I want a 2week health challenge friend or buddy

Go down

I want a 2week health challenge friend or buddy

Post by CiaE on 18th February 2011, 3:13 pm

Ok guys, I havent necessarily been weighing myself BUT I do notice a really big pudge coming in and its grossing me out lol

I want to start some type of healthy eating challenge to help me feel healthy and motivated to drop just a few literally few pounds.

I sometimes feel better when i have a buddy so is anyone interested in creating a plan with me for this two week challenge???!!!!
CiaE

View user profile http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I want a 2week health challenge friend or buddy

Post by misskris on 18th February 2011, 10:31 pm

Hey Cia. Just a question, why only 2 weeks?? I'm asking because if you only do it for 2 weeks, sure you'll lose a few pounds, but then what happens when you are done with the 2 weeks?? Will go back to doing what you were doing before? If so it'll creep right back!!! Trust, I been there done that, and know it way to well!! LOL
misskris

View user profile http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 18th February 2011, 11:48 pm

Hey girl im wit it! & what you got in mind. I need to lose 7 pounds in 2 weeks! What's your goal? We need some strict guidlines. My diet has already started but my workout starts tomorrow!

Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE on 19th February 2011, 2:09 pm

misskris wrote:Hey Cia. Just a question, why only 2 weeks?? I'm asking because if you only do it for 2 weeks, sure you'll lose a few pounds, but then what happens when you are done with the 2 weeks?? Will go back to doing what you were doing before? If so it'll creep right back!!! Trust, I been there done that, and know it way to well!! LOL
Hey, well thats because I am horrible with long term, and i figured if i can get through this 2 weeks and prove to myself i can do it...then ill probably do it for longer and make it a habit and not use it as a "challenge" anymore lol
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE on 19th February 2011, 2:11 pm

Mangos&Bananas wrote:Hey girl im wit it! & what you got in mind. I need to lose 7 pounds in 2 weeks! What's your goal? We need some strict guidlines. My diet has already started but my workout starts tomorrow!

Great!!
Well my goal is only 3 ponds lol. But thats because I only have time to exercise 2 times a week. Technically with my dance practices being everyday I could count that as exercise....
Wait yea... Im counting it as exercise.

As for the diet.... I am not sure how to go about it.
I know I want to include a fruit with every meal, and probably have 2/3 of my plate filled with vegetables...

any more ideas? lol
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 19th February 2011, 2:22 pm

Sounds good to me. Im a size four(dress size), but im trying to get to a size 2. Smh, I know I know. But I wanna be SIZZLING for spring break. Sue me.lol. but im thinking.... fruits veggies. And a Water only challenge? Lol
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE on 19th February 2011, 2:37 pm

Girl i hear ya!!
Show off that hard work... we all gotta be fiyahh for fun in the sun.
Yes Water only sounds great!

So do u mean eating only fruits veggies and water?

So 3 meals a day plus a snack? or 5 small ones?
and do u think we should have a limit on how much carbs we take in daily or in a week?
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 19th February 2011, 3:33 pm

I think 5 small ones. It speed up metabolism. But they have to be "small!"

Ooh and at the end of the day we can post what we ate. Are we calorie counting?
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE on 19th February 2011, 4:01 pm

Okie dokie
Yes we can come back daily and post what we ate. We can calorie count if you like. I just have no idea how much calories are in fruits lol

Ok so i love to eat!! So you are going to have to tell me or give me an example of small because my small and ur small can be two different things lol
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris on 19th February 2011, 10:04 pm

OH you size TWOS and FOURS!!!!!!! LOL Y'all got some nerve wantin to lose weight!!!! LOL No but I hear you. I guess everyone sees something they wanna improve on themselves, even if others don't.

@ CiaE, I understan that too. Yeah, if you can get through 2 weeks you should be able to do it long term. Just don'r do anything unhealthy for too long. I say that because the other day I was talking to this girl who said she lost 119 lbs in FIFTY-TWO DAYS!!!!! I was like WTH???? She said she did it by eating only an apple and a grapefruit a day and if she got hungry in between she'd eat a lemon!!!! ?????????? I asked if she had a slice of bread or SOMEthing at all in between and she said no, not once!!!! So that is SO unhealthy. I told her I bet people thought she was on crack or somethin cuz she lost SO much SO fast!!! I can see possibly doing something like that for just a few days, MAYBE a week as a cleanse, but not no 52 days!!!! Anyway, good luck to y'all. Very Happy
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE on 20th February 2011, 1:35 pm

misskris wrote:OH you size TWOS and FOURS!!!!!!! LOL Y'all got some nerve wantin to lose weight!!!! LOL No but I hear you. I guess everyone sees something they wanna improve on themselves, even if others don't.

@ CiaE, I understan that too. Yeah, if you can get through 2 weeks you should be able to do it long term. Just don'r do anything unhealthy for too long. I say that because the other day I was talking to this girl who said she lost 119 lbs in FIFTY-TWO DAYS!!!!! I was like WTH???? She said she did it by eating only an apple and a grapefruit a day and if she got hungry in between she'd eat a lemon!!!! ?????????? I asked if she had a slice of bread or SOMEthing at all in between and she said no, not once!!!! So that is SO unhealthy. I told her I bet people thought she was on crack or somethin cuz she lost SO much SO fast!!! I can see possibly doing something like that for just a few days, MAYBE a week as a cleanse, but not no 52 days!!!! Anyway, good luck to y'all. Very Happy

You are totally right! Because most times eating unhealthy will have you drop pounds but then you can pick them right back up twice as fast if your meals are nowhere near balanced...

So I eating from every food group but in smaller proportions throughout the day is better right?
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by mohaginy on 22nd February 2011, 4:10 am

Hey Guys!!! I would love to join this challenge. I have started to slack. Just consumed a bd amount of oreos Crying or Very sad ...Where is everyone at in the challenge?
mohaginy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris on 22nd February 2011, 2:04 pm

CiaE wrote:
misskris wrote:OH you size TWOS and FOURS!!!!!!! LOL Y'all got some nerve wantin to lose weight!!!! LOL No but I hear you. I guess everyone sees something they wanna improve on themselves, even if others don't.

You are totally right! Because most times eating unhealthy will have you drop pounds but then you can pick them right back up twice as fast if your meals are nowhere near balanced...

So I eating from every food group but in smaller proportions throughout the day is better right?

Hey Cia. Yes, I would say that's better. For your fats, try to get in the HEALTHY fats like, olive oils, nuts and nut butters, avocados,....you can google MUFAs and see if you can find a list of foods under that. Those are the good fats that help fight belly fat. Oh and for the starchy carbs, nix the whites. Eat 100% whole wheat or 100% whole grain breads/crackers and pastas, brown rice, quinoa, no white sugar, beans are great cuz they're FULL or fiber that fills you up. Good luck!!! You can do it!! Very Happy
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE on 24th February 2011, 1:23 pm

mohaginy wrote:Hey Guys!!! I would love to join this challenge. I have started to slack. Just consumed a bd amount of oreos Crying or Very sad ...Where is everyone at in the challenge?
Well i started monday BUT i just noticed that im going on tour and we are going to chicken and \waffles so... i knda wanna postpone it BUT i am still eating healthy (ier)
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 24th February 2011, 8:36 pm

Okaay ladies I been doing pretty well. Lol. Water challenge ..check! Lol. Smaller portions. Soups and salads. Oweee im feeling sexy already! What about you guys?? And @ciaE good luck.on your tour girl. Whats it for?
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 24th February 2011, 8:38 pm

mohaginy wrote:Hey Guys!!! I would love to join this challenge. I have started to slack. Just consumed a bd amount of oreos Crying or Very sad ...Where is everyone at in the challenge?

Hey there!! No more oreos! Lol. What are your goals?
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE on 26th February 2011, 11:06 pm

Well I naturally drink water all the time for meals so im keeping that up. I am def keeping up the 3/4 or 1/2 vegetables on my plate... I am going to start gearing workouts to focus on my love handles lol
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE on 26th February 2011, 11:07 pm

@Mangos I am singing with a choir and dancing... traveling through NY NC SC an GA
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum