CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moptopmaven Controversy

+35
BeautifullyFree
Duchess52
patmichele
TiffNotANY
omgitsaj
LoveZaporiah
SeanymphPrincess
JessiWantsCurls
kels99
butterfly3000
Pretty_Vee
Kicha
cagebird
CarlaAR
creolebeauty1
Indigo.Blue
Sunshinecurls
Lynnieluve
yldthng
pretty,Pleaseee
tpayne22
NikG20
krazy coils
TXCHOCLTE
Ambitious_Tiff
Nali1987
fuzzypuff
funkyhairchic
Free2BMe :)
MokikaStyle
naturallychelsea
makeupvixen
dajewel
Aunt_Lola
sheabutterlover
39 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Moptopmaven Controversy Empty Moptopmaven Controversy

Post by sheabutterlover 22nd February 2011, 6:55 pm

Have you ladies read the recent posts about Moptopmaven's absence? I don't know what to think! Read the most recent comments folks are starting to make on her last post:

http://moptopmaven.blogspot.com/2011/01/giveaway-1-jamila-henna-indigo.html#comments

Oh my!

sheabutterlover

Back to top Go down

Moptopmaven Controversy Empty Re: Moptopmaven Controversy

Post by Aunt_Lola 22nd February 2011, 7:01 pm

So, she might be sick or something?

If she is, I hope she gets better soon.

Editing to add: Just saw that she tweeted on 2/7 that she was at home resting after being in the hospital for a few days and would return to posting the following week(would that have been last week?).

Again, I hope she recovers soon.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by sheabutterlover 22nd February 2011, 7:05 pm

The controversy is that some are saying she's not sick, but that she's a scam. Read the most recent posts towards the bottom of the last page. People are upset about not receiving jewelry they ordered from her. I really hope it's not true b/c she's one of my favorite bloggers!

sheabutterlover

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 22nd February 2011, 7:14 pm

sheabutterlover wrote:The controversy is that some are saying she's not sick, but that she's a scam. Read the most recent posts towards the bottom of the last page. People are upset about not receiving jewelry they ordered from her. I really hope it's not true b/c she's one of my favorite bloggers!

Oh, thank you.
I only read some of the comments and most were saying she was sick and sending her get well wishes. I only saw a couple that suggested otherwise. confused

I hope it's not true too. No

(off to read more comments....)

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 22nd February 2011, 8:04 pm

oh my!!!! she was such a positive force...so much so that i have a hard time believing someone who was amazingly introspective would do something so low...but the part of her actually launching another jewelry line two years ago on a previous blog that is the namesake of the jewerly line launched in november 2010 (which means that the jewelry that was launched on moptopmaven blog was not her first line...as she made it out to be) and for whatever reason she all of a sudden ceased the first blog makes me scratch . if she did run off with everyone's $$$ (and that is alot of money if only 10% of her fan base purchased a bare minimum....enough to live off for a year ) then i smell better business bureau and being highly blackballed...i hope she is not that scheming
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 22nd February 2011, 8:07 pm

Well I think that if she's sick then she probably can't run her business the way it needs to be run right now. I hope she gets better soon.

I did read someone say that someone may be stalking her and I wouldn't put that past some of these crazy people out here in the world today. I had to contact a fellow YT'er and had to let her know that for a brief second she showed her name and address on a package she showed, she immediatley took the video down, but that was after maybe 200 people alredy saw it. It's another reason why I never give my true name on any site, YT, blogs, FB, or anything.

You never know what's going on with MTM until she says something, the rest is here say. And if she say's she's sick then I take it as "she's sick" since that's what came from the horse's mouth (wow, country saying, lol).
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 22nd February 2011, 8:24 pm

After reading all the latest comments, ummmmmmm.... I don't know what to think. confused

I'm hoping she didn't scam all those people, but there's something wrong about sending a FAKE tracking number to paypal then not actually shipping a product. I'd think it was just a mistake and she was just sick if it weren't for the fake tracking numbers given to paypal so that they'll release funds to her. If she was well enough to give them a tracking number, why didn't she just SHIP the jewelry? Or if she intended to then didn't get a chance to, why didn't she just make an announcement on the website or send out a global email to all the customers waiting for shipments? If she's too sick to do any of these things, why can't her friends or family post something on her behalf?

It's not looking good, but I'm still hoping she didn't run a scam - just got in over her head.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 22nd February 2011, 8:25 pm

Wow at first I did not want to believe it but after all the persons came forward to tell their stories I am truly appalled. Lets say for one moment that I was ill and could not deliver the goods even I, at my young and tender age, know that I should write a post or have someone do it for me especially if I have made my blog a business. Plus, I would stop taking money. If you look at the hair care sites when they are out of a product they inform you of it and do not allow you to place an order because it just makes good business sense. It is either a scam, she doesn't care, or she is insanely dumb. Either way she had no right to be running a business like that.

