CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving ?

+10
Takeya
NiJewel
JazmineB
Aunt_Lola
Color_Me_Coily
swt_sunny
Kea::curls
LoveZaporiah
barb37075
pretty,Pleaseee
14 posters

Go down

Driving ? Empty Driving ?

Post by pretty,Pleaseee 21st February 2011, 11:46 pm

unfortunately, I am 18 and still not a licensed driver Sad. Ladies, Parallel parking and reverse parking is kicking my butt! My dad has been trying to teach me but he does not EXPLAIN exactly what I need to do, he shows me and everything happens so fast even when he's moving slow and I forget. I feel like I need verbal step by step notes on how to park (which way to turn to wheel , how far up to go) , I know I sound weird but help me if you can! I'm ready to be independent instead of always needing rides places. I figure if I can't get the hang of it visually maybe I can understand better verbally? If you can help me that would be amazing because I'm clueless !
pretty,Pleaseee
pretty,Pleaseee

http://helloprettyy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Driving ? Empty Re: Driving ?

Post by barb37075 21st February 2011, 11:51 pm

Haha.. That's how my dad was with me when he was teaching me how to drive. Now I'm 20 and not that great but driving is not all that.

barb37075

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty,Pleaseee 21st February 2011, 11:55 pm

ugh it's the worse ! He confuses me! I actually like the idea of driving because I'll be free to come and go as I please. Plus I'm in school taking the train and the bus back and forth when I have a car sitting at home waiting to be driven ! I need my license Sad
pretty,Pleaseee
pretty,Pleaseee

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveZaporiah 21st February 2011, 11:58 pm

i have my license and i cant parallel park to save my life. im too afraid of hitting another car
LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty,Pleaseee 22nd February 2011, 12:01 am

they didn't make you parallel park for the test ?
pretty,Pleaseee
pretty,Pleaseee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 22nd February 2011, 12:12 am

pretty,Pleaseee wrote:they didn't make you parallel park for the test ?

Nope a lot of states (like FL) don't require it...i can't provide detailed directions, but have you checked out youtube? they seem to have tutorials for everything. good luck!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 22nd February 2011, 12:12 am

Nope a lot of states (like FL) don't require it...i can't provide detailed directions, but have you checked out youtube? they seem to have tutorials for everything. good luck!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by swt_sunny 22nd February 2011, 12:13 am

i still can't parallel park to save my life! i think its one of those things that you really just have to practice at...i took my test when i was a bit older (in CA too), and they actually didn't ask me to parallel park, the closet thing i had to do was pull over & back up in a straight line, which was much much easier! if that's the only thing holding you back, you may want to go ahead and take the test - you can always take it again!

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 22nd February 2011, 12:16 am

I taught myself...

I got it on the 2nd try... I went to an elementary schools parking lot and set up some orange cones that they had in the lot and placed them at a distance where I knew my car would fit... I then drove up to where the cone was about right at the beginning of my back door and backed in

on the test make sure to put your signals on when backing up in the parallel park...if not they will take off points not enough to fail you but still... a point is a point right???

HTH! =D
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 22nd February 2011, 12:19 am

Ok, here's what I was told on parallell parking when I took lessons 100 years ago:

1)Line up with the car in front of the space you want to park in(I'm assuming the car is on your right).
2)Put the car in reverse.
3)Keep the steering wheel straight until you see the rear tail of the other car in the middle of your rear passenger side window then turn the steering wheel all the way to the right.
4)Keep your eye on the passenger side windows & when the tail of the car is in the middle of the front passenger window start turning the steering wheel to the left.
5)Practice.

Good luck with your test. Smile

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty,Pleaseee 22nd February 2011, 12:46 am

Kea wrote:

you guys are luckyyy ! , california be doing the most with everything I swear man :[ I tried youtube for parallel parking they have some not so difficult tutorials, but for backing into a parking spot its always soooo confusing. thank you thoe! I will continue to search

swt_sunny wrote:i still can't parallel park to save my life! i think its one of those things that you really just have to practice at...i took my test when i was a bit older (in CA too), and they actually didn't ask me to parallel park, the closet thing i had to do was pull over & back up in a straight line, which was much much easier! if that's the only thing holding you back, you may want to go ahead and take the test - you can always take it again!

oh wow , I'm starting to think they won't even make me do that , maybe my daddy is just being extra with everything. he wont let me take my test without learning EVERYTHING. & I'm so scared of failing , I failed the written test once and did not even wanna try again , sucky feeling.

