CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Containers on Sale WooWoo!

2 posters

Go down

Containers on Sale WooWoo! Empty Containers on Sale WooWoo!

Post by Madeaj 18th February 2011, 11:51 am

Hello everybody

One of my favorite online ingredient shops has an Overload of jars and bottles. The have 50 8oz white jars w/caps for 10 bucks. I will have jars forever. cheers

12 oz and 16 oz bottles w/ caps or pump. 50 for 10.00
16 oz bell bottle (so pretty) 10 for 4.00

If you have ever bought empty cosmetic containers, you know how expensive they can be. I just wanted to share. This is great for me because I hate re-using containers, especially for my butters unless the container is glass.

New Containers cheers
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Containers on Sale WooWoo! Empty Re: Containers on Sale WooWoo!

Post by Jo Somebody 19th February 2011, 12:32 pm

OMgosh! Think of the environment Madeaj! Recycle, recycle, recycle! Wink
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 19th February 2011, 1:03 pm

I do recycle when appropriate. That is why I use glass more often then not. But glass in the shower or bath is an accident waiting to happen. I will use the used clean containers for paints, pins and other crafts so they don't go to the garbage. Whatever's leftover goes to the recycling center. I do understand your concerns, though. 50 jars seem like a lot of landfill material. Neutral But I have other things to consider too.

Health-wise, plastic containers can hold odors and bacteria. Reusing cosmetic containers can cause skin problems and also cause your product to go rancid or mold faster. I have sensitive skin, even a bandaid leaves a mark like a burn on my skin. I can't afford to take chances with reusing containers. And I definitely cannot give my homemade creams and balms to people in used containers.

Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 23rd February 2011, 5:48 am

Ahhh, I completely understand if you're giving stuff out! Anyway, I was joking to be honest, hence the 'wink' smiley. My jokes aren't very good! No
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 23rd February 2011, 8:49 am

Awwwww, Jo Somebody, I understood you were joking. Very Happy But you were right, recycling is a serious issue. I just wanted to share my reasons for getting so many containers. Smile
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down