Plus things simply do not add up:
  • sending an email to say goods were delivered when they were not

• taking money orders then sending confirmation emails knowing fully well you would not be able to supply the goods

However, I do believe if she is just sick she should make an attempt to clear her name, make refunds/ send the merchandise and APOLOGISE.

This is truly sad. Someone so respected in the natural hair community has duped so many.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MokikaStyle 22nd February 2011, 8:32 pm

Maybe the same thing happened with moptop that happened with Chellywellzshop on youtube. She had some online stocker who used what she said in her videos to find her and see her face to face! I hope that did happen but it may explain the fact that moptop is MIA....
Business is business. With that said, unforeseen events may cause a delay or inability to perform. However, in this instance, it's been well over a month, with only a generalized statement (she is ill). If she is too ill to complete the orders than a prompt refund should be issued. The problem-this blog blurs the lines between her personal life and her business, so of course our hearts go out to her. At the end of the day, this blog is an advertising tool. One of the things advertised on here is her jewelry line. The lack of explanation, really diminishes the credibility and good will she has been building.
I ordered in DECEMBER, contacted in JANUARY, and never was spoken to again despite me trying to contact them just inquiring how things were going. I just wanted to know what was going on and to have my money returned.
I don't know Nikole personally, but I felt like I should share a bit of information before everyone jumps on the 'she hustled me' bandwagon. Nikole started a blog called 'Frank & Myrrh' back in 2009 http://frankandmyrrh.blogspot.com/. On the first page there is a post from here in reference to health issues. She doesn't go into detail but to me it seems as though her illness is due to health issues she has been suffering with for some time.
I just encourage everyone to hold off judgement. Yes, some type of notice should have been made on her blog about her situation. Yes, anyone that did not recieve an order should do whatever they can to either get a full refund or merchandise. But I ask that you think twice before tarnishing the woman's name and labeling her as 'shady' before you know the entire story.

I am a jewelry designer who sells pieces only after they are produced. I think she may have been making per order. If she received more orders than she had supplies it would explain her disappearanc

If you ask me, it sounds like "health issues" is the excuse she uses to pull a stunt. I'm sorry, but if people are saying they got a tracking number through paypal yet still don't have their orders, that is indeed shady. That's not some "mistake". Let's be real here.

wow, this does not look good at all.
MokikaStyle
MokikaStyle

http://public.fotki.com/MokikaStyle/

Back to top Go down

Post by MokikaStyle 22nd February 2011, 8:33 pm

naturallychelsea wrote:Wow at first I did not want to believe it but after all the persons came forward to tell their stories I am truly appalled. Lets say for one moment that I was ill and could not deliver the goods even I, at my young and tender age, know that I should write a post or have someone do it for me especially if I have made my blog a business. Plus, I would stop taking money. If you look at the hair care sites when they are out of a product they inform you of it and do not allow you to place an order because it just makes good business sense. It is either a scam, she doesn't care, or she is insanely dumb. Either way she had no right to be running a business like that.

• taking money orders then sending confirmation emails knowing fully well you would not be able to supply the goods

However, I do believe if she is just sick she should make an attempt to clear her name, make refunds/ send the merchandise and APOLOGISE.

This is truly sad. Someone so respected in the natural hair community has duped so many.

I think she might've been making each order individually and became overwhelmed :/
MokikaStyle
MokikaStyle

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 22nd February 2011, 8:36 pm

MokikaStyle wrote:
naturallychelsea wrote:Wow at first I did not want to believe it but after all the persons came forward to tell their stories I am truly appalled. Lets say for one moment that I was ill and could not deliver the goods even I, at my young and tender age, know that I should write a post or have someone do it for me especially if I have made my blog a business. Plus, I would stop taking money. If you look at the hair care sites when they are out of a product they inform you of it and do not allow you to place an order because it just makes good business sense. It is either a scam, she doesn't care, or she is insanely dumb. Either way she had no right to be running a business like that.

I think she might've been making each order individually and became overwhelmed :/

granted but right now as we speak the site is still up and running and orders can be placed. If you are overwhelmed shut the site down temporarily and leave a message.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 22nd February 2011, 8:38 pm

Some of those comments were crazy. They were talking about how her alternate name is Indigo(what???).
But I do understand where they are coming from because some type of notice should have been sent out by a close friend or something because this is a business but they didn't have to go so far as accusing her of a scam and foul play.