Color_Me_Coily wrote:I taught myself...

I got it on the 2nd try... I went to an elementary schools parking lot and set up some orange cones that they had in the lot and placed them at a distance where I knew my car would fit... I then drove up to where the cone was about right at the beginning of my back door and backed in

on the test make sure to put your signals on when backing up in the parallel park...if not they will take off points not enough to fail you but still... a point is a point right???
HTH! =D

thank you for the info ! you have A LOT of patience to have taught yourself ! I get so aggervated when I dont get it

Aunt_Lola wrote:Ok, here's what I was told on parallell parking when I took lessons 100 years ago:

1)Line up with the car in front of the space you want to park in(I'm assuming the car is on your right).
3)Keep the steering wheel straight until you see the rear tail of the other car in the middle of your rear passenger side window then turn the steering wheel all the way to the right.
4)Keep your eye on the passenger side windows & when the tail of the car is in the middle of the front passenger window start turning the steering wheel to the left.
5)Practice.

ThankYou Aunt Lola ! you make it sound so easy lol , I'm definitely gonna try and memorize this for when I go driving next time
pretty,Pleaseee
pretty,Pleaseee

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 22nd February 2011, 5:36 am

pretty,Pleaseee I'm 19 and still don't have my liscence but I'm working on it too. I'm actually going on Friday this week to take my first test. You pay $31 and get 3 chances so its just gonna be a practice test the first time I take it, I'm not expecting to pass but at least I'll know what to expect next time. Anyways, good luck with yours! I live near the LA area too and I hate taking trains and buses everywhere, it truly sucks.
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by NiJewel 22nd February 2011, 10:02 am

Florida girl here! I definitely didn't have to parallel park when I got my license.
NiJewel
NiJewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 22nd February 2011, 11:51 am

Parallel parking was fairly easy for me to learn but I still have to put that skill to use several times a month. I think Aunt Lola's instructions are great!!! The only thing I do different is line the front of my car up with the other car's front window then start at Aunt Lola's step "3b", turning the wheel all the way to the right. Essentially is the same thing though! You may feel like you turned too much but likely you haven't.

You have to be patient with yourself and believe you can do it. If you're nervous or agitated, it only makes learning more difficult. Visualize yourself doing it correctly, steady yourself with a few deep breaths, then try. Repeat the process if you need to. Hope that helps and good luck!!!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty,Pleaseee 23rd February 2011, 9:18 pm

Thank you for responding ladies

Jazmine good luck on your test ! Let me know what the test you on , good luck!

Takeya thank you for the advice I'm going to try both ways. And I'm working on bring more motivated with this I just need to have a more positive attitude and just not give up. Thank you !
pretty,Pleaseee
pretty,Pleaseee

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveZaporiah 23rd February 2011, 9:34 pm

I think they had me do it but I barely made it. After that, I've never parallel parked again. I don't really need too. Besides, for the test we just parked between cones. Thank god!!
LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by annadevis 25th February 2011, 8:54 am

Driving is most useful for every person life. In my city If people have 18 aged than they validity for driving and apply for driving licence. When we learn driving then we go college, work and any where by ourself.

annadevis

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 25th February 2011, 10:52 am

I've been driving for 5 years and suck at parallel parking lol! I live in MA and didn't get tested on it, but some of my friends did and they failed.

@Aunt_lola, I definitely need to try it your way!
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 25th February 2011, 10:55 am

Aunt_Lola wrote:Ok, here's what I was told on parallel parking when I took lessons 100 years ago:

5)Practice.

Great directions!
This is exactly what I do and I can parallel park anything.

Good Luck!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by abelgrren 7th March 2011, 2:05 am

Driving plays vital role in every person's life. In every country have rules about driving. In my city people do drive after 18 years. And they get license for driving. During driving we should take care of our hair.

abelgrren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down