Dare I say it??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dare I say it??

Post by laleepop14 on 21st February 2011, 10:35 am

Okay so after about two months in sengelase twists (YES I said two months), I took my hair out this past Friday for the CurlyNikki meet up ( I had to rock my natural..lol) So anyhoo I finished taking them out, Friday night and deatngling, braided it, and slept in braids with some conditioner and my shea butter/coconut oil mix I made. ..By the way my hair was super moisturized, I slept with a shower cap on so I guess I "baggied"???LOL..So I get up Saturday morning and proceed with my routine I had before I put in my twists which is shampoo and conditioner with the braids still in. And by me doing this I dont have to detangle again after I shampoo and condition. I know people say it might be weird to wash and stuff with braids but I squeeze my braids until I see clear water and rinse a couple of times extra. It really helped me a lot in the detangling area and cutting time down. My braids also don't unravel but aren't too tight either..So ANYHOO after that I unbraid a braid and apply leave in(Giovanni's Direct), some castor oil(Hollywood Beauty I think and I love it) and a little bit of aloe vera gel(ordered from moutainroseherbs.com and twisted my hair.. I knew I had to go by like 4, 4:30 and I had to go get fitted for my sister's wedding at 3!! So it was a long day, but after I twisted my hair, I blew dry it on warm for a few minutes and then finished it off on cool for a few minutes... And the results were amazing... for my first twist out!!! I have a picture over at the curlnikki central nj meet up...(tan coat)

Now on to the third day hair.. Saturday night after all of this Im like I put in a lot of work for this style and didnt want it to go to waste. I usually didnt get 2nd or 3rd day hair... So I saw this blog where she was tellign me instead of one big "pineapple" do little smaller ones.. So its late and Im almost nodded and I get up and do about 5 or 6 little ponytails... This was my first time doing this so I was nervous as all heck.. But I woke up took out the loose ponytails, oiled my hands.fingers and fluffed and OMG!!! I loved it...So I did it again and loved it this morning. I will probably retwist tonight though.. just cause its been a minute since I played in my hair and Im going through withdrawal with this 3rd day hair...LOL..

I'll post pictures in a minute...

SORRY SO LONG. I had to share!!! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A little frizzy in places, but I don't mind. I would have given yall a front view but its too damn early and I'm at work while everyone else is sleeping and its snowing... WOMP WOMP!!! LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by laleepop14 on 21st February 2011, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pictures added)
laleepop14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dare I say it??

Post by Aunt_Lola on 21st February 2011, 11:06 am

Congratulations on getting the highly mythical and long sought after 3rd day hair!!! woot!

Your hair looks really cute. Smile

Aunt_Lola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 on 21st February 2011, 11:10 am

Those pictures are not doing that AWESOME twist out any justice at ALL!! We couldn't believe it was her first time doing that style! The definition was sick!!! It was big, funky and fierce!!

I am at work too and left my family sleeping, so I know how you feel!
sweetdrk1

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire on 21st February 2011, 11:38 am

Looking good ... that's what you have do. The little pineapples - I had to do those too - my hair was too short in certain areas for one large pineapple pony. I agree with the method of braids, I personally do twists and it cuts down tremendously on time.
BlondeByDesire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 on 21st February 2011, 5:48 pm

Aunt_Lola wrote:Congratulations on getting the highly mythical and long sought after 3rd day hair!!! woot!

Your hair looks really cute. Smile

Thank you!!!! I was so excited...

sweetdrk1 wrote:Those pictures are not doing that AWESOME twist out any justice at ALL!! We couldn't believe it was her first time doing that style! The definition was sick!!! It was big, funky and fierce!!

I am at work too and left my family sleeping, so I know how you feel!

Aww Sweet, Im blushing!!!!! I couldn't believe it was my first time either!!! Embarassed

BlondeByDesire wrote:Looking good ... that's what you have do. The little pineapples - I had to do those too - my hair was too short in certain areas for one large pineapple pony. I agree with the method of braids, I personally do twists and it cuts down tremendously on time.

Thank you!!! I never even thought to do that before to achieve 2nd and 3rd day hair, but now I think I have found something great!!! And yes whichever one works for you..twist or braids, but it has cut down on time A LOT!!!!!

Finally starting to get the hang of this thing...LOL
laleepop14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff on 21st February 2011, 7:48 pm

I really can't believe that's 3rd day hair!! It looks so fresh and defined! CONGRATS on taming the unicorn!! cheers
Ambitious_Tiff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top