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MokikaStyle 22nd February 2011, 8:42 pm

Free2BMe Smile wrote:Some of those comments were crazy. They were talking about how her alternate name is Indigo(what???).
But I do understand where they are coming from because some type of notice should have been sent out by a close friend or something because this is a business but they didn't have to go so far as accusing her of a scam and foul play.
I'd probably be upset too if I spent >$100, received a suspicious tracking number, and no additional communication.
MokikaStyle
MokikaStyle

Back to top Go down

Post by MokikaStyle 22nd February 2011, 8:44 pm

Has this ruined her? Probably not keep in mind she had another blog in 2009, www.frankandmyrrah.blogspot.com and ended it abruptly with no explanation other than that she had been ill and then started this one. Her business was up and runnimg in 2009 she did not just cultivate her dream in 2010 like she made everyone here think she did.
MokikaStyle
MokikaStyle

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 22nd February 2011, 8:49 pm

I just read all the comments and I'm just like, "WOW!" As much as I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt, it sounds like the classic hustle. She takes orders during the holidays, falls of the map suddenly, and has not posted or followed up with her buyers or followers in almost two months. There's shade written all over this one. I almost purchased some accessories from her site. Something told me not to and my gut never lets me down. I would've still canceled my order if I hadn't received it within 3-4 weeks. She was BSing and buying time with the sporadic emails. That's just bad business written all over it.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzypuff 22nd February 2011, 9:04 pm

They goin hard on her in the comment section....I hope she gets a team together to ship people their paid for product. Not a good look.
fuzzypuff
fuzzypuff

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 22nd February 2011, 9:05 pm

also, and maybe this plays in her favor, but i have never heard of paypal generating false tracking numbers
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 22nd February 2011, 9:16 pm

I'm going to hold off passing judgement. I don't think she's scamming people. She seems like a serious focused business woman.She's got pictures of her face, her friends pages and website all over her blog, her real name. I think she's seriously sick and might have trusted someone to handle her business, who screwed up. I do agree, that she could've posted a message on her site explaining things or stopped taking orders. I do think she'll resume posting soon. Whatever the case, I'm going to hold off judgement until she posts again or if a long time passes with her not updating anymore. (And no announcement of her passing or something like that is made. =/ )

Innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited by Nali1987 on 22nd February 2011, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 22nd February 2011, 9:21 pm

Wow. I might be a little slow but I don't see the comments on her blog y'all are referring too. It would be really sad if its a scam. Obviously she has a very large following...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 22nd February 2011, 9:31 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Wow. I might be a little slow but I don't see the comments on her blog y'all are referring too. It would be really sad if its a scam. Obviously she has a very large following...

In the comments section for the last article "Jamilla Henna + Indigo" on the top righthand side of the comments is a little blue link that says , "Newer" and "Newest." You want to click on "Newest" and scroll down to get to the most recent comments.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by TXCHOCLTE 22nd February 2011, 9:31 pm

Yeah...This is quite a mess...I was one of those that purchased some earrings during that after-Christmas sale & never received my merchandise...An email was never sent about the delay so I actually took it upon myself to send one and her mother responded stating that Nikole was in the hospital and that there was a huge backup of orders to be processed...well, the last communication with her was Feb 1st and still no merchandise has been received...It is very odd that she has not responded to all of the negative posts that have started...Maybe she feels it will all blow over and everyone will have forgotten about it by the time she opens another store this summer, lol...I'm not one to start a petition or contact LAPD...All I can say is that I hope the $45 I paid was put to good use now that I know who she is...
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd February 2011, 9:34 pm

Wow! I truly hope she is sick because the comments over there are really putting her in a negative light.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 22nd February 2011, 9:42 pm

I really don't think she's a scam artist. I mean you could easily track her and report her to the police. She's got about a million pictures up, her friends pictures and real names, even pictures of her daughter! She'd have to be really dumb to think she'd get away with scamming people after all that. I honestly believe she messed up by not being able to complete her orders and is now trying to resolve her issues.

But what do I know?
Still waiting for more proof until I make up my mind.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 22nd February 2011, 10:00 pm

Thanx Aunt_Lola. I see them now. Wow, this is crazy. People are really bashing her. I seriously think people should hold off the judgements until more concrete evidence of illess or scam is brought to light. I mean dang, people are all on her blog saying horrible things but what is something really is wrong? Awkward...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 22nd February 2011, 10:04 pm

Wow. I didn't read ALL the comments because it gave me a headche, lol but I read enough. I didn't see people saying horrible things about her, though. Just that they haven't received their goods and they are suspicious. I would be suspicious too if I spent $160 for jewelry and haven't received it for what? 3 months? Actually, I would be pi$$ed off. Since people have received merchandise from her before I wouldn't be so quick to say she's going to take the money and run. Maybe she's overwhelmed with all the orders. I don't know. I didn't read her blog enough to know much about her jewelry line. I do hope she's ok though. Weird that she had another blog and jewelry line in 2009.

Last edited by NikG20 on 22nd February 2011, 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum