TWA Attitude

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TWA Attitude

Post by Luscious Mahogany on 22nd February 2011, 5:26 pm

When I first decided to go Natural I wanted to transition my way into it but after a couple of days of dealing with the relaxed and natural texture I had enough. For many years I would say that I was going to cut my hair short and rock it, relaxed though. But when I became natural and saw my curls I wanted to go short just to see if I could do it, if I would like it, to see what feedback I would get from it etc. So I did it and I must say that after much apprehension and processing I absolutely love my TWA. I've always had a confidence about myself and would show such wherever I was, but I found that having my TWA/short hair period there is a different level of spunk that comes out! I feel refreshed, free, and more confident then ever!! What are your thoughts about TWA? Did you feel a different level of confidence or apprehension when you went short etc? Let me know your thoughts!

Peace & Blessings
Luscious Mahogany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWA Attitude

Post by Nali1987 on 22nd February 2011, 6:23 pm

I felt great about my TWA! Until it started growing and started to look awkward! But enjoy it! Smile
Nali1987

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany on 22nd February 2011, 6:27 pm

Were you styling it as it grew out an changed? What styles did you do?
Luscious Mahogany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 on 22nd February 2011, 6:32 pm

Hey Mahogany girl -
I can't WAIT to join the club ... It'll be sooner than later though. Patience, patience, patience ... Oooh! Not my virtue. Very Happy

~NeeC1
NeeC1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany on 22nd February 2011, 6:38 pm

I can't wait for you to join the club as well girl a couple more weeks girl!!
Luscious Mahogany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola on 22nd February 2011, 6:51 pm

I had the apprehension for the first day or 2 until I had to go outside and got a few compliments. Then it was alllll attitude all the time. lol

Like you Luscious Mahogany, I felt so free and spunky. Lighter than air. It helped that it was March when I BC'ed and carried that wonderful feeling all through the Spring and Summer. sunny

Enjoy your twa! The more you like it, the faster it seems to grow out. afro

Aunt_Lola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany on 22nd February 2011, 7:09 pm

Thanks Aunt_Lola I'm looking forward to the growth process but definitely loving this TWA while I have it!
Luscious Mahogany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng on 22nd February 2011, 8:25 pm

I've had short hair for years (Halle Berry short) - but this is the shortest in a long time - and I'm loving it.
yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany on 22nd February 2011, 10:18 pm

Yes it looks nice too!!
Luscious Mahogany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 on 23rd February 2011, 11:03 am

So, I made my BC (or MC) appointment for 11 March. AHHHH!! It's conveniently the day before my fam gets together for a 4 generation photo shoot. I can't wait to show up and "shock and awe" folks! This is gonna be great! Very Happy

For whatever reason I can't see anyone's avatars on my work computer, but I can when I use my BlackBerry and let me tell you, girls ... you're looking FIERCE! Oh yes yes. cheers

~NeeC1
NeeC1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany on 23rd February 2011, 11:32 am

OOOO NeeC1 girl that is going to shock and awe everyone! It won't be anything they can do about it by then cuz when the hair is gone its gone! I'm excited to see ya pics when you get it done!! So are you going to get a little chopped at a time until its all gone!!

Thats cool that ya fam is doing a fourth generation photo shoot, that'll be fun especially with a new do, that's the prime time we like to take the most pics when something is new!!
Luscious Mahogany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 23rd February 2011, 11:46 am

I felt that way when I had a TWA.....I still feel that way with BAA!! Haha!!

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick on 24th February 2011, 1:19 am

Definitely feel that way. I wasn't a stranger to short hair while relaxed (my stylist always accused me of growing it out to cut it LOL), but my BC just made me feel like a new person. As it grows out, I love having a style that isn't seen as completely conservative. I even got "wild" and started wearing eye shadows that weren't brown! *clutching the pearls* Laughing

cyclingchick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 on 24th February 2011, 10:53 am

@cyclingchick:
(LOL) Girl, you had me rollin'! You go girl ... do you "wild" thing - Again, I can't waaaaiiittt to join you all! Very Happy

~NeeC1
NeeC1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng on 24th February 2011, 12:16 pm

cyclingchick wrote:. . . I even got "wild" and started wearing eye shadows that weren't brown! *clutching the pearls* Laughing
Now THAT cracked me up because I know exactly what you mean by that. I have always worn eyeshadow, but it was always some darn shade of brown. Well my 16yo now has me addicted to eyeshadow - at least 2-3 times a week I wear blues and greens and purples and oranges, etc.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]My child is so proud of me.

yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany on 25th February 2011, 11:49 am

I agree with you ladies on the eye shadows, well for me makeup as a whole. I never did my makeup so much in my life until I got my TWA, now its like everyday and I'm loving it! Guess it goes back to the TWA Attitude.
Luscious Mahogany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 on 25th February 2011, 12:04 pm

I love my TWA so much I did it twice!! I let it grow and got to month 16 and couldn't take it any more...so I cut it off and have no plans to let it grow!

Now uhm eyeshadow is my latest addiction!! I stay on YouTube LOL!

You ladies are looking good and NeeC1 you will love it!! congrats!
sweetdrk1

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany on 25th February 2011, 12:15 pm

@sweetdrk1 Your TWA is fierce, I hear that why change what works for you!! I'm on youtube everyday just about as well!!
Luscious Mahogany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalqtpy on 25th February 2011, 12:24 pm

yldthng wrote:I've had short hair for years (Halle Berry short) - but this is the shortest in a long time - and I'm loving it.

Dito. I've rocked a short cut for the majority of the last 10 years. It was fieeeeeeeeerce! I loved it and so did everybody else. I decided to go natural b/c I've always admired it. I absolutely adore big hair Very Happy . I had just started letting my hair grow out a bit when I decided to go natural, so I cut about 4-5inches I guess. I was so excited to do the BC and I felt so liberated afterward. Still, it took some getting used too and it still does. The morning following my BC I was like "OMG, what now??" lol! I've always kinda been into make-up so that gives my hair the extra umph I need at times Smile . The side part has become my twa's bestie and the wash-n-go works pretty well for me. But I'll be darned if I let somebody make me feel that I'm not fieeeeeeeeeeerce all day err'day. I love my hair and i'm super excited to see where it goes from here woot! but my confidence is not in my hair, it is just in ME. I was sick n' tired of fighting my hairs natural state so I decided to set it free Smile No matter what state my hair's in, though, I think I'm beautiful and that's all that matters. I think a lot of people are so afraid of natural hair and they WISH they had the confidence and boldness that we do to explore our nautral selves. All of you ladies are gorgeous cheers Believe it!
naturalqtpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany on 25th February 2011, 12:38 pm

@Newlynaturalqtpy, well said...I adore your makeup I seen you on a few other posts and I think your makeup is flawless....Mmmm maybe you could do a post of makeup tips and application Smile Just a thought!!
Luscious Mahogany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Song_Bird on 25th February 2011, 12:41 pm

[i]Hey ladies! I'm totally new to this as most here are. I'm loving my TWA i must say. I BC'd February 24, 2011. It was a month yesterday. I had no regrets about it at all. It was just harder for me to deal with since i'm only 15. Yea, i'm a little one & with High School you get so many comments. Most actually loved it which i was suprised about. Regardless I'm loving the TWA & cnt wait to see where this natural journey is heading! afro
Song_Bird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany on 25th February 2011, 12:47 pm

Aww welcome Song_Bird. You are very brave doing a BC and in high school that can be rough but Bravo to you for making a healthy hair decision. I hope you enjoy your journey!! Very Happy
Luscious Mahogany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng on 25th February 2011, 1:00 pm

Luscious Mahogany wrote:Aww welcome Song_Bird. You are very brave doing a BC and in high school that can be rough but Bravo to you for making a healthy hair decision. I hope you enjoy your journey!! Very Happy

DITTO!
yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalqtpy on 25th February 2011, 1:18 pm

Luscious Mahogany wrote:@Newlynaturalqtpy, well said...I adore your makeup I seen you on a few other posts and I think your makeup is flawless....Mmmm maybe you could do a post of makeup tips and application Smile Just a thought!!

Thanks! I'll tell you anything you wanna know about my make-up app Smile

Song_Bird wrote:[i]Hey ladies! I'm totally new to this as most here are. I'm loving my TWA i must say. I BC'd February 24, 2011. It was a month yesterday. I had no regrets about it at all. It was just harder for me to deal with since i'm only 15. Yea, i'm a little one & with High School you get so many comments. Most actually loved it which i was suprised about. Regardless I'm loving the TWA & cnt wait to see where this natural journey is heading! afro

Good for you cheers . I wish I had started earlier...
naturalqtpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 on 25th February 2011, 1:32 pm

There is a mkeup thread under skin care! Check it out!
sweetdrk1

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top