - sooner rather than later, and people will understand. Had she communicated earlier, she wouldn't have so many disgruntled customers. And thank you - it took about a good year, but I'm back to normal (whatever that is).

And just for the record, when you print your shipping label, it automatically generates an email to the person you're shipping to giving them the delivery confirmation number. When you check that number, nothing shows on USPS because they don't have the package yet. And sometimes, even when they have it, it still says that because they don't always scan the DC upon receipt. They only have to scan it on delivery. That's why it's called delivery confirmation - it confirms delivery.

So to the people who are saying that she gave out bogus DC numbers, the above is probably the cause of that.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 23rd February 2011, 1:11 am

yldthng wrote:@Aunt_Lola: But that was my point. That's why I said you have to communicate - sooner rather than later, and people will understand. Had she communicated earlier, she wouldn't have so many disgruntled customers.

And just for the record, when you print your shipping label, it automatically generates an email to the person you're shipping to giving them the delivery confirmation number. When you check that number, nothing shows on USPS because they don't have the package yet. And sometimes, even when they have it, it still says that because they don't always scan the DC upon receipt. They only have to scan it on delivery. That's why it's called delivery confirmation - it confirms delivery.

So to the people who are saying that she gave out bogus DC numbers, the above is probably the cause of that.

Ahhhhh, ok.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. Smile
I've never done business online outside of buying so I don't know all that goes into it.

That still strikes me as strange that she may have printed a bunch of shipping labels(assuming these are all different customers complaining and not just one or two) but then didn't pack them or ship them. confused

I hope she's able to clear things up and that her customers are able to get their refunds promptly and easily.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 23rd February 2011, 1:15 am

glad she gave an explanation...albeit after so many comments...my thing is how come her mother couldn't have been more proactive and send out the email before all of this blew up in their faces?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 23rd February 2011, 1:17 am

Aunt_Lola: Sometimes, I'd do a batch of labels all at once - because I knew the weight of the items and had their info from the Paypal receipt. I would save the gathering and packing for last. Perhaps she got sick before she had a chance to do that part.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 23rd February 2011, 1:52 am

yldthng wrote:Aunt_Lola: Sometimes, I'd do a batch of labels all at once - because I knew the weight of the items and had their info from the Paypal receipt. I would save the gathering and packing for last. Perhaps she got sick before she had a chance to do that part.

Yes, that's very possible.

I wish she, her mother, or her friends would have notified her customers of her illness sooner so that they didn't have to get to the level of anger and frustration that they got to.

If this is all that happened - she printed out the labels with full intentions of packing and shipping products but became too sick to do so - it's a shame that it wasn't handled better. She may have lost quite a bit of credibility and business due to lack of communication. No

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 23rd February 2011, 2:22 am

@Free2Be...INDIGO IS ME!!! I don't understand how people make up things in their mind and pass it off as truth...That was not moptop...it was me...

@Pretty, Pleaseee...I Totally Agree

I posted as Indigo on Moptop's blog...I already know this will be the unpopular opinion but I will say here what I said there...If you were sick and on sick leave from your job, you will be upset if your employer expected you to do work while you were trying to recover...or if your employer decided to fire/replace you because you were on sick leave too long...Business is business right?...Business is business unless it is YOU who is on the other side of the coin...

It is all about ME...ME...ME...ME...ME...ME...ME...ME...ME...ME...who cares that you are sick...you still have a obligation to ME...ME...ME...ME...ME...ME...post something on your blog moptop to let ME know what is going on...because it is all about ME...ME...ME...ME...

Who cares about a couple of dollars when their health is on the line...I am so disappointed with everyone who is really pressed over 25$ or a piece of jewelery when she is sick...

If she was a scammer then she is the cheapest scammer in history...

I regret even posting because most of the comments were extremely positive and I probably hurt more than I helped...

"Goodnight cruel world...I'll see you in the morning..."
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 23rd February 2011, 3:02 am

Wow, funny I would say that and the update came in. Now before someone jumps on me, let me just say this is my opinion and I hope one can understand why I say this. I know a lot of people are upset about not recieving their products or money back, etc but dang. People asking why her mom, friends, or other family members didn't do x, y, z and saying what she should have done. Has anyone taken the time to consider how they would act or be able to function in her situation? I can't imagine being in the hospital shaking, swollen, nauseaous, and having some other sort of neurological issue (possibly even dying to boot) asking someone to bring me a laptop so I can update my blog!! I can't imagine being in the hospital with one of my loved ones and being like, "Girl, let me shoot this email or pay this bill for you real quick..." That's absurd, almost to the point of being laughable. If someone really needed their money that bad, they shouldn't have even made the purchase. If they needed an accessory that bad, they clearly need help. If it were me, I would have been trying to figure out how to get a refund after only 2 weeks of no delivery or correspondence... But clearly I am not very patient. Yes, it was bad business practice to leave people hanging for so long but I also can see how the involved parties could have lost their heads and been a bit out of sorts. Given the situation I hope people will ease up on her and give her time to recover before condemning her and labeling her a scam artist...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum