CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moptopmaven Controversy

+35
BeautifullyFree
Duchess52
patmichele
TiffNotANY
omgitsaj
LoveZaporiah
SeanymphPrincess
JessiWantsCurls
kels99
butterfly3000
Pretty_Vee
Kicha
cagebird
CarlaAR
creolebeauty1
Indigo.Blue
Sunshinecurls
Lynnieluve
yldthng
pretty,Pleaseee
tpayne22
NikG20
krazy coils
TXCHOCLTE
Ambitious_Tiff
Nali1987
fuzzypuff
funkyhairchic
Free2BMe :)
MokikaStyle
naturallychelsea
makeupvixen
dajewel
Aunt_Lola
sheabutterlover
39 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Moptopmaven Controversy - Page 5 Empty Re: Moptopmaven Controversy

Post by Indigo.Blue 23rd February 2011, 6:36 pm

I cosign Yldthng and SeanmphPrincess...
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 6:39 pm

@indigo.blue Lol, we're not in middleschool, I wasn't ignoring your comments. I just wasn't interested in a war of words wth you. What does Nikki deleting comments have to do with anything? Lol, what she does or doesn't do doesn't have anything to do with how I feel about things. If people want to express themselves, let them. If they end up making fools of themselves or not, let them. People attacked her in her cleansing-oil method post (you'd have to read archives, I'm a long term fan of her blog) and she literally tore them apart with well documented facts and arguments in another posts. Doing that, to me, is way smarter than deleting "proof" and making it seems like you're trying to hide stuff.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 23rd February 2011, 6:46 pm

Nali1987 wrote:Oh okay. But if you used your credit card and not paypal, it seems to me that you're going to have to go through a little trouble to get your money back. I don't know about American bank policies, but I read in the comments that she alledgedly did send out shipping-notices for products that didn't arrive. How are you going to prove you didn't get a product? It all seems so complicated to me. Banks don't just refund stuff that easily over here.

I've had to do it a couple times through Citibank over the years - all that was required was all my documentation and me signing a form attesting to the fact that the item was not received. If the company cannot prove delivery via an online method (tracking or delivery confirmation), there "shouldn't" be an issue.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 6:47 pm

@yldthng. Okay, thanks. Good to know!
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 23rd February 2011, 6:49 pm

Wow...Nali...that is funny that you agree with supporting an argument with documented facts...

You want to dismiss Nikki for deleting post, but you made a point to emphasize MopTop deleting comments...where is the balance???

But...I totally agree with your point though...I always believe in debates...and that is one of the reasons why I like MopTop because she supports many of her claims and she is not afraid to state her opinion...I agree...a rebuttal is way smarter than deleting post or ignoring them because you do not want to enter into a war of words...

Last edited by Indigo.Blue on 23rd February 2011, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 23rd February 2011, 6:50 pm

Nali1987 wrote:
yldthng wrote:
Nali1987 wrote:Some people have orders dating to December. What is Paypal policy if it's later than 45 days? Can you still file a claim?

No. If you let the 45 days pass without filing, you are SOL via Paypal. If you paid via credit card, you do have a remedy through your CC company.

Oh okay. But if you used your credit card and not paypal, it seems to me that you're going to have to go through a little trouble to get your money back. I don't know about American bank policies, but I read in the comments that she alledgedly did send out shipping-notices for products that didn't arrive. How are you going to prove you didn't get a product? It all seems so complicated to me. Banks don't just refund stuff that easily over here.

I think the bolded is where so much anger is coming from.
If it was within the 45 day window and no shipping notices were sent out, then it would be no problem for people to just go to Paypal for a refund.

However, many received shipping notices and so expected a product.
I believe they tried to be patient in good faith.

I can tell you right now, shipping notice, or no shipping notice - if I didn't get my product by day 43(not even 45) I would have contacted Paypal.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by kels99 23rd February 2011, 6:52 pm

[quote="Indigo.Blue"]@Kels99...I wish her situation on you....you don't think her situation was that bad so I am sure this statement cannot be mean or rude...

*"It is not the responsibility of the customer..." if we took that position, there would be no GM and many people in Detroit would be without a job...
It is always all of our responsibilities because when you fail...I FAIL...maybe that concept is to abstract for this community...

I don't think you understood what I wrote. I didn't say that her situation wasn't bad. I, just like, you, have no idea of how sick she is or isn't. And that doesn't matter because her health has nothing to do with a customer paying for what they order.. Her business is her business. It's not the business of the people who decided to buy something from her. No one who ordered from her is obligated to by anything from her. It's her job as a proprietor to get customers. That has nothing to do with the customer.

*So MopTop failed for being sick...hmmm...do you tell that to cancer patients who cannot fufil their before diagnosis obligations?

I never said she failed because she got sick. What I said is that she failed when she didn't have a contingency plan. If you know that you have the kind of illness she said she has, the kind of illness that is so bad you can be in the hospital indefinitely, you need to have a backup plan if you're a business owner. Not having that is indeed a FAIL if you're a chronically ill person running a business of any sort.

*The customer has more responsibility than just paying their money...

Yes, besides paying their money, they should have spent more time worrying about Paypals rules about refunds and less time worrying about the owner of the jewelry site.

*You can get sick...do you have a contingency plan???

If I were running a business and I had an illness that I knew could land me in the hospital at anytime, yes, I would have a contingency plan.

*Your friends did not need permission from MopTop to get a refund...

This is true. Like I said, they were wrong to let their "stan" take over and wrong to keep giving her the benefit of the doubt when she didn't deserve it. They should have acted responsibly in their own interests. If it's nearly 45 days and that person that you've been emailing and tweeting has not responded, then you need to take off the blinders and try to get your refund.

*I am not defending MopTop...as with every situation...I like to evaluate the whole story and as many possibilities as I can think of...

*Imagine MopTop being really sick and as soon as she got a moment of relief she answered to you instead of spending that time with her daughter...

If you don't want to deal with customers when it's not convenient, then don't be a business owner. That's part of your responsibility, working dealing with customers even when you don't feel like it. As I said earlier, either run your business ethically, or don't run it at all. No one is forcing her to have a jewelry line. If it's too much for her to give the bare essentials of basic customer service, she shouldn't have a business. It's not the customer's responsibility to turn a blind eye to shoddy and unethical business practices.

[i]

Last edited by kels99 on 23rd February 2011, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

kels99

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveZaporiah 23rd February 2011, 6:52 pm

SeanymphPrincess wrote:
Nali1987 wrote:@Princess. She did elaborate on those bolded sections. Let's not take them out on context now. If you have a disease you've been diagnosed with, you should have a back-up plan. I mean, Steve Jobs has cancer, I bought my iPad and didn't think to pray for him. Doesn't make me cold and callus.

@bolded
I do agree. A back up plan should have been in order.Hopefully she learns from this and does a better job just in case anything like this happens again. I understand where you are coming from, but to literally say "I don't care if you have you have a disease" seems very cold to me. God forbid anyone gets stricken with something life threatening!!!

Although I have sympathy for MTM, I have Sickle Cell Anemia and Blounts Disease, among other things. Due to that, I always make sure I have a backup plan for all of my commitments because it is no telling when I will get sick. MTM should have done the same. I feel bad for her but I feel bad for her customers more--especially those that can no longer get their money back from paypal. How were they to know that she was sick? A simple comment could have solved so many issues.
LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 23rd February 2011, 6:54 pm

Aunt_Lola wrote:I can tell you right now, shipping notice, or no shipping notice - if I didn't get my product by day 43(not even 45) I would have contacted Paypal.

EXACTLY. And that is why I feel the customers must bear some of the blame here.

Last edited by yldthng on 23rd February 2011, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 23rd February 2011, 6:55 pm

Indigo.Blue wrote:Wow...Nali...that is funny that you agree with supporting an argument with documented facts...

You want to dismiss Nikki for deleting post, but you made a point to emphasize MopTop deleting comments...where is the balance???

But...I totally agree with your point though...I always believe in debates...and that is one of the reasons why I like MopTop because she supports many of her claims and she is not afraid to state her opinion...I agree...a rebuttal is way smarter than deleting post or ignoring them...

I wasn't dismissing Nikki deleting posts. What I said was if Nikki does it or not, or whomever's doing it, deleting comments and posts is silly to me. So if Nikki's deleting comments, then that's silly to me as well. Why was Nikki even mentioned? I don't worship at her feet, my thoughts and opinions are my own. And I'm all for debates without attacking people's characters. And nothing I've said here contradicts with me being for documented facts. I waited for Moptop's update AND all the customer's complaints, like I said on page 1, that I would, before forming my opinion that her business could've been handled more profesionally.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsaj 23rd February 2011, 7:10 pm

yldthng wrote:
Aunt_Lola wrote:I can tell you right now, shipping notice, or no shipping notice - if I didn't get my product by day 43(not even 45) I would have contacted Paypal.

From what I understand and have read(before comments were deleted), some customers received emails saying their items had been shipped, along with a tracking number. Of course they they could have still contact Paypal when 2 or 3 weeks went along and they didn't receive their package, but I guess they never thought it would come to this. I think most of the anger is stemming from those who got emails from MTM's mother saying items had been shipped, and 3 months later nothing has been received.

All in all its an unfortunate situation for both sides.

omgitsaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 23rd February 2011, 7:33 pm

yldthng wrote:

Let the church say "Amen!"
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by TXCHOCLTE 23rd February 2011, 8:39 pm

as Inidgo.Blue stated previously...

"I am so happy some of you are not running the world!

I also love the way everyone has answers to her problem and what other people in her life should have done...has anyone offered to do all of the things you suggested everyone else should have done??? YES I DID!!! I emailed her and offered to help...because we are all beautifully human...

"Goodnight cruel world...I'll see you in the morning..."

Please...put it to rest...and for those who care, pray that she gets well enuff to reopen the biz & make my earrings, cuz I am serious about rockin' 'em around my way...lmbo
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 23rd February 2011, 9:44 pm

I ordered a ring via paypal from MTM on Dec. 29th because she had an after holiday sale for 50% off all items. A tracking number was sent to my email 4 days later. Whenever I clicked the number, it said the vendor sent the info but the package wasn't shipped. After 3 weeks, I emailed her to find out what was taking so long and the next day I received an email from her mother stating that MTM had been in the hospital with a serious illness. I didn't sweat it and wished her well in a reply. I received my ring a week later.
I can only think that she is sick and I'm hoping this situation clears up. But I do think the illness and the volume of customers with the discount she offered is taking it's toll. In business, someone has to let the customers know what's going on with their product especially after money has been exchanged.

Last edited by TiffNotANY on 23rd February 2011, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors due to swype texting)
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 23rd February 2011, 10:20 pm

I didn't place an order and maybe i'm just a "symp", but I think it's messed up how people are bashing her. If a person is ill...can you really bash them? Before even reading the post here, I looked up Wison's disease and it seems like a pretty horrible illness. I don't know if she has it or not, but I know when i'm really sick (not even half as sick as Wilson's disease) even if i just have a migraine, work is the last thing on my mind! I've really learned a lot from her and her site and I appreciate that. Like I said maybe it's just me but to start a site, get a "clan of followers", to dupe them...come on now please. If that were the case, I would feel more sorry for her then to just attack her. If this woman is ill, she doesn't need all this negative energy that is being sent her way. It just seems like so many people have turned on her, I'm just not so quick to jump on THAT bandwagon! If it turns out that it is a scam...that would be shameful. I will continue to pray for her health regardless. But, like i said...i didn't place an order....
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by TXCHOCLTE 23rd February 2011, 11:34 pm

patmichele wrote:I didn't place an order and maybe i'm just a "symp", but I think it's messed up how people are bashing her. If a person is ill...can you really bash them? Before even reading the post here, I looked up Wison's disease and it seems like a pretty horrible illness. I don't know if she has it or not, but I know when i'm really sick (not even half as sick as Wilson's disease) even if i just have a migraine, work is the last thing on my mind! I've really learned a lot from her and her site and I appreciate that. Like I said maybe it's just me but to start a site, get a "clan of followers", to dupe them...come on now please. If that were the case, I would feel more sorry for her then to just attack her. If this woman is ill, she doesn't need all this negative energy that is being sent her way. It just seems like so many people have turned on her, I'm just not so quick to jump on THAT bandwagon! If it turns out that it is a scam...that would be shameful. I will continue to pray for her health regardless. But, like i said...i didn't place an order....

And I'm sure those who have so much to say didn't either...I DID place an order, never received my merchandise and am not as bothered as most others...I just continue to pray for her health...I guess you can call me a "symp" too...lol
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 23rd February 2011, 11:46 pm

LoveZaporiah wrote:
SeanymphPrincess wrote:
Nali1987 wrote:@Princess. She did elaborate on those bolded sections. Let's not take them out on context now. If you have a disease you've been diagnosed with, you should have a back-up plan. I mean, Steve Jobs has cancer, I bought my iPad and didn't think to pray for him. Doesn't make me cold and callus.

@bolded
I do agree. A back up plan should have been in order.Hopefully she learns from this and does a better job just in case anything like this happens again. I understand where you are coming from, but to literally say "I don't care if you have you have a disease" seems very cold to me. God forbid anyone gets stricken with something life threatening!!!

Although I have sympathy for MTM, I have Sickle Cell Anemia and Blounts Disease, among other things. Due to that, I always make sure I have a backup plan for all of my commitments because it is no telling when I will get sick. MTM should have done the same. I feel bad for her but I feel bad for her customers more--especially those that can no longer get their money back from paypal. How were they to know that she was sick? A simple comment could have solved so many issues.

Exactly - I agree with all of this. And like I mentioned before, you may have to take a financial loss as a business owner in situations like this.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 24th February 2011, 1:37 am

all i have to say is that @indigo.blue: u are soooooooooooooooooo wrong for wishing someone ill. be careful what u wish for, hun. u were hitting below the belt.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveZaporiah 24th February 2011, 3:26 am

dajewel wrote:all i have to say is that @indigo.blue: u are soooooooooooooooooo wrong for wishing someone ill. be careful what u wish for, hun. u were hitting below the belt.

Preach on. I wouldn't wish illness upon my worst enemy no matter what they've said or done.
LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchess52 24th February 2011, 9:38 am

Ladies....ladies....I have been following this thread.....don't you all think it's about time we all moved on and stop this....this...going at each other.....???

Let's talk CURLS

Have a curly day everyone.
Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Post by kels99 24th February 2011, 10:55 am

dajewel wrote:all i have to say is that @indigo.blue: u are soooooooooooooooooo wrong for wishing someone ill. be careful what u wish for, hun. u were hitting below the belt.

I just brushed it off, that's why I didn't even respond to that particular statement. I just took it as "stannism". Stannism can make folks say some crazy things to anyone who feels differently about a guru than themselves. Cool

kels99

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 24th February 2011, 1:54 pm

For those of you who has trouble following along: Dajewel, LoveZaporah, and Kels99...let me help you...

Kels99: said "I don't care if you have a disease"

So I responded: "I wish her situation on you....you don't think her situation was that bad so I am sure this statement cannot be mean or rude..."

If she does not care she has a disease, than it cannot be that bad...so I did not wish anything bad on her.

There is a serious flaw in thinking when it is okay for someone else but you want to raise hell when it happen to you. You want to do x, y, and z to someone else but cry foul when it happens to you. That has been my point and the basis/ foundation in every debate I have entered in on CN. If you were sick, you would want understanding, yet you want to deny it to someone else. You have higher expectation of others than you can personally deliver. Dajewel said I hit below the belt with that comment while ignoring all of the comments she has made. All I can say is...my desire for all of the aboved mentioned names is that you stay just as you are!

We cry about not having beautiful black images in the media...We cry about the lack of black businesses...we cry about the lack of support in our community...YET, we have someone who is a beautiful positive image (and I would recommend any child to read her blog), has a business, and is black...but we don't hesitate about tearing her down. So if it is your position that you do not care about MopTop or what she is going through, then please be mindful the next time you complain about the lack of positive black images in the media, and the lack of black businesses. Just like I said previously, many people had lots of criticism, yet I wonder how many lended their support to help her. I recoginize her importance and how we need people like her so I offered to volunteer to help her get back on track...

Kels99...I have no clue what stannism is and I am sure you don't either for you to say that is what I am...If you read my comments on various topics, my position here is no different than my position in other debates...This is not about MopTop...this is about us all being beautifully human...
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th February 2011, 2:00 pm

IMHO, I don't think she said it to be mean. What she was saying is that since you don't think its "so bad" maybe you should endure the same. I'm not advocating the statement, just saying. I believe it was more to get a point across. I do agree with Duchess though. This mood in this thread got nasty kinda early on but I guess that is the nature of bebate sometimes... *shrug*
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 24th February 2011, 2:22 pm

*shaking my head*
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 24th February 2011, 2:24 pm

this is just getting ridic. am